PDA

View Full Version : Interweb problems...

george formby
9th December 2010, 11:58
Is any body having problems with their internet, some sights not opening, pictures / video not loading, slow as buggery then fine again?

You may be interested to know that when speaking to Telecom I was told the problem is nationwide & related to the Wiki leaks saga:facepalm:

Hmmm, this doe's not strike me as good news. Cyber war... :shit:

Your thoughts Kber's?

firefighter
9th December 2010, 12:07
That's what you get for using Xtra.

When I left Teleshit they asked how they could keep my custom (when I rang to cancel account), I asked if they could give me 20gig with calls for $90 a month. They could'nt give me 10gig for that, I think he said I could probably get 8gig, as if it was some kind of favour. I laughed and hung up.
Plus they're heavily effected during peak hours.

It amazes me they still exist really, I could'nt fathom using such an expensive company, with the worst rates, and the worst reliability.

Oh yeah, to answer your question my internet is mint, has been all day with no issues.
In other words you can read it two ways; You were lied to, or they were inferring that Telecom is fucked over the whole country and they don't want to admit to yet more problems.

748south
9th December 2010, 12:10
ahhh woulndt worry about it i recon this whole interwebby thing is a fad

mashman
9th December 2010, 12:21
Is any body having problems with their internet, some sights not opening, pictures / video not loading, slow as buggery then fine again?

You may be interested to know that when speaking to Telecom I was told the problem is nationwide & related to the Wiki leaks saga:facepalm:

Hmmm, this doe's not strike me as good news. Cyber war... :shit:

Your thoughts Kber's?

From what i read somewhere this morning, vanished it seems, with Assange being sought after, and MasterCard and PayPal denying support donations for "his" cause, the interweb went bonkers and the cyber warriors started to DOS the afore mentioned finance brokers...

has been working fine for me though

george formby
9th December 2010, 12:52
S' funny but all my computers are sminky again after that phone call.... Very weird. I had customers Skyping & facebooking merrily away but as soon as they tried to open a new tab, computer said no. Other's on the network would open nothing & then be fine a minute later.

Feckin compootas!

Grasshopperus
9th December 2010, 13:10
It's true, there's a war on. A spectator-unfriendly, info war.

If they can get away with shutting down wikileaks then they've won ('they' being those who would dare to censor).

It's funny that when they removed wikileaks.org from DNS there were already 750+ mirrors of the site, and growing.

If you've got resources then help 'Operation: Payback (is a bitch)'

SMOKEU
9th December 2010, 14:16
Broadband data caps are so '90s.

onearmedbandit
9th December 2010, 15:30
Yup I'm with xtra and I've been having the same issues for the last few days, as has another friend on xtra. It has been fine this afternoon since I've been home.

ellipsis
9th December 2010, 15:34
ahhh woulndt worry about it i recon this whole interwebby thing is a fad

...and very brittle...

george formby
9th December 2010, 15:44
Yup I'm with xtra and I've been having the same issues for the last few days, as has another friend on xtra. It has been fine this afternoon since I've been home.

My network came right about lunch time too. I then received a phone call from Telecom just to check that this was the case. Hmmm.

They obviously found the loose cable..:yes:

scissorhands
9th December 2010, 19:15
Blaming wiki leaks is a cheap shot. Bastards, kick them in the balls and leave