PDA

View Full Version : Replacement parts for HJC helmet?

Spazman727
16th December 2010, 17:55
Does anyone know if its possible to get new springs for the quick release visor thing on an HJC helmet? Mine went missing today and now when I move the visor up or down it pops off because there are no springs holding the clip closed, if that makes sense.

bogan
16th December 2010, 18:03
similar thing happend to me a while ago (plastic brok, not springs though), depend on the model but you can buy whole side plate things for em. Unfortunately mine is a bit old (kast cl14 iirc) and couldn't find any online, so figured out that if i pulled it forward then up it wouldn't pop off anymore (won't work in your case obviously).

Spazman727
16th December 2010, 18:06
similar thing happend to me a while ago (plastic brok, not springs though), depend on the model but you can buy whole side plate things for em. Unfortunately mine is a bit old (kast cl14 iirc) and couldn't find any online, so figured out that if i pulled it forward then up it wouldn't pop off anymore (won't work in your case obviously).

I've shoved some paper behind the movy bit to stop it for now. Thanks, Ill see if I can find one, the helmet isn't that old so hopefully can get one.

ICE180
24th December 2010, 16:20
smae happend to me on a HJC

Cost $30 for new plastics that hold the visor in from Mt Eden motorcycles

but they have gone now

scott411
25th December 2010, 06:13
HJC are pretty good with parts for their helmets, take it in to any dealer and they should be able to get the side plate kits for them, as above they are normally aorund $25 to $30 a set,

awa355
1st January 2011, 15:53
If parts aren't avalible it might be worth buying a real cheap HJC helmet off Tme for the bits.

davebullet
4th January 2011, 08:06
If parts aren't avalible it might be worth buying a real cheap HJC helmet off Tme for the bits.

I was thinking the same thing... then cannibalise it for the parts you need:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Clothing/Menswear/Other/Large/auction-344685050.htm

awa355
4th January 2011, 12:32
[QUOTE=davebullet;1129946437]I was thinking the same thing... then cannibalise it for the parts you need:

I did this a few years ago with a FFM. Paid $25 for a helmet that had a good clear visor, and a tinted visor that still had the plastic film on it.