PDA

View Full Version : Any Tauranga based KBer want to check out a bike for me?

Skinny_Birdman
12th December 2010, 08:28
Would anyone based in Tauranga want to check out a bike that's for sale in the Mount for me? The last bike I bought was also from up there coincidently, but this time I don't have time to get up there.
It would be useful if any volunteer had a bit of basic mechanical nouse (and specifically knew how to spot concealed crash-damage) and had a full license so could take it for a quick spin. If anyone is keen can they please PM me. I can make it worth your while.

Cheers
SB

thepom
12th December 2010, 11:00
So what you looking at alex?...

Skinny_Birdman
12th December 2010, 18:27
Patience, grasshopper.

Suffice to say that the CBR 1000F is gone, so the next part of the garage re-kajiggering, replacing my Transalp, is underway. Won't happen before the DB tho.

clint640
13th December 2010, 10:02
I could probably pop over one afternoon & have a look for you if no one closer puts their hand up, any excuse for another spin on the 690 before bro asks for it back :yes:

Cheers
Clint

Crisis management
13th December 2010, 10:18
I'm visiting the mount this saturday (pre christmas relative visiting) and may be able to look at a bike, dependant on location and timing....

PM me if you're desperate!

saul
13th December 2010, 11:18
Yep if you are really keen on it I can:yes:

Do the PM thing:love:

Skinny_Birdman
13th December 2010, 11:19
Man KB Adventure Riders are awesome! Mountie, who is a local, has very kindly offered to have a look. Thanks Clint and Crisis Management and Saul for offering to help out. As a general thing and to redress the karmic balance, I am happy to do the same for any out of town KB'er looking at bikes down here.

I will keep you posted as to how it turns out....

Juzz976
13th December 2010, 11:29
I can have a look for ya, I'm in town and ride to work everyday.

Can go check it out at anytime that suits seller.

I'm a switchboard builder so competent with technical/mechanical gear.

PM

marks
13th December 2010, 12:22
any excuse for another spin on the 690 before bro asks for it back :yes:

Cheers
Clint

When are you going to give us mere mortals your thoughts on how the 690 compares to the 640???

Sorry SkinnyBirdman

clint640
13th December 2010, 13:42
When are you going to give us mere mortals your thoughts on how the 690 compares to the 640???

Sorry SkinnyBirdman

Stay tuned for another epic Clint & Rosie production.... 'The Burt Trip Ride Report' coming soon to an advrider.com internet forum near you :yes:

We just finished sorting out our pics over the weekend so will get onto the report soon. In short the 690 is real good, a noticeable improvement in most areas, but there's still a lot to like about the ol 640.

Cheers
Clint

thepom
13th December 2010, 17:39
What did you do with the old transalp?was it my old one?..

Skinny_Birdman
14th December 2010, 06:29
I can have a look for ya, I'm in town and ride to work everyday.

Can go check it out at anytime that suits seller.

I'm a switchboard builder so competent with technical/mechanical gear.

PM
I've got it sorted now, but thanks for the offer Juzz. Duly blinged.

What did you do with the old transalp?was it my old one?..
Yes it is your old one, and I still have it (and it still bears the scars of your tenure :shutup:).. No matter what happens it will still be featuring in the DB1K 2010, because the current object of my desires would need a few bits and pieces before I'd risk it on some of the gnarlier bits of the DB track.

All going well I will put the old girl up for sale after the DB. It will be a bit sad, because she has been a reliable and steady workhorse for over 3 years and a good learner adventure bike for Mrs B, but the new one would be my main ride, so I'm after something a bit flashier.

Skinny_Birdman
14th December 2010, 06:30

Sorry SkinnyBirdman

No worries. I'm curious too.

timg
14th December 2010, 18:02
it will still be featuring in the DB1K 2010Cool - Team Transalp does the DB1K. With any luck Transalps will out number those horrid orange thingies :dodge: You're not going to the orange side I hope

cooneyr
14th December 2010, 19:38
Cool - Team Transalp does the DB1K. With any luck Transalps will out number those horrid orange thingies :dodge: You're not going to the orange side I hope

Speaking of Trannys, it was you that we passed on last Saturday morning wasn't it?

I still reckon there will be more "orange blooded" things - not all are orange on the outside ;)

thepom
14th December 2010, 19:50
Let me know how much your asking in a pm ...I might be interested....

Transalper
14th December 2010, 21:30
J and I miss it too and I wish I had the dosh for another.... one day it will happen again. :wait:

timg
14th December 2010, 21:42
Speaking of Trannys, it was you that we passed on last Saturday morning wasn't it? Yup. On our way to camp KB :woohoo: in the Catlins & home again via Qtown

Skinny_Birdman
15th December 2010, 07:24
Let me know how much your asking in a pm ...I might be interested....

PM sent. Transalp now quivering with fear.:shit:

Skinny_Birdman
15th December 2010, 07:26
Cool - Team Transalp does the DB1K. With any luck Transalps will out number those horrid orange thingies :dodge: You're not going to the orange side I hope

God forbid! Hopefully I have sold my last European bike, although I said that when I ditched the F650.

thepom
15th December 2010, 19:06
All I have to do is hide it along with the blackbird, the xt 600 and the 600 tenere AND the africa twin and all will be good.....you can never have enough bikes!!!

JATZ
15th December 2010, 20:03
All I have to do is hide it along with the blackbird, the xt 600 and the 600 tenere AND the africa twin and all will be good.....you can never have enough bikes!!!

If you need to make room and feel like moving the Ten.... I could be interested in a spares bike

Skinny_Birdman
16th December 2010, 07:01
Mountie very kindly had a thorough shuftie at the bike in question yesterday, and made a very fulsome report. Thanks mate, you're a gentleman and a scholar.
Subject to a few due diligence things I will be calling the owner to talk festive poultry today.....

Skinny_Birdman
17th December 2010, 13:40
Well, the deed is done, and we are on our way to becoming a three Transalp family! Linky (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=337512249)while it lasts. Needs, well, everything, but lower kms and MUCH lower price than the last one.
Yay for a matching pair......

Underground
17th December 2010, 19:40
Nice bike , V2's are awesome :yes:.......but the seller says he wants to trade 'up' to a harley :laugh: