PDA

View Full Version : You have sold out to The Man

Coyote
14th June 2005, 21:36
You have sold out to The Man. You sold out the day you were born. You sold out the day you wanted that toy that all the other kids at school had. You had to have it too. You sold out the day you saw that TV commercial and wanted what they were selling. You sold out to The Man. You sold out the day that you spent your allowance to go see that movie. You know, the one with that guy. He was so cool. Guess what. He's a sellout too. He sold his soul to make that movie. He sold out to The Man for fame and fortune and a limo and a hot tub. The guy that drives his limo is a sellout too. He sold out to pander to celebrity. He whored himself out to The Man and The Man's system of synthetic hierarchy so he could kiss the feet of another sellout. Everyone that bought a ticket to that guy's movie was a sellout. Everyone that saw the movie that bought one of the corporate sodas they were selling in the theater lobby sold out twice as much. The kids that worked in that theater sold out to The Man too. They spent the greatest years of their lives letting The Man pimp them so they could earn The Man's dollar so they could go spend it on The Man's clothes, shoes, music and so-called entertainment. What a viscious circle. It's a cage. He has you under his thumb. All of you.

http://www.silverladder.com/links/badscary/theman.htm - Thanks to Jamezo for finding this random site

Mr Skid
14th June 2005, 23:01
Alarumba,

Have you thought of getting a hobby?
Perhaps teaching yourself to play a musical instrument?
Or maybe learning a foreign language?

Waylander
14th June 2005, 23:04
Alarumba,

Have you thought of getting a hobby?
Perhaps teaching yourself to play a musical instrument?
Or maybe learning a foreign language?

And collecting online video game awards is not a hobby.:niceone:

Motu
14th June 2005, 23:09
Never had a ''soda'' in my life - you wanna talk to me,you use your own words.

Ixion
14th June 2005, 23:40
Never had a ''soda'' in my life - you wanna talk to me,you use your own words.

My Mum used to swear by washing soda. And gran made nice soda bread with baking soda. I'll have to look in the cupboard and see if Mrs Ixion has any corporate soda.

What?
15th June 2005, 06:43
My Mum used to swear by washing soda. And gran made nice soda bread with baking soda. I'll have to look in the cupboard and see if Mrs Ixion has any corporate soda.
Dưa reckon Soda Springs will make your bike's suspension soggy?

Coyote
15th June 2005, 07:46
Gee, only 5 posts into the thread the subject has been changed

And I can't have a hobby as most of my time is spent doing homework

James Deuce
15th June 2005, 07:56
Yep, get over it, or go back to living a short, brutal, pointless Hunter/Gatherer existence.

As Motu says, if you aren't contributing to the argument, all you are doing is spouting someone else's propaganda or religious dogma.

StoneChucker
15th June 2005, 08:08
for the most pointless thread ever started. Only a select few on here could top THIS.

Jim2 is right. And, who even cares about "The Man"? I like movies, soft drinks, MOTORBIKES, music, buying stuff, etc, etc, etc...................

JHC! What a pointless read this was

Hitcher
15th June 2005, 09:09
Wasn't Soda the little green dude with the funny ears in Star Wars?

mikey
15th June 2005, 11:37
easy on cunts.

he posted the fucking link hwere he got it from, an wasnt trying to pass it off as his own.

its all fine for you to strike out at him when he says something that goes against the way you live, because

the majority of people in our society are trapped in this world, you dont have freedom. I HAVE FREEDOM. you cant fuck off to the naki an go surfing for a few months tomorrow, I CAN. you dont have the freedom to go, MY BOSS IS AN UTTER FUCK WIT AN SO ARE MY COLLEAGUES, FUCK THEM IM OUTTA HERE, you are all trapped, you got bills, to pay, your part of the system. your fucked. fuckers...

you cant just fuck off when ever you want, your all trapped. enjoy your trapped lives.

sometimes i would wake up an ride to top of hill in morning, i would sit there an enjoy a herbal ciggy, an watch all the ANTS swarming into town, 5 days a fucking week, more for some, they go in an them swarm back out an ''enjoy'' there 2 days off for 5 they worked.

whats wrong with the world. why would anyone work 5 for 2 off???????????????????????????????????

an there is no website for me to acredit this rambling to. ios all MINEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

an i drink fucking soda, the charger out the back of it. gets ya dead for 5 seconds.

