PDA

View Full Version : Christchurch Members

matthewt
4th December 2003, 09:07
If any riders from ChCh want to hook up over the Xmas/New Years break I'll be there for 3 weeks on holiday.

I'm looking at doing a few rides to Diamond Harbour/Akaroa and probably at least one loop to Greymouth via Arthur's and Lewis Pass.

I'm in ChCh from 20-dec to 10-jan.

onearmedbandit
4th December 2003, 17:46
Well now, I'm off from about the 24th through to the 5th, so seeing as I've just got my new bike, well new to me, a 97 GSXR750, I'll be more than keen.  A few of my mates could be keen as well, GSXR11, ZXR750, VTR1000, ZX6R to name a few.  We all know the local rides, Akaroa and so on, effing brilliant stretches of roads. 

So if you can handle my riding style (check my screen name :shit:) then we'll catch up.

matthewt
4th December 2003, 19:44
Sounds good, I'll pm you with my ChCh phone numbers soon and we can hook up once I'm there. I grew up in ChCh but it's been at least 10 years since I've done any of the main rides so I'm looking forward to it. What part are you from ?? I'll be staying with my parents (or in-laws) in Linwood for the whole time.

onearmedbandit
4th December 2003, 20:32
Okay, now I can get into the forums.  Check you r pm, I sent you a message, you'll understand what I'm on about.  I'm living in St Albans now, Cranford St.  I put my e-mail address in the pm, so let me know when you get to town. 

BTW, sweet ride.:2thumbsup

onearmedbandit
13th December 2003, 22:59
Got your e-mail.

diss1dent
21st December 2003, 21:34
Hey guys.

I'd be keen to tag along; depending on just how fast you guys intend on riding!

Don't get me wrong; I didn't buy a bike for economy :cool: I give it stick on the straights ( well as much stick as a 250 can ) but my corners are still very timid. But hey its a learning curve eh.

I know all the roads you're talking about; Have you guys been to Ashley Gorge? A real nice ride there too; no-where near as twisty as Akaroa, a lot less traffic and less 5-0, which has gotta be good!

BTW, Matthewt - that is a mean bike.

onearmedbandit
27th December 2003, 21:34
I've got to give matt a call, pm me if you're keen to hook up for a ride.

LB
5th January 2004, 18:44
If any riders from ChCh want to hook up over the Xmas/New Years break I'll be there for 3 weeks on holiday.

I'm looking at doing a few rides to Diamond Harbour/Akaroa and probably at least one loop to Greymouth via Arthur's and Lewis Pass.

I'm in ChCh from 20-dec to 10-jan.

Hi Matt. Hope you're having fun down there in the 30+ degree heat.......

Stephen Cross on the Guzzi Cali was down in Chch for four days, he did some riding round Akaroa and the Peninsula. I forgot to tell him you were down there sorry.

Stephen Y had running repairs to do to his exhaust system in the Wairarapa on Sunday - I'm trying to tell him it's all pointing to him needing to place an order for the new R1!

Catch you at Ruapuna the weekend after next. Looking fwd to seeing the new jacket.

texas4468
31st January 2006, 17:22
hi yall just lookin for fellow riders to go for legal speed :killingme ride when possible im a local christchurch and now have to wait for the march hare rally b4 i go on a longer trip also if you are lookin at heading to the march and feel like grouping up the more the better np cheers

onearmedbandit
31st January 2006, 21:02
texas4468, welcome to the site. I'd be keen to hook up sometime. BTW, post a new thread in meetings/events section because a lot of riders won't see this.

Sniper
1st February 2006, 06:53
Welcome Tex. Yep, always a few of us up for a ride. Let us know.

TygerTung
5th February 2006, 13:26
If anyone feels like going for a ride at any time give me a text 027 4288 726, my names sam, I only have a CG125 so it's shit on straights, but fairly alright around the hills as they are quite twisty.