PDA

View Full Version : MNZ Automatic Insurance?

StoneChucker
14th June 2005, 21:42
I got the following off the MNZ insurance page:
Insurance

Members Insurance Scheme

This is a compulsary scheme. All administrators and current MNZ licenced members, including trail riders and one day licence holders, partaking in MNZ permitted events are covered by this insurance.

The policy covers competitors for accidental death only, the maximum amount payable is $15,000.

Claim form and details on the claim procedures are available from the office of Motorcycling New Zealand.
Does that mean that if you are killed at ANY event requiring an MNZ race licence, you are covered as such?
I'm in the process of joining a bike club and then getting the MNZ licence.

Jeremy
14th June 2005, 22:23
I'm a little worried about the "accidental death" part. Couple of months back the AA sent out free life insurance things to all of it's customers. Only problem was that the following things weren't covered: illness, old age, stress, suicide, vehicle accidents, anything involving illegal activities, unexplained causes and anything they didn't feel like covering.

However if it's a real accidental death policy that looks like it'd cover you all year around. $15,000 isn't much for a life insurance policy though, as even $300,000 policies don't cost that much.

gav
14th June 2005, 23:06
I don't think its a life insurance scheme though, its just a hand out or one off payment if you "die accidently" while competing in a MNZ event.

FROSTY
14th June 2005, 23:22
Thats it exactly -its a policy you pay for as part of ya MNZ licence.
It covers death only

StoneChucker
15th June 2005, 22:04
Thats it exactly -its a policy you pay for as part of ya MNZ licence.
It covers death only
Yeah, thats what I thought.
What constitutes death though? What about looking really old, and racing like you're dead?

So Tony, what did you do with your 15K? :rofl: :whistle:
[pt] Thanks for the reply. Vic application going off tomorrow, MNZ soon after I hope. Hope I don't get stuck waiting for paperwork to go through.