PDA

View Full Version : Riding mates in Auckland

Qkchk
17th June 2005, 16:32
Hiya all,

Just seeing if anyone out there is looking for a riding partner/s in Auckland.. My husband and I go out for a blat at least once a week. It may only be within the metro area or can be to Coromandel etc.. depends on whats on. We both ride sensibily (but not like old ladies either) Any interest?

Drunken Monkey
17th June 2005, 16:37
Hello and welcome.

You merely have to create a thread under 'meetings and events' announcing your intent ride, a destination and meeting place, and I'm sure you will get at least a few people turning up!
Otherwise feel free to watch the thread for any others that have been organised and just turn up, you will be made most welcome!

enigma51
17th June 2005, 16:39
As stated above just start a threat in meetings and events and you should have a few people joining you

bugjuice
17th June 2005, 16:53
a chick riding a busa. bloody good on ya :niceone:

I'm sure there'll be plenty of times to watch your tail lights dissapear. Always rides going on, and if there isn't one to suit, make one up! The summer is more active, but still plenty on over the weekends.. welcome btw ;)

White trash
17th June 2005, 16:53
Welcome to the site, unfortunately, I don't ride particularly sensibly so I'm probably not your prefered company.

Definitely see ya 'round though :niceone:

Edit: Nice bike by the way.

enigma51
17th June 2005, 16:55
Welcome to the site, unfortunately, I don't ride particularly sensibly so I'm probably not your prefered company.

Definitely see ya 'round though :niceone:

Edit: Nice bike by the way.

sensibly ? whats that

White trash
17th June 2005, 16:55
sensibly ? whats that

Apparently, it's what the non Gixxer riding plebs get up to.

enigma51
17th June 2005, 16:56
Apparently, it's what the non Gixxer riding plebs get up to.
How boring!

Drunken Monkey
17th June 2005, 17:00
How boring!

Apparently it always involves 2 wheels. Unless it's a Honda, then it includes a pair of little training wheels as well.

Eyetie
17th June 2005, 17:02
Welcome to the site, I think a few of us may of seen you around, if you have a personalised plate on the Gixxer with your user name.

White trash
17th June 2005, 17:02
Apparently it always involves 2 wheels. Unless it's a Honda, then it includes a pair of little training wheels as well.

Look! Here's DM practicing his bullshit recently.

Sensei
17th June 2005, 17:35
Welcome to KB & excellent to see you own GSXR's nothing more to say :Punk: :niceone: :ride:

Zed
17th June 2005, 17:53
Hiya all,

Just seeing if anyone out there is looking for a riding partner/s in Auckland.. My husband and I go out for a blat at least once a week. It may only be within the metro area or can be to Coromandel etc.. depends on whats on. We both ride sensibily (but not like old ladies either) Any interest?Hi Qkchk, welcome to KB.

I too like to get out for a blat once a week to satisfy the riding thirst, even though I commute to work every day. But gone are the days where a "metro area" ride satisfies me enough, I must hit those *open roads* to fulfil my weekly fix! :yes:

As has been mentioned already, keep a close eye on the Meetings & Events forum and also the Calendar on the homepage. If the weather is dry tomorrow I have posted a ride here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=13249) that you are both more than welcome to attend.

Stick around and enjoy your time here.:finger:

Zed

surfchick
17th June 2005, 18:29
hello!
i'm too much of a beginner to play with you two yet. cause i get nearly blown off the back f my bike at 120...couln't keep up wif your flying machines. already learned that with "LED". he just twists his wrist and is gone...meanwhile i'm changing up and up and up... still might see you round in some of your more mellow moments! :devil2:

Gremlin
17th June 2005, 18:31
yep, I read this too, and thought, woohoo, mebe some riding partners. But then I saw the bike you ride...

Err no, no I don't think I would keep up. :niceone:

enigma51
17th June 2005, 18:33
hello!
i'm too much of a beginner to play with you two yet. cause i get nearly blown off the back f my bike at 120...couln't keep up wif your flying machines. already learned that with "LED". he just twists his wrist and is gone...meanwhile i'm changing up and up and up... still might see you round in some of your more mellow moments! :devil2:
Dont worry about it you are always welcome on a KB ride even if you are "slow" i am slower

Zed
17th June 2005, 19:17
Apparently it always involves 2 wheels. Unless it's a Honda, then it includes a pair of little training wheels as well.What's this about Honda's?? I've owned four excellent ones in a row that never let me down entirely, the one I'm currently riding is super! :yes:

Qkchk
18th June 2005, 10:42
I didn't expect such a huge response! Ive been on other forums and no-one chatted like you lot here - it's great! :Punk:

Thanks for the welcome and the advise about posting in the meetings forum.. typical newbie, just jumps in as soon as she sees a suitable topic instead of sitting back and reading what's on offer :doh: It will take awhile to sort my stuff out but I'll get there (one day)..

To answer some questions; yes I did have my P/plate 'QKCHK' on my hubbys GSXR1000, I was running it in till I got my bike and have now changed it over to the Busa.

