PDA

View Full Version : Anti-bike on the Rock!

kinger
9th December 2010, 15:35
I first heard of the fatal crash...
http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/motorcyclist-killed-akld-s-dominion-rd-3958389
... in Auckland today on therock.
Seems that the Robert half of Robert and Jono had a bit of chip when he announced the scant details of the crash, followed by "a SPEEDING motorcyclist..."
Don't know the details of the crash, but his attitude seemed to suck more than a little.
Any one else notice it, or am I being touchy?

Ronin
9th December 2010, 15:40
I first of the fatal crash...
Seems that the Robert half of Robert and Jono had a bit of chip when he announced the scant details of the crash, followed by "a SPEEDING motorcyclist..."
Don't know the details of the crash, but his attitude seemed to suck more than a little.

Your being touchy. HTFU.

Str8 Jacket
9th December 2010, 15:41
Quote from story: "A moment's carelessness or inattention on anyone's behalf can be tragic within seconds."

So true. Buggar.

HenryDorsetCase
9th December 2010, 15:51
I first of the fatal crash...

http://www.bsa.govt.nz/complaints-intro.php

dont bleat about it on the interwebs, do it properly

firefighter
9th December 2010, 15:52
Concrete milkshake and some mammoth yoghurt.

It's ok to give a shit if it's a politician wanking on and blaming 'us' for stuff because then some bad roll-on effects can happen. Robert from the Rock, meh.

schrodingers cat
9th December 2010, 16:10
Robert from the Rock, meh.

Who?

+6 char

AllanB
9th December 2010, 16:14
You are being touchy.

All motorcyclists speed. Speed is one of the many attractions, if it was not we would all be on 200's and happily getting 100mpg.

Go on - I challenge one of you to genuinely announce that you have never take your bike over 100 kms per.

LBD
9th December 2010, 16:24
I saw it on either MSN or Stuff with photos this morning but seems to have been pulled since then...They were quoting a spectator who said "the bike looked to be speeding"

I believe he had a pillian who is in hospital...

slofox
9th December 2010, 16:28
Go on - I challenge one of you to genuinely announce that you have never take your bike over 100 kms per.

I never "take" my bike over 100km/hr. I just "let" it over...:whistle:

Owl
9th December 2010, 16:42
I challenge one of you to genuinely announce that you have never take your bike over 100 kms per.

I have never taken my bike over 100kms per 23 minutes:shutup:

JATZ
9th December 2010, 17:08

I don't..... ever :innocent:

in the driveway at least

neels
9th December 2010, 17:09
I never take my biker over 100km's per hour.

I always stop for a rest before I get anywhere near that distance.

Anyhoo, the guys on the rock in the afternoon (and the morning for that matter) are dicks, ignore them and they might go away.

avgas
9th December 2010, 17:11
Not on Dominion Rd I haven't
a crash at 50kph on that road just about killed me 6 years ago

I notice the waved front discs too......obviously too much talent in this squid for normal brakes.......

I hope the girl lives. Fucken sucks that she was hurt at all.

Owl
9th December 2010, 17:18
Anyhoo, the guys on the rock in the afternoon (and the morning for that matter) are dicks, ignore them and they might go away.

Which one's the muppet with the stupid laugh? Is he the same person that has the fucked up head?

Mully
9th December 2010, 17:54
Good Grief.

I can't believe it.

This has stunned me.

Someone actually listens to The Rock?

kinger
9th December 2010, 19:00
Hairy muff, I shall now HTFU
Seems I'm in the minority regarding media representation of minority groups. Glad I'm not a black lesbian single mother!

LBD
9th December 2010, 19:12
Seems I'm in the minority regarding media representation of minority groups. Glad I'm not a black lesbian single mother!

....muslim?

kinger
9th December 2010, 19:17
....muslim?

Apparently Mohammed has overtaken James and Tom as the most popular boys name registered in UK.
Makes me bloody glad we jumped ship!

scumdog
The Rock guys?

Barely post pubescent twats full of their own shit!:yes:

Maha
Apparently Mohammed has overtaken James and Tom as the most popular boys name registered in UK.
Makes me bloody glad we jumped ship!

But you still love a good curry right?....:rockon:

kinger
9th December 2010, 19:56
Actually prefer to cook 'em at home these days, just can't get a GOOD one in Taupo.
There was a place just towards Avondale from the Kingsland that wasn't half bad, but that was really based on the quality of the onion bhaji!

buellbabe
10th December 2010, 11:10

Actually I am kinda with ya there. Where in that story does it say the bike was speeding? Seems to me that there is a lot of negative reporting concerning motorcyclists. Sure sometimes the motorcyclist is definately at fault, but the tendency for the media to instantly ASSUME that is the case is getting on my last nerve.

Another example was the headline last weekend "motorcyclist helicoptered to hospital". The general public will read that as 'another bad-ass motorcyclist breaking the law and getting their just desserts'. When really, it should have read "car being driven dangerously seriously injures motorcyclist".

And don't tell me to HTFU. I'm a triple-hard biker bitch with attitude plus LOL!

nadroj
10th December 2010, 11:54
Didn't hear the rock but a Hauraki anouncer told a story of recently being behind a woman at an intersection where he clearly saw a bike coming, watched the woman look both ways, then pull out in front of the bike. He accosted the woman & after asking whether she saw the bike was told "oh bikes have to give way don't they?"

White trash
10th December 2010, 12:24
You are being touchy.

All motorcyclists speed. Speed is one of the many attractions, if it was not we would all be on 200's and happily getting 100mpg.

I saw 187 on the clock of the FZ-8 last night on one wheel.

Banditbandit
10th December 2010, 12:28
I saw 187 on the clock of the FZ-8 last night on one wheel.

Yeah .. I saw something on the speedo that looked like three digits with a 8 in the middle coming to work this morning ...

Swoop
10th December 2010, 14:09
A few years back, Leah announced that she would like to open her car door on "those scooters who ride between cars"...

Barely post pubescent twats
So, at 45 (Robert) is just past puberty?:scratch:

buellbabe
10th December 2010, 14:25
"oh bikes have to give way don't they?"

FFS

GRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Ronin
10th December 2010, 14:40
Another example was the headline last weekend "motorcyclist helicoptered to hospital". The general public will read that as 'another bad-ass motorcyclist breaking the law and getting their just desserts'. When really, it should have read "car being driven dangerously seriously injures motorcyclist".

And don't tell me to HTFU. I'm a triple-hard biker bitch with attitude plus LOL!

Well yes you may be but like a lot of others your being a bit sensitive.

kinger
11th December 2010, 05:11
...and as a finale, the complaint has been submitted to the BSA.

JMemonic
11th December 2010, 06:19
So, at 45 (Robert) is just past puberty?:scratch:

It takes some people a while to get past puberty.......:yes:

BoristheBiter
11th December 2010, 06:32
You are being touchy.

I never take my bike over 100, It takes me.

Woodman
11th December 2010, 08:12
Good Grief.

I can't believe it.

This has stunned me.

Someone actually listens to The Rock?

I do now that Hauraki has gone to shit.

Edit, I never ride over 100, well on seal anyway.

Banditbandit
16th December 2010, 08:56
It takes some people a while to get past puberty.......:yes:

You get passed puberty ???? You mean this urge to bonk every scantily clad young lusty will pass ??? BUGGA !!!!