PDA

View Full Version : Every Given Sunday

mono
16th June 2005, 11:07
I have just been informed by a very reliable source, that SH16 will be patrolled every Sunday by the police from now until the end of time. :blank: That is all.

Motu
16th June 2005, 11:13
Painful for me,because I've been riding it for longer than most here - I once got a flat tyre on the way to Port Albert,that's the road to the left at the top of the hill after Tauhoa - I WALKED to Welsford,it was a dusty one lane gravel road and I NEVER SAW a car the whole way.Now look at it,an alternative route to SH1 and a playground for sports bikes.

mono
16th June 2005, 11:19
That must have been a few years ago, it sees a lot of traffic these days. My informant tells me that the police are specifically targeting bikes too. :no:

Lou Girardin
16th June 2005, 13:09
There was a marked car 5 km's from Wellsford on Sunday. He was too slow on the trigger. :Police: :ride: :Police: :brick:

enigma51
16th June 2005, 13:26
Yip people it is confirmed they seem to be from about kaukopkopa (how ever you spell it) too welsford A mate mine said he was up there two weeks ago and had 5 marked cars pass him (He in a car so no tickets)

Motu
16th June 2005, 13:36
I'm seldom on SH16 anyway,I ride the roads between SH1 and SH16,or out around Port Albert....sports bikes are my Cop magnet to keep me out of trouble.