PDA

View Full Version : GPR damper base setting?

rapid van cleef
29th December 2010, 17:50
hi folks. ive just fitted a gpr damper to my zx10. i know everyone will set theirs differently. do i set it at 3 and see how i go or what? ive never had a damper before so some advice would be cool. thanks, all knowing biking fraternity.

Shaun
30th December 2010, 07:57
I have used them and thought them to be great. I cannot remember my setting point though. I reccomend that you just sit on the bike, and adjust the clicker so you can feal what does what, and chose a starting point from there.

Robert Taylor
30th December 2010, 18:52
hi folks. ive just fitted a gpr damper to my zx10. i know everyone will set theirs differently. do i set it at 3 and see how i go or what? ive never had a damper before so some advice would be cool. thanks, all knowing biking fraternity.

A steering damper is there primarily as a safety device and shouldnt have too much low speed ( low speed handlebar movement ) If your bike is wobbling its usually chassis / geometry / suspension setup and ideally a steering damper shouldnt be used to ''fix'' it because all its actually doing is masking the real problem. Having said all that the earlier ZX10s are notable for being pitchy and unstable.
If you run off road or track the progression curve in the steering damper should ideally arrest any sudden ''jerk'' handlebar movements and just might save you putting the bike down. Run the damper where it feels comfortable to you but avoid having it over aggressive in setting