PDA

View Full Version : Zips

Teflon
17th December 2010, 16:29
I have a damaged zip on a one piece leather suit that needs to be replaced. How much will it cost to repair the suit?

Cheers

:violin::love::sick::sick::innocent::drinkup::scoo ter::yes::gob::corn::facepalm::blink::facepalm::an gry:

yungatart
17th December 2010, 20:24
How long is a piece of string?

kiwifruit
17th December 2010, 21:10
my guess would be fifty bucks

Teflon
17th December 2010, 21:56
Thank you for the reply. They were a set of leathers that i have given away. This should give them a rough idea on how much it will cost to repair

Cheers

thepom
27th December 2010, 07:32
I took my leather jacket in for a zip and they charged me 50 bucks....a bit stiff but cheaper than a new jacket .....

slofox
27th December 2010, 10:51
If you get it done for $50 you are doing very well indeed. Last jacket I had re-zipped was over $100. Mind you, that was a new zip install not just a repair.

Daffyd
27th December 2010, 10:58
I took my leather jacket in for a zip and they charged me 50 bucks....a bit stiff but cheaper than a new jacket .....

Try spraying it with CRC Dri-Glide.

cave weta
27th December 2010, 12:29
my guess would be fifty bucks

Thank you for the reply. They were a set of leathers that i have given away. This should give them a rough idea on how much it will cost to repair

Cheers

If you get it done for $50 you are doing very well indeed. Last jacket I had re-zipped was over $100. Mind you, that was a new zip install not just a repair.

In my other life I repair zips- www.canvas-doctor.yolasite.com
a 60cm zip retails at $16.00 - it takes about 3/4 hour to remove old one and fit so that is $40- $56.00 total -plus GST

Ratti
9th January 2011, 19:19

Pretty much what it goes for. as Cave Weta says, it takes time and some gear is a bitch to take apart. I did a job last week that involved taking out the zip on the back of a pair of trousers, replacing it and adding the other side of the zip to a jacket that didnt have a waist zip. ( it was the zip that joins the two items together ) came to $62 all up.

took a little over an hour as the trousers were REALLY well made and I had to create a place for the zip to go on the jacket. Quit whining, you expect us to do it for how much?

Dutchee
10th January 2011, 21:43
I think you guys need to re-read the first post, or I'm way off base. Replacing a zip in a 1-piece? Surely that's more than $50-$60. I would've thought around the $75-$100.
I would've thought that a fair bit more work than a jacket, as it would have the V, and be a right PITA. Then again, I think sewing a right PITA and don't do it.
(you're all mentioning jackets, but the OP is mentioning 1pce).:innocent:

BMWST?
10th January 2011, 21:49
I think you guys need to re-read the first post, or I'm way off base. Replacing a zip in a 1-piece? Surely that's more than $50-$60. I would've thought around the $75-$100.
I would've thought that a fair bit more work than a jacket, as it would have the V, and be a right PITA. Then again, I think sewing a right PITA and don't do it.
(you're all mentioning jackets, but the OP is mentioning 1pce).:innocent:

so the zip is a bit longer,maybe the i peice actually makes it easier in some ways..good point tho

hellokitty
11th January 2011, 05:30
I have a question - the tag bit on the end of my zip on my jacket broke off - I put a key ring thing on it as I was desperate = would I need a new zip or can you get new tag things?
Quite annoying as it was an expensive jacket from America and I didn't expect the tag to be so cheap and crappy.

davebullet
11th January 2011, 07:27
How long is a piece of string?

I thnk you meant, "How long is a piece of zip?"

davebullet
11th January 2011, 07:28
I have a question - the tag bit on the end of my zip on my jacket broke off - I put a key ring thing on it as I was desperate = would I need a new zip or can you get new tag things?
Quite annoying as it was an expensive jacket from America and I didn't expect the tag to be so cheap and crappy.

The key ring things are the best. Had the same problem on my shitrider (dririder) boots. They work better now as I can pull the shit out of the key ring thing and the zip is doing up no matter what it thinks. Could never grip those tags hard enough.

Ratti
11th January 2011, 07:50
stick with the key ring. Those tabs have a huge strain on them and do give way occasionally. O alright, quite a lot. Ive got one that has a safetypin holding it up, handy as its a trouser zip and the pin adds an extra layer of confidence that im not spilling out of my trou.

hellokitty
11th January 2011, 19:28
stick with the key ring. Those tabs have a huge strain on them and do give way occasionally. O alright, quite a lot. Ive got one that has a safetypin holding it up, handy as its a trouser zip and the pin adds an extra layer of confidence that im not spilling out of my trou.

Thanks - looks a bit shit though - flash jacket with a key ring on it :weird: but does work really well!

Ratti
11th January 2011, 20:26
Add some bling then woman. prety sparky pink crystal beads ought to do it

hellokitty
12th January 2011, 05:41
Add some bling then woman. prety sparky pink crystal beads ought to do it

:bleh: the jacket is pink and white, probably girly enough!