PDA

View Full Version : Beached as Bro

Headbanger
31st December 2010, 15:23
Took the family down the beach earlier today, There is a little creek that runs pretty warm that's good for them to splash around in without too much drama.

All is good for about half an hour until a Jeep comes thundering down the beach and through the water, I'm not real impressed as we are clearly visible and its a known family spot.

The wagon tears off up the beach, turns around and comes back, I get my kids to move upstream, sure enough the jeep is going even faster, tears through the water and speeds off, Im thinking "fuck you", as I'm glaring at them I see its 4 chicks. This can only end badly.

Again, they tear off down the beach, spin around and come thundering back through the water, even faster then before, big splash of water, big grins.

And again, they tear off, turn around, thrash through the stream, only this time they follow the water line, I'm thinking "you dumb fuckers" There are pools all along this beach, all hidden by nice calm water that's only 3 inches deep, Boomfa, they hit one going hard, big wave of water, the wagon almost disappears, emerges from the water, and comes to a stop, windows are opened and out leap 4 idiots.

Soon enough the rest of there group appear and set about trying to free the wagon, No chance in hell, Shes buried deep and the tide has turned, I walk into the dunes as I saw some guys in there earlier in a Hilux, I tell em whats happened and we go have a look from a distance, They flat out refused to take there wagon over to pull em out, No surprise there as the reason I had gone to find them was so I didn't get roped into the bullshit.

Anyway, Twice the group sent a delegate over to ask me to tow them out, Twice I refused, There was no way in hell anything less then an anchored winch or a piece of heavy machinery was going to budge them, Hook up a tow rope to my wagon would have resulted in my wagon being buried, first in sand and then by teh tide.

So we packed up and left them to it.

Bald Eagle
31st December 2010, 15:28
You gotta love karma :yes:

Usarka
31st December 2010, 15:40
Not cool when kids so around, so I feel ok saying BAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA sucks to be them.

MIXONE
31st December 2010, 15:55
You gotta love karma :yes:

Especially when you are there to see the results.:yes:

Brian d marge
31st December 2010, 15:59
you did point out to said idiots, that there are kids around and this is their Karma for being idiots ..

Then sit back with a beer and ROLF :corn:

Stephen

avgas
Such a shame they could get out the windows

98tls
:facepalm:Nth islanders and 4wds:woohoo:

george formby
31st December 2010, 16:05
Tis the season! I used to live on a big beach & this time of year was mayhem with eejits. I have had the pleasure of seeing a new Toyota Prado submerged, a Mercedes SLC with just its bonnet poking out of the sand when the tide receded & a posh fan dangled Range rover totaled in a roll over. Karma loves that beach!

slofox
31st December 2010, 16:27
Sooooo... there IS a god..! Eeeeheheheheheeeeee.

hellokitty
31st December 2010, 18:12
:woohoo: good job! Idiots like that ruin everyone's good time :yes:

FJRider
31st December 2010, 18:44
Almost as good as parking up at a popular boat ramp ... with a chili-bin full of cold one's ... and watching the fun. The ramps wide enough to launch two boats at a time I've found best "value for money" ...

I love the smell of (other peoples) clutches burning in the morning ...

Chuck in a jack-knifed trailer ... a slipping hand-brake ... a mooring rope a metre or so too short ...

the smiles just keep coming ...

The best part in both cases ... they do it to themselves ....

oldrider
31st December 2010, 19:02
Like the idiots portrayed on TV news tonight camped around the perimeter of the Waitaki hydro lakes!

"They" did not give us enough warning, cry the "victims"!

FFS, there are signs all over the place and it pelted with rain for almost 48 hours and there were radio warnings issued!

Camp wardens and Meridian staff went around warning low level campers and got abused for their trouble!

"Personal responsibility" is really in short supply in this country! :facepalm:

The spillways opened and Karma took it's relentless toll. :doh: Big flows! Big Karma! :rolleyes:

AllanB
31st December 2010, 19:02
Sounds a bit dangerous - I'd have waved them down for a chat after the first run.

Strange but I'd picturing the 4 as wearing bikinis and having Farra Fawcett hair-dos.

98tls
31st December 2010, 19:03
There was a time when a clean 4wd would have stuck out worse than a 3rd ball on a Greyhound these days coming across one thats ever been off roads a miracle.

98tls
31st December 2010, 19:05
Like the idiots portrayed on TV news tonight camped around the perimeter of the Waitaki hydro lakes!

FFS, there are signs all over the place and it pelted with rain for almost 48 hours and there were radio warnings issued!