Some of you out there think that just because I have big cc's I will leave you behind - if I'm going out with a group I generally ride with everyone else, not bugger off and leave you in the dust. Why ride with others if you gonna leave them behind, what's the point?? The Busa goes just as good @ 240+kph as it does at Auckland Motorway speed (10kph). Don't shy away from big bikes, remember that just because they can pull away at great speeds it doesn't mean they can handle as well as the smaller bikes.. my hubby had a GSX250 demo bike and left me for dead riding out to Piha in the dark. I had a RF900 then and could catch up on the straights but at the corners he kicked my a@#e!

I'm off the bike for a while anyhow, got stitches in my shoulder and can't risk ripping them open. Just remember that sunscreen IS your friend and you don't want to get bad moles!:doctor:

Zed
18th June 2005, 12:22
To answer some questions; yes I did have my P/plate 'QKCHK' on my hubbys GSXR1000, I was running it in till I got my bike and have now changed it over to the Busa.Any reason why hubby didn't run-in his own bike? You're onto it!

Don't shy away from big bikes, remember that just because they can pull away at great speeds it doesn't mean they can handle as well as the smaller bikes.. my hubby had a GSX250 demo bike and left me for dead riding out to Piha in the dark. I had a RF900 then and could catch up on the straights but at the corners he kicked my a@#e! I agree to a point, but big bikes can get in & out of twisties pretty quickly indeed, you just need to know and control the weight of the bike. I would find it difficult to go back to riding a 250 in any case, I've got the *hp & torque bug* you see...:yes:

I'm off the bike for a while anyhow, got stitches in my shoulder and can't risk ripping them open. Just remember that sunscreen IS your friend and you don't want to get bad moles!:doctor:I'm just glad you didn't say the stitches were the result of a bin!

Hey I met a guy last weekend who was riding a brand new red '05 Busa, asian chap riding with the BMW group up north. He said he was still running it in, I thought riding with the BMW group was an excellent choice to do a run-in ride on lol. He said he would like to go on a KB ride with us sometime when his 1300 was 'ready' for it! :Punk: Looked the same as the attached colour scheme but had decals of course.

Question: What does that Japanese symbol on the side fairings & in your avatar mean/say?

Qkchk
19th June 2005, 11:18
The 'Kanji' (Hayabusa symbol on side of bike) is supposedly translated to 'very fast' in japanese.... The Hayabusa was named after the like-named native hawk in Japan. Story goes that the designer of the bike was walking down the beach one day and saw a Hayabusa in mid-flight (meant to be one fast little hawk) and so the story goes on.... I think the name Hayabusa is related to the bullet trains too... [Funny things is, that the little Hayabusa hawks' favorite meal is BLACKBIRD... hehehe how ironic is that!? Maybe a fact that Suzuki wanted people to know about the 'busa and the CBR Blackbird??

The red busa as shown in the pic is the '05 Limited edition model. Black frame and red all over. Take it or leave it... it's an aquired taste.

Zed
19th June 2005, 12:53
The 'Kanji' (Hayabusa symbol on side of bike) is supposedly translated to 'very fast' in japanese.... The Hayabusa was named after the like-named native hawk in Japan. Story goes that the designer of the bike was walking down the beach one day and saw a Hayabusa in mid-flight (meant to be one fast little hawk) and so the story goes on.... I think the name Hayabusa is related to the bullet trains too...As the Germans say "That's very interesting!"

Funny things is, that the little Hayabusa hawks' favorite meal is BLACKBIRD... hehehe how ironic is that!? Maybe a fact that Suzuki wanted people to know about the 'busa and the CBR Blackbird??O well, at least Honda made the original copy 'Bird machine that ruled the roads for 2 years before Suzooki (http://www.suzukicycles.org/GSX-R-series/GSX1300R-Hayabusa.shtml)caught up! (Blackbird first released in 1997, Hayabusa followed in 1999 and took over as the world's fastest production motorcycle in it's class, of course they both left behind the big ZZR1100 from Kawasaki)

The red busa as shown in the pic is the '05 Limited edition model. Black frame and red all over. Take it or leave it... it's an aquired taste.I could easily acquire the taste methinks. IMHO the Busa isn't as sexy as the Blackbird though!! :love:

mv.senna
19th June 2005, 18:56
i'd be keen to head out with you and your mr.

I ride a cbr600, but used to be able to keep up ok with my (ex) mr on his chunderace. Am post relationship and keen to find people who ride similar pace to me (more med pace than slow) as well as meeting new people to go riding with :yes:

Goddess of Goof
6th July 2005, 23:56

I ride a cbr600, but used to be able to keep up ok with my (ex) mr on his chunderace. Am post relationship and keen to find people who ride similar pace to me (more med pace than slow) as well as meeting new people to go riding with :yes:

'ello 'ello 'ello then - I notice that MV-senna is in Herne Bay, and Qkchck is in Central Auckland....... I live city side also, and would love to meet up and go for a ride next fine Saturday, Sunday or similar. Coffee at Benediction 1st??? cafe on St Benedicts Street, Newton ...