Biff
15th June 2005, 11:42
Wasn't Soda the little green dude with the funny ears in Star Wars?

No, you're thinking of Yoghurt.

MSTRS
15th June 2005, 11:45
Mikey Mikey Mikey - this from one who just got 'proper' footwear and 'knows' that the 'R' is important. Believed the sales hype there didya?

mikey
15th June 2005, 11:47
my dad payed for boots. i personally wouldn of spent 300 on boots. thats an ouncemate!

MSTRS
15th June 2005, 11:51
my dad payed for boots. i personally wouldn of spent 300 on boots. thats an ouncemate!
You wanna get yerself to Bali - hear it's cheaper there

White trash
15th June 2005, 12:19

Your Dad didn't spen three hundy on the boots either.....

Ixion
15th June 2005, 12:19
for the most pointless thread ever started. Only a select few on here could top THIS.

Jim2 is right. And, who even cares about "The Man"? I like movies, soft drinks, MOTORBIKES, music, buying stuff, etc, etc, etc...................

JHC! What a pointless read this was

I'm sure that me and me loonies could create a more pointless thread if we tried hard.

scumdog
15th June 2005, 12:25

At that price they must have seen you coming! :rofl: or are you maybe talking about gold eh? :whistle:

scumdog
15th June 2005, 12:33
easy on cunts.

he posted the fucking link hwere he got it from, an wasnt trying to pass it off as his own.

its all fine for you to strike out at him when he says something that goes against the way you live, because

the majority of people in our society are trapped in this world, you dont have freedom. I HAVE FREEDOM. you cant fuck off to the naki an go surfing for a few months tomorrow, I CAN. you dont have the freedom to go, MY BOSS IS AN UTTER FUCK WIT AN SO ARE MY COLLEAGUES, FUCK THEM IM OUTTA HERE, you are all trapped, you got bills, to pay, your part of the system. your fucked. fuckers...

you cant just fuck off when ever you want, your all trapped. enjoy your trapped lives.

sometimes i would wake up an ride to top of hill in morning, i would sit there an enjoy a herbal ciggy, an watch all the ANTS swarming into town, 5 days a fucking week, more for some, they go in an them swarm back out an ''enjoy'' there 2 days off for 5 they worked.

whats wrong with the world. why would anyone work 5 for 2 off???????????????????????????????????

an there is no website for me to acredit this rambling to. ios all MINEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

an i drink fucking soda, the charger out the back of it. gets ya dead for 5 seconds.

I can do all that ('cept I can only surf the internet :rofl: ) I can also 'fuck-off' to the USA or anywhere tomorrow, or buy any motorbike I wanted or take months of work or ...... because I SOLD OUT TO THE MAN dude!
You 'Freedom junkies" are only free in you head, you are just another slave to the sytem no matter what you say, the big difference is you are also an impoverished slave with no cash whereas this slave HAS cash and don't give a shit about this 'selling out to the Man' crap - I am THE MAN!!! MwaaHaaahaaahaaa :mad:

Motu
15th June 2005, 12:33
Come on guys,stay on topic eh? I got told off yesterday for not staying on topic an I cut my wrists over it,but that stupid plastic knife you get at KFC broke! Anyway,more importantly - why am I no longer Bloody Pingu Champion? My score still hasn't been beat,but nowhere am I on the scoreboard.This just plain sucks! Can't beat me far and square so just fuckin take me off the whole game! I'm gunna start my own game and if I win (I will) no one else will be alowd to play.I reckon soda in the fountain would be fun.

