PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki eliminator

MagicMarker
16th June 2005, 21:34
I just found a Kawasaki eliminator, El250/zl250 (what is the difference?) it is around my price range for a first bike. Are there any known problems with them? Are they good bikes? or is there a better bike i can get for around $3,000?

Hitcher
17th June 2005, 21:12
The Eliminator EL250 is a ripper of a bike. An inline two, six-speed box, low seat height (good for ladies and other untall riders), nice and comfy and shit-hot fun to ride. They also have Mr Kawasaki's bloody excellent positive neutral finder (Geez I miss this feature). Mrs H had one as her second bike (traded a Honda CB100 in on it after two weeks' riding). Get one without spoked wheels -- much easier to clean! Good gas mileage, compared to an inline-four 250. Kawasaki also do a v-twin Eliminator. These are fairly scarce but look stunning. They go well too, I understand.

John
17th June 2005, 22:01
Kawasaki also do a v-twin Eliminator. These are fairly scarce but look stunning. They go well too, I understand.

I am going to have to say that the 05 ELv Is the most impressive bugger you could find!

Hitcher
17th June 2005, 22:02
I am going to have to say that the 05 ELv Is the most impressive bugger you could find!
That's nice. Very nice.

MagicMarker
17th June 2005, 22:50
are there any known problems with these eliminators. I am assuming the V-twin model is better compared to the inline 2 model. But the Inline 2 model is pretty good as well. Any idea on the top speed / highway driveability??

As Hitcher said, stay away from the spoked rims. Is there anything else I need to keep an eye out for?

Thanks for the replies guys.!! Will hopefully be joining you all once I get a bike!

campbellluke
18th June 2005, 00:28
Only 35 - 40 horsepower probably not too heavy from the looks of them.
Rear brake is drum. Meaning that you are cursing when you are changing the brake shoe.

Other than that, I actually think that they look pretty nice.

I think you would like an inline four 250cc though. No harm test riding one or two. If you pick your time right, $3000 would easily cover a yamaha FZR250 or something like that.

-- I only actually knew of the V Twin one. The inline 2 would be a lot less powerful.

Edit: I wouldn't be surprised if the V Twin one neared 180. Similar horsepower and weight to the VTR250s. 89 VTR250 does 180 juuust, reved to 13 I think. So if the revs are there I think it would pass 170.

The inline 2.. would be too slow.