PDA

View Full Version : Need a new digi cam

firefighter
10th December 2010, 14:54
I need a new digital camera as my camera has finally given up the ghost. It lasted a good 7 or so years and was cheap so i'm hardly worried about it.

However I want a replacement. Nothing flash just a point and shoot, that actually takes good pics (good enough for the home photos i'm not thinking of trying to impress anyone) and really just after a compact style digital camera.

I could just cruise into Noel Leemings and play 'eenie meenie miny mo', but someone may read this who has recently bought one and either hate it or happy with it, I want to hear from you please.

My basic wants;

-I'm looking up to around $300.
-Again, compact, but not tiny, I just mean I don't want an SLR style one.
-I like the idea of the panoramic pics where you push the button then move and it 'stitches' them all together into a smooth picture.
-Possibly one with HD qualities? If that matters? All of my other electronics are HD now so I guess I want it reasonably up to date.
-MOST important to me is the picture quality. I hate looking at totally shit photos, or having to take 300 pics to get a good one. My old Sony Cybershot took better pics than the ex's new fan-dangle one, surely 7 years of technology since then can produce a good image at a reasonable price.
-I could'nt give two shits about it's video capability/or if it even has that.

Thanks

Juzz976
10th December 2010, 15:04
www.pricespy.co.nz

I've got a BenQ one and its good although u need to buy good batteries for them.

Fuji finepix are good aswell.

boman
10th December 2010, 15:59
I have a Sony one. Takes good pictures. Has a memory card. It also takes 2x AA batteries. Which is bloody handy when the rechargables go flat.