Hitcher
15th June 2005, 12:35
You wanna get yerself to Bali - hear it's cheaper there
Only the locally-grown. The stuff imported from Australia is more expensive. Apparently...

MSTRS
15th June 2005, 12:51
Only the locally-grown. The stuff imported from Australia is more expensive. Apparently...
That Import Duty can sometimes be a killer alright

Hitcher
15th June 2005, 13:03
That Import Duty can sometimes be a killer alright
Just don't inhale it and you should be OK.

mikey
15th June 2005, 14:48
Your Dad didn't spen three hundy on the boots either.....

thats the price tag. some gimp who wont let me test ride 1000cc gixxers might of fucked with it a little but thats the MANSZ price tag.

FUCk the man

mikey
15th June 2005, 14:52
I SOLD OUT TO THE MAN dude!

the big difference is you are also an impoverished slave with no cash

i aint NO FUCKING SLAVE . i wake up in the morning an do what ever the fuck i want. you on the other hand, dont.

your a slave.

your a slave to your pay cheque / employer. your a salve to the MAN.

You 'Freedom junkies" are only free in you head,

your head is what creates your reliaty, check in with it sometime, try creating your own reazlity. what is real to you. being a slave?

MSTRS
15th June 2005, 14:58
i aint NO FUCKING SLAVE . i wake up in the morning an do what ever the fuck i want. you on the other hand, dont.

your a slave.

your a slave to your pay cheque / employer. your a salve to the MAN.

your head is what creates your reliaty, check in with it sometime, try creating your own reazlity. what is real to you. being a slave?
Mikey has landed (again) (almost). Been out checking the job market?

scumdog
15th June 2005, 15:06
. your a salve to the MAN.

A SALVE huh? Some would tell you that the last thing I am is a salve, I tend to be the opposite for a lot of people!! :Pokey:

I can choose whether I WANT to be a slave, thus far I'm quite content being one, especially when I have a chunk of 'descretionary income' to help ease the pain of being a slave and give me wider choices. :niceone:

mikey
15th June 2005, 15:08
Mikey has landed (again) (almost). Been out checking the job market?

an join the system an work for the man????????

i aint doing none of that. not till i turn 25 at least. then somehow it will get to me an i will turn out like rest of world an sell ym soul to the MAN

until then

FUCK THE MAN

scumdog
15th June 2005, 15:14
Who is this MAN dude wot is screwing with mikeys and my life?? He sure as hell has a lot to answer for, is he some kind of suit or what?

Or is it Heluncluck in drag? :weird:

Sure as hell screwed MY lifes plans, I was going to be retired and wealthy by the age of 45!! :mad:

mikey
A SALVE huh?:

yeh to her majesty bla bla bnla protect an serve bla bla bla take home pay cheque bay harley davidson, insure harley an so on.

I can choose whether I WANT to be a slave, thus far I'm quite content being one, especially when I have a chunk of 'descretionary income' to help ease the pain of being a slave and give me wider choices. :niceone:

when you choose not to be a salve an loose your precious harley an so on, so really you cant, unless you wanna lose harley an all else precious to you....

and summing up from judge mikey

YOUR A SLAVE

MSTRS

i aint doing none of that. not till i turn 25 at least. then somehow it will get to me an i will turn out like rest of world an sell ym soul to the MAN

until then

FUCK THE MAN
So your anarchic principles have a time limit? Oh, and tread lightly around TheMan - sometimes he fucks back donchano

James Deuce
15th June 2005, 15:15
That's "you're".

scumdog
15th June 2005, 15:19

until then

FUCK THE MAN

You're not in reality Rick from The Young Ones are you mikey?? :wait:

mikey
15th June 2005, 15:22
So your anarchic principles have a time limit?

nah problem is its not just the man, i can hold out against the man. its

percentage of people that say ""FUCK the man "" type thing normally lose it by 25ish an realise they just got hanicapped in life not living the MANS system, everyone else is 10 years ahead of them in sucking THE MANS cvopck towards retiring when your old. who wants to retire when your old. fuck thta. retire now.

