PDA

View Full Version : Back on 2 wheels (R1GEEZA)

R1GEEZA
24th December 2010, 21:14
iv been on this site quite alot wheneva facing a bike problem etc and usaly hav found the answer without even having to post which is pretty awesome! anyway im greg 24 moved from england to nz aprox 5 years ago, been riding roadbikes for a few years. i sold me beloved 748s for a deposit on a house 2 years ago and hav been without abike untill recently...... 2 summers without a bike has been pretty sh*t and finaly am back on board! so i got a 02 R1 that has quite high ks (65k) but is pretty tidy just got forks serviced, new chain n sprockets n new tires and have been doin the odd run out to akeroa. so yea just wanted to intrduce maself and see if anyones keen for a ride? im also hopeing to maby do a trackday this summer if anyone knows any coming up that are nice and relaxed for a track noob!!!! or even better if ur goin to 1 and dont mind havin a tag along cheers

Caedmon
24th December 2010, 23:55
Hey Greg :) Always keen for a ride. I'll pm you my number.

Gibbo89
26th December 2010, 10:05
Check out the 'meetings and events' section, there is a Wednesday Night Ride which does some good runs in the surrounding Chch area, fell free to come along.

Welcome to KB

tigertim20
26th December 2010, 17:30
gday and welcome, also check out www.southernrider.co.nz as well, lotsa guys from christchurch on there too!!

R1GEEZA
26th December 2010, 17:44
cool thanks ill check it out. more into riding with 1 or 2 others who all ride at a similar pace than riding with a huge group of all abilities tootling around from stop to stop. not that there is anything wrong with that just not my cuppa tea.

onearmedbandit
26th December 2010, 19:46
Depending on your pace and ability I could be keen for a ride out to LR or Akaraoa. I'm free most days so let me know.

R1GEEZA
26th December 2010, 20:42
Depending on your pace and ability I could be keen for a ride out to LR or Akaraoa. I'm free most days so let me know.

sounds good will pm u

R1GEEZA
26th December 2010, 20:53
sounds good will pm u

maby not! aparently i havent been on here enough to use the pm service. id be keen for a ride ova to aka or hiltop atleast. i always think its a bit of a waste getting to little river and not making the most outa them hills! when you say depending on my pace and ability. im no rossy but dont fanny around to much. i like riding reasonably hard and know the route quite well. iv just scrubed in new tyres and keen to ride tomoro but weneva you want really i got two weeks off work!!!!

onearmedbandit
27th December 2010, 08:14
maby not! aparently i havent been on here enough to use the pm service. id be keen for a ride ova to aka or hiltop atleast. i always think its a bit of a waste getting to little river and not making the most outa them hills! when you say depending on my pace and ability. im no rossy but dont fanny around to much. i like riding reasonably hard and know the route quite well. iv just scrubed in new tyres and keen to ride tomoro but weneva you want really i got two weeks off work!!!!

Sweet, sounds good. I haven't really got much on today or tomorrow.

onearmedbandit
27th December 2010, 08:48
sounds good will pm u

Check your rep.

R1GEEZA
27th December 2010, 09:04
Check your rep.

thanks, wat does that do? is that wat enables me to use the pm service? as far as our ride goes. im off to play golf shortly with the old man:facepalm: then ill be off to the dealer to c about this rear tire. ill let you know how i get on. hopefully they have a 190 in stock now

DMNTD
27th December 2010, 09:08
thanks, wat does that do? is that wat enables me to use the pm service? as far as our ride goes. im off to play golf shortly with the old man:facepalm: then ill be off to the dealer to c about this rear tire. ill let you know how i get on. hopefully they have a 190 in stock now

I strongly doubt your Dealer will be open today...that is if you were referring to a Motorcycler 'Dealer' anyway :sunny:

BTW...welcome back to riding ;)

Virago
27th December 2010, 09:23

Rep is reputation - click on Settings at top right to see rep messages left for you.

PM system requires minimum of five days membership and a post count of five - another couple of days...:yes:

onearmedbandit
27th December 2010, 09:24

It's the site reputation feature where people can rate your posts, either positively or negatively, and leave comments as well. To keep my contact details off the public forum, and as you can't PM yet I've left my mobile # in your rep. Check it out by clicking on 'Settings' at the top of window.

R1GEEZA
27th December 2010, 09:47
sorted. nice1. im not that clued up with this kinda thing, neva used a forum b4, hopefully get the hang of it soon!! i think if i wasnt carefull i could spend wayyyyyyyyy too mch time here!!!!

NZsarge
27th December 2010, 10:21
sorted. nice1. im not that clued up with this kinda thing, neva used a forum b4, hopefully get the hang of it soon!! i think if i wasnt carefull i could spend wayyyyyyyyy too mch time here!!!!

Ahuh.... :facepalm:

onearmedbandit
27th December 2010, 10:35
I came here back in '02, haven't found my way out yet. And they even make me work here too.

R1GEEZA
27th December 2010, 14:03
haha looks like on on a downward spiral into the labarinth of endless bike talk then:shit:

DMNTD
27th December 2010, 16:42
haha looks like on on a downward spiral into the labarinth of endless bike talk then:shit:

Don't be too concerned about that....not too much 'bike talk' on KB :facepalm:

R1GEEZA
28th December 2010, 08:54
haha yea iv notice sum threads go wildly off topic lol! alot of banter thrown around 2

onearmedbandit
28th December 2010, 12:13
Lets face it, no matter where bikers gather the topic will start on bikes and splinter into 100 other topics. Doesn't matter if it's at the pub, at the track, at the destination of a ride, in your living room, or on Kiwibiker (or as some call it, KiwiBitcher :facepalm:). The only difference with the 'net is that everything is recorded for all to see whenever.

motodrummer
5th January 2011, 21:59
Welcome back to the wind dude-you must be stoked aye!

R1GEEZA
6th January 2011, 10:30
sure am!! its only wen u go in the garage and theres no bike there u reasilse wat a F*CKUP uv made!!! haha neva again lol

onearmedbandit
6th January 2011, 15:33
sure am!! its only wen u go in the garage and theres no bike there u reasilse wat a F*CKUP uv made!!! haha neva again lol

I know the feeling. My bike's in getting the forks done, dropped it off on Tuesday and arranged to pick it up tomorrow. Every time I go out to the garage for a smoke the empty space my bike normally occupies sends shivers down my spine. At least I have the g/f's 600RR to gaze over.

hayd3n
6th January 2011, 15:39
I know the feeling. My bike's in getting the forks done, dropped it off on Tuesday and arranged to pick it up tomorrow. Every time I go out to the garage for a smoke the empty space my bike normally occupies sends shivers down my spine. At least I have the g/f's 600RR to gaze over.

im still waiting for a head to be sent from wales , hopfully sent tomorrow

R1GEEZA
6th January 2011, 16:19

morol of the story.....never let any1 make you think its a good idea to sell ur bike....its not!!! u willonly be left a hollow shell of the man u once were :shit:

onearmedbandit
6th January 2011, 16:21
morol of the story.....never let any1 make you think its a good idea to sell ur bike....its not!!! u willonly be left a hollow shell of the man u once were :shit:

I'm lucky, my g/f has talked me out of selling mine a couple of times.

R1GEEZA
6th January 2011, 16:45
I'm lucky, my g/f has talked me out of selling mine a couple of times.

it usualy the other way round isnt it, she sounds lyk a keeper haha