PDA

View Full Version : Blueant stereo F4 Interphone?

Devil
9th December 2010, 10:49
Can someone with one of these please tell me about the sound quality as far as music is concerned?

Interested in getting one and connecting it to my phone for calls, gps and music using a2dp - and i'd be using the music a lot, i'd love to know what the quality is like.

Devil
9th December 2010, 21:30
What the hell is the tech talk forum?
It'll never get seen.

Flip
9th December 2010, 21:35
The sound quality is fine, its the ants best feature.

steve_t
9th December 2010, 21:54
How much are these?

Devil
10th December 2010, 07:34
The sound quality is fine, its the ants best feature.

Is it tinny, is it bassy? Does it reproduce the full spectrum?
Does it seem to be boosted around specific frequencies?

NZsarge
10th December 2010, 07:36
I reckon the Sena SMH-10 is worth a look, check it out at
www.ramsolutions.co.nz
Apparently has good sound quality, mate has the F4 Interphone and reckons the speaker are a bit tinny but likes the unit as a whole.

Flip
10th December 2010, 23:10
Is it tinny, is it bassy? Does it reproduce the full spectrum?
Does it seem to be boosted around specific frequencies?

They sound better than the set of in ear phones that came with my apple ipod which are not too bad anyway, but not as good as the $175 in ear phoned I have that are made by Bose. The ant is actually so loud it can make my ears ring and I can listen to music at any speed and thats over the sound of my Harley at relatively high speed. The music quality is actually very good, low distortion and they have what I would say is a neutral reproduction. I brought 2 sets so I could talk to the boss when riding, but now I mostly listen to music and can talk on the phone. The internal ant battery lasts about 12 hours listening to music while the battery on the cell phone only lasts 6 in blue tooth mode that is.

About the only thing I don't like is the sound jumps about what I estimate is 9db when the background noise goes up, and its quite an increase in volume espcially if they are turned up loud to start with.

I would say if you want good quality music, buy a good quality set of Bose ear phones and save $200.

Devil
13th December 2010, 07:39
They sound better than the set of in ear phones that came with my apple ipod

Yeah those are terrible, but the iPod isn't known for it's fantastic sound quality either!

Good to hear about the volume and clarity, yes I do have $175 headphones which i'd normally be listening to, but the whole solution of hooking up phone, gps, music and intercom seems to neccesitate going to the speakers.

If I dont like them, i'll probably go for the Sena kit so I can plug my nice headphones in.
Have a set on their way from the states!

NZsarge
13th December 2010, 09:48
i'll probably go for the Sena kit so I can plug my nice headphones in.
Have a set on their way from the states!

It'd be great if you could write up a review once you've had it up and running for a while, did you buy it direct or through a site like Revzilla?

Devil
13th December 2010, 11:55
It'd be great if you could write up a review once you've had it up and running for a while, did you buy it direct or through a site like Revzilla?

Just to clarify, poor phrasing on my part, I have a set of the F4's coming.
Used mrhit.com
NZ$220 inc shipping (NZ retail $399!!!)

They'll be getting a hammering over two weeks in the South Island in Jan.