Waylander
15th June 2005, 15:25
Hmm, Hey mikey want to come up here and follow me around while I turn in job apps a CVs? Maybe if some employers see you they will realize that I'm not so bad, for an american, after all.

MSTRS
15th June 2005, 15:52
nah problem is its not just the man, i can hold out against the man. its

percentage of people that say ""FUCK the man "" type thing normally lose it by 25ish an realise they just got hanicapped in life not living the MANS system, everyone else is 10 years ahead of them in sucking THE MANS cvopck towards retiring when your old. who wants to retire when your old. fuck thta. retire now.
Don't need age to retire, just money. Your way is not retiring - it is charity.

bear
15th June 2005, 16:03
Everyone's working for the man! We're all constrainted by societal limitations, whether you decide to work or not dictates the choices you have, not whether "you've sold out to the man".

TonyB
15th June 2005, 16:21
Hey Mikey, do you work? If not, are you getting the dole or some other benifit? Cause if you are getting a benifit then I hate to tell you mate, but THE MAN is paying you. HE owns you more than HE owns us workers- we're paying THE MAN the money to pay you....
Think any of us are under the thumb or oppressed? Try living as a Jew in Hilters Germany, or a White landowner in Zimbabwe, or a slum dweller in Zimbabwe (they're bulldozing the slums flat), or a Black South African under the apartheid system, or a politcal activist in China, or a ......

StoneChucker
15th June 2005, 17:23
The funny thing about the delusional, is that they seriously think they are right. Now, I know what you mean, I do. You're right, I can't leave tomorrow and go for a ride to Taranaki (Not that I'd want to mind you). I can't go to the beach tomorrow, go relax on a quiet hill or lots of other things I do. But, I can afford the meaningless possessions that I want, that make working for the man worthwhile. In twenty or thirty years, I'll hopefully own my own home, have wife/kids and anything else I see fit. If you do what you're suggesting, you have no options. To experience things in life costs money. To get money you have to work for "the man".

I don't like working for the man, I wish I won lotto and could do what I wanted all day long, but it doesn't work like that. Sooner or later you'll realise that WE are paying the man, who is supporting you. The man isn't giving you enough money to do all the things in life which are enjoyable.
It's not all about money you may say? Bullshit, it IS all about money. I don't mean aquiring shitloads of it, I mean having enough to exist comforably.

What sort of world would it be if noone worked. Where would things we use come from? It just makes no sense. Get over it :niceone:

Coyote
15th June 2005, 18:50
Geez, I didn't mean to stir up this amount of shit

Noticed I posted it up under 'Jokes and Humour' as it was a joke that wasn't to be taken literally, and I didn't pass it as my own comment, as mikey said, and gave the link to where I found it.

Now, everyone stop saying 'fuck the man' as it's kinda homo :-p

SPORK
15th June 2005, 20:41
Geez, I didn't mean to stir up this amount of shit

Noticed I posted it up under 'Jokes and Humour' as it was a joke that wasn't to be taken literally, and I didn't pass it as my own comment, as mikey said, and gave the link to where I found it.

Now, everyone stop saying 'fuck the man' as it's kinda homo :-p
Shut the fuck up, motherfucking fucker.

I work for the man, yeah!

We've come to the conclusion that everyone is happy with what their relationship to the man, so that's all good.

HAte it or luvvit...

Big Dave
15th June 2005, 20:55
Actually, I've always thought I was the man.

El Dopa
15th June 2005, 21:25
I'm bringing down The System from the inside.....

mikey
17th June 2005, 18:43
Hmm, Hey mikey want to come up here and follow me around while I turn in job apps a CVs? Maybe if some employers see you they will realize that I'm not so bad, for an american, after all.

yeh. you might just get yourself a job.

to continue the FUCK THE MAN thing,

im no slave, i did a days work (4hrs paid 2 hours worked) today. started on the bosses heinekens at lunch, being a friday an all an thats what there there for right? dick comes home early an starts bitching at me, after i have done a fuckooad more than the $400 that was agreed upon for the job.

in typical style my contract ended then an there, no one injured thank fuck, i kept it together [har har har]

its fucking great being able to go....