Camp wardens and Meridian staff went around warning low level campers and got abused for their trouble!

The spillways opened and Karma took it's relentless toll. :doh: Big flows! Big Karma! :rolleyes:

:woohoo:John we are still laughing after seeing that shite on the news.Bloody idiots.Happy New year to you and yours by the way.

FJRider
31st December 2010, 19:07
There was a time when a clean 4wd would have stuck out worse than a 3rd ball on a Greyhound these days coming across one thats ever been off roads a miracle.

Tyre's fitted are usually the give-away of what leaves the seal ... and what doesn't ...

98tls
31st December 2010, 19:12
Tyre's fitted are usually the give-away of what leaves the seal ... and what doesn't ...

Na mate,tis the paint that gives them away i reckon, most dont have a scratch on them let alone ever been driven down a gully in the middle of nowhere.

Paul in NZ
1st January 2011, 06:01
I'm no 4wd nutter (but I did own a ww2 armoured car once) but been in a few and hung out on beaches and in mountains etc

just like motorcycling, one thing thats bound to end badly is driving fast in areas that you are not familiar with. But yeah - karmas a bitch and I hate morons that drive fast on family beaches (which beach btw - looks nice)

Maha
1st January 2011, 07:53
Aint that word 'boomfa' just dandy?
Boomfa....you can add Ca to it and it becomes Caboomfa which gives makes it a three action word instead of a two. When used in the correct manner it is known as a caboomfa-ism.

Woodman
1st January 2011, 08:02
Sounds a bit dangerous - I'd have waved them down for a chat after the first run.

Strange but I'd picturing the 4 as wearing bikinis and having Farra Fawcett hair-dos.

Obviously not bikini clad beauties, because then he would have towed them out:shutup:

Karma is good, but hardly ever see it in action.

sunhuntin
1st January 2011, 08:27
(which beach btw - looks nice)

looks a bit like kai iwi. south and castlecliff beaches dont have stream things for kids to play in, kai iwi does. its lovely out there.

good on you for leaving them there, HB. probably a better outcome than if you had asked them to slow down. lol. hopefully they will learn to play nicely when there kids about.

Headbanger
1st January 2011, 14:47
Its at South Beach, The water level varies but its usually deep enough for small kids to splash around in.

As for not helping, If I had thought I could have towed them out I would have, But they were buried deep.

The hole they hit was a good 5 foot deep, I watched one guy wade into it to get to the back of the wagon and it was up to his shoulder.

Brian d marge
1st January 2011, 18:42
are you allowed to shoot them with paint ball pellets , while they try to get the car out

you could have a dye in the paint ball , specially for Morans ...

hey this sounds like a sport ,, a comfy chair , a few beers , a sniper type paint ball gun and four morans trying to push a car out of a 5 ft hole in the beach

Sod the world cup rugby this would be much better

Stephen

No . hang on I thought of a better one ... shooting Nick smith ,,,, anywhere any time ,,, ( with paint balls of course ,,,,)

DarkLord
1st January 2011, 21:45
Hehehe. Dumbasses.

Good on you for getting the shot of them stuck there as well!

ynot slow
2nd January 2011, 20:56
Hehe,much like watching a guy with his bikes and quad moto-x bike on a trailer back in Hawera at Waihi beach,a good area for years used by all people,he said to the kids try riding the quad on the flat,get used to it etc,smart arse kids went down the track to the beach,hooned along,nearly took out a couple fishing,a horse rider,and myself.They stopped and the guy whose quad it was added don't ride accross the stream(about low tide barely a trickle)but the dork went by doing donuts etc,then blasted accross the stream only to totally lose it as the wheels aquaplaned,much like the old skim boards used to with usuall resulting off.

skinman
3rd January 2011, 13:27
yep that is one deep hole, o for awesome. Does look a lot like Baileys Beach near Kai-iwi Lakes but I guess most West Coast beaches look like that

Latte
3rd January 2011, 14:20
any "day after" pics ?

And what happens to the car long term, ends up hidden under the sand forever?

sunhuntin
3rd January 2011, 14:47
any "day after" pics ?

And what happens to the car long term, ends up hidden under the sand forever?

could be an interesting find for the next kid that decides to dig to china, lol.

im surprised that was south beach, but its been years since i was there.

scumdog
3rd January 2011, 15:02

Standard 21st century stuff John:
"Not my fault"
""Somebody"" should have done something" etc etc

Sadly personal resposibility has gone theway of Brylcreem...