I'm on a Suzy RF 400 - and I ride slow as a Friday afternoon; have been known to sprint off on a speed fix occasionally when I sense Mr Plod is otherwise engaged - probly giving one of our guys a ticket heheh :devil2:

Nah I'm more of a medium paced rider, and careful on the urban roads. Too many totally spaced out cage drivers in Ak at present.

Qkchk
24th August 2005, 16:05

Hey sorry I haven't got back to you - Man, still trying to find broken links and past postings!! GUILTY :no: Same goes "Goddess of Goof"
I haven't forgotten you guys..

Yeah give a yell when youre keen - I'm a bit more stretched for time now, hubbys got a new boat and I love fishing as much as riding!! DILEMMA!!

ManDownUnder
26th August 2005, 16:49
Hey sorry I haven't got back to you - Man, still trying to find broken links and past postings!! GUILTY :no: Same goes "Goddess of Goof"
I haven't forgotten you guys..

Yeah give a yell when youre keen - I'm a bit more stretched for time now, hubbys got a new boat and I love fishing as much as riding!! DILEMMA!!

bikes AND fishing *drool...*

Qkchk
30th August 2005, 16:44
I think I've spotted you on the road around Kumeu ManDownUnder, mad bugger on the RF. Havn't you got a suit that looks like a skeleton or something? Or maybe its your helmet...???

ManDownUnder
30th August 2005, 16:51
I think I've spotted you on the road around Kumeu ManDownUnder, mad bugger on the RF. Havn't you got a suit that looks like a skeleton or something? Or maybe its your helmet...???

Helmet is a Cirus (pic below) same colour as that one... and I wear black and grey a go carting suits to keep me warm/dry (over leathers etc of course)

Givi Hard Luggage high mounted on the back...

Yeah that's me.

I try not to be a mad bugger, I tend to toodle rather than race

Sparky Bills
30th August 2005, 16:59
Welcome to the site.
Sorry bout the whole suzuki thing :devil2:

justsomeguy
30th August 2005, 17:07
Remember that last big ride to Kaiaua you were on??

We have rides like that almost every weekend.

See you around:ride:

Zed
30th August 2005, 17:52
Yeah that's me.

I try not to be a mad bugger, I tend to toodle rather than raceOh c'mon MDU, fess up! I recall you riding like an absolute nutcase behind me on a certain State Highway not so long ago...um...wait a min...what does that make me then? :scratch:

ManDownUnder
30th August 2005, 18:09
Oh c'mon MDU, fess up! I recall you riding like an absolute nutcase behind me on a certain State Highway not so long ago...um...wait a min...what does that make me then? :scratch:

Yeah good call - I gotta admit I surprised myself that day - and had an absolute blast... we must have hit !20kph on a couple of strecthes there before changing into 3rd...) :ride:

Maybe I should focus on the "tend to toodle" - that way I can give my wife grief about speeding and be less of a hypocrite?!?

Keystone19
30th August 2005, 18:39
Hey QkChk.

You went past me today going up the passing lane after Brighams Creek Road. I pulled over to let you go by and then turned right onto the Riverhead road.

Qkchk
10th September 2005, 20:49
Hey yeah, so I did :) Hehehe you always wonder if the fellow biker is a KB member or not............. Was on my way to work...

CBR97
16th October 2005, 01:20
i too like to have a weekly blat, or daily , or hourly, and sometimes when im sleeping, i dream of riding my blade. :niceone:

Phenoix
16th October 2005, 07:55
Give me a month an I'll be keen for a weekly ride.
Living in the city gets to be a pain, so a ride after works good.
Coffee down St Bendicts st sound good if anyones keen, I can hobble down there :)

buellbabe
7th December 2005, 14:13
Some of you out there think that just because I have big cc's I will leave you behind - if I'm going out with a group I generally ride with everyone else, not bugger off and leave you in the dust. Why ride with others if you gonna leave them behind, what's the point??
:

Ditto Qkchk, I ride with a mixture of HOGs and GSXs... so long as the speed varies I'm ok with whatever... my hands go numb at a constant speed of 115 or below True!

wraith
29th December 2005, 06:09
Just give us a yell or P.M. and i am sure we can arrange something. I am new to this forum as well.:done:

Unit
1st January 2006, 09:34
Hey chicks. Havent been on KB for a while so just playing catch up. Met Qkchk the other day, great to meet you. If any of you ladies are up here in the north over the holiday break give me a pm and we can catch up for a ride, or just a coffee, there's plenty of that at my place. Im on the look out for rides with other ladies and if that means coming down to Akld, well, buggar, just more riding I say. Im with quickchick on the big bike thing. When I ride with others, thats exactly what I like to do, ride with them. I enjoy following because then I truely feel like Im riding with a group, and I learn stuff by following others lines:2thumbsup