PDA

View Full Version : An ex-pat on their way back (NotHisRealName)

NotHisRealName
22nd December 2010, 11:37
Hi All. For now just call me Real.

I'm currently living in Australia - I've been here since '88. I was 10 when my family moved here, but I've always considered New Zealand home. However, I've never been back there since coming here. In 2011, that's going to change.

Anyway, a few mates have been talking about heading across the ditch next December to play some airsoft. I wasn't all that keen initially, but then when I thought about hiring a bike and doing a tour around the North Island, I became a little more driven.

Anyway, this is just an initial post to introduce myself and give you all a heads-up that I'll be spending some time here in the coming months browsing through your forums and asking a lot of questions about sights to see and routes to take.

-Real.

spajohn
22nd December 2010, 13:02
Gudday, and welcome. These books here could make for some interesting reading for you then...http://www.mcycle.co.nz/books.htm

cheers,
John

paturoa
22nd December 2010, 17:52
Tis a big place the west island. Where abouts are you and what is airsoft?

NotHisRealName
22nd December 2010, 17:57
I'm just out side of Brisbane, Queensland. Most of the year it's good to go riding, but the weather here's been a bit poor lately.

Airsoft is like paintball, but used small plastic BB's and has realistic looking weapons.

Unfortunately our weapon laws here are extremely strict and airsoft, with their realistic firearms/assault rifles, are illegal.