""" you senile old fucking prick. fuck you bla bla bla blablka bla an go fuck your precious fucking dog you didnt want paint on either. """ or someing liek it

borrowed a few bits an pieces for payment as he wouldn pay cash for the most of job done an got out there without any more incidents.

how many of you could tell your boss to get fucked?

so the story goes, im a feeling like shooting up to new plymouth next week to go surfing. hey ar.

what about you bunch of slaves, let me ave a guiesss

working for the MAN?

scumdog
18th June 2005, 05:12
yeh. you might just get yourself a job.

to continue the FUCK THE MAN thing,

im no slave, i did a days work (4hrs paid 2 hours worked) today. started on the bosses heinekens at lunch, being a friday an all an thats what there there for right? dick comes home early an starts bitching at me, after i have done a fuckooad more than the $400 that was agreed upon for the job.

in typical style my contract ended then an there, no one injured thank fuck, i kept it together [har har har]

its fucking great being able to go....

""" you senile old fucking prick. fuck you bla bla bla blablka bla an go fuck your precious fucking dog you didnt want paint on either. """ or someing liek it

borrowed a few bits an pieces for payment as he wouldn pay cash for the most of job done an got out there without any more incidents.

how many of you could tell your boss to get fucked?

so the story goes, im a feeling like shooting up to new plymouth next week to go surfing. hey ar.

what about you bunch of slaves, let me ave a guiesss

working for the MAN?

I couldn't tell my boss to get fucked 'cos its that long since I've sen him!

And when he isn't happy with the work I've done? no matter, I still get the full pay :niceone:

Ah, it's nice to be a slave, off to L.A., Las Vegas, New Orleans, etc etc soon, might bring back a '63 T'bird for a souvenir, lifes a bitch at times mikey eh? for you an me both bro! :rofl: :rofl: :whistle:

Jackrat
18th June 2005, 11:53
Hey ala,your not a Bob Dylan fan by any chance??
Just think I might have heard this before,,,Hmmm,ya' know.
Gott'a work for somebody. :whistle:

Ixion
18th June 2005, 12:00
Here in Helenistan, should the title of this thread not be "You have sold out to the woman " ?

Coyote
18th June 2005, 12:44
Here in Helenistan, should the title of this thread not be "You have sold out to the woman " ?
Righto.....

EDIT: funny that. It only changed the title of the first post, not the name of the thread

mikey
18th June 2005, 19:22
lifes a bitch at times mikey eh? for you an me both bro!

might bring me back a few ounces from the naki, am sure i will enjoy it as much as youenjoy the bird

Coyote
18th June 2005, 20:10
Hey ala,your not a Bob Dylan fan by any chance??

Not a big fan but I like a few of his songs

Coyote
18th June 2005, 20:49
From the same site that started this thread

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11620

gamgee
18th June 2005, 21:33
Arcade Awards: High Score: 2914 Snake Champion! High Score: 3513 Chopper Challenge Champion! High Score: 95200 Kill Kenny Champion! High Score: 52111 Alien Clones Champion! High Score: 666 Juggler Champion! High Score: 21385 AirFox Champion! High Score: 6255 Pinball Champion! High Score: 2580 Space Hunter Champion! High Score: 1340 Spider Jump Champion! High Score: 99750 Ninja Kid Champion! High Score: 7294 Soap Bubble Champion! High Score: 173 Alien Attack Champion! High Score: 296209 Alien Hominid Champion! High Score: 8754 Yeti 7: Snowboard Freeride Champion! High Score: 44468 Chocks Away Champion! High Score: 159 Fly Sui Champion! High Score: 28 Choirboy Champion!

you have far, FAR to much time on your hands :nono:

Hitcher
19th June 2005, 17:34
He now only scuttles around the gargre like a pair of ragged claws, but in his day, jrandom was The Man.