PDA

View Full Version : Heeelp?

Eurygnomes
14th June 2005, 16:24
http://www.buy-sell-exchange.co.nz/...vert_id=1181679

$1995 for a four month old GN250!?!?

I know I WANT a sports bike, but hell, I'm only gonna be in NZ for another 12 weeks, I can put up with a GN250. Surely.

Whaddya think?

I won't be online tonight, but I'll check back tomorrow. Bikes in Whangerei though - is there anyone up there who would do a newbie a GIGANTIC whopper of a favour?

Ta guys for the general welcome today - it's been much appreciated!
Nomes

Paul in NZ
14th June 2005, 16:47
You should be able to sell it easily but be careful. It can still take time to sell a bike at this time of the year.

You don't want to be stuck with it if you need the $$ for the trip eh?

Having said that. GN's are fun little bikes around town and for learning on. Jazbug5 was a petite person and found the wierd handlebars really cramped her up and had difficulty managing it until we stuck on some old A10 bars I had laying about which made it better for her. You might find the same, dunno.

If you do decide to ride it on the highway just remeber these things hold less than a litre of oil and it gets a real thrashing. Change the oil regularly and check it often or it will die horribly!

I'd be asking the dude wot is selling it how often he changes the oil...

If he does not know, chances are he never did. be careful!

Cheers

XP@
16th June 2005, 15:57
When you move are you going to be shipping stuff with you? or will you be selling up?

If you are shipping then it often worthwhile to take your bike with you. just stick it in a crate with the rest of your stuff.

If you are selling up then on a 250 the value will probably stay the same (unless you buy from a bike shop).

Private sale: If your dad or bro are in the area then get them to check the bike over. if they arn't then try get it checked anyway...

These should match your needs
http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/listings/listings_search_results_advanced.asp?sidebar=1&39=Sports+%26+tourer&40=&9=200&9=400&24=0&24=0&51=1000&51=3000&x=63&y=4&search=1&mcat=0001-0026-1255-