PDA

View Full Version : Help please about mystery camera box!

Chaos_Warrior
11th January 2011, 15:03
Well, it has been a while since i last posted on KB due to the Christmas break and all that, did manage to get away to a few places over the holidays on my newly aquired baby which was awesome ! :woohoo:
Anyway, on with the help plea.
I had ventured out earlier today, after a conversation with Grant from Cyclespot to find a thoroughly nice young man called Mark who owns the firm Kolorinnkustoms, who deal with all things paint related, who was totally reasonable and extremely helpful so Mark if you ever get to read this " thank you " :niceone: and too anyone else who reads this and is needing help with all things paint related, Mark's your guy ! :2thumbsup
Anyway, on the way back i was travelling down Maxwelton Drive, Mairangi Bay when i went past a speed indicator box which suspiciously looked like what used to be a camera box that had now been adapted into a speed indicator box. :facepalm:
Now i am not going to incriminate myself by posting in public why i need information about the said device :sherlock: but does anyone know whether it is indeed a camera or a speed indicator box? :innocent:
Any help or information on this matter would be most appreciated, thanks.
Regards,
Chaos. :devil2:

Berries
11th January 2011, 18:06
All the ones I have seen purely show the speed of the approaching vehicle, no camera attached. That's not to say it isn't possible though.....

scumdog
11th January 2011, 18:09
To fry your 'nads and stop ya breeding more dumb-asses.

crazyhorse
11th January 2011, 19:03
nope! no idea :psst:

Chaos_Warrior
11th January 2011, 19:44
All the ones I have seen purely show the speed of the approaching vehicle, no camera attached. That's not to say it isn't possible though.....

Thanks for that Berries.
Regards,

rastuscat
12th January 2011, 20:23
It captures the soul of all those that ask it's purpose.

Um, did you ask it's purpose?

Whoops.
:eek:

p.dath
13th January 2011, 13:27
I've found those speed indicators wildly inaccurate at measuring my bikes speed, with variances of up to 20km/h.

As a simple test, try doing a simple weave at 50km/h and see how dig a difference in the speed readings you can get.

Mully Clown
13th January 2011, 22:58
I've found those speed indicators wildly inaccurate at measuring my bikes speed, with variances of up to 20km/h.
"But officer, the speed sign down the road said my speedo was optimistic. There is no way I was actually doing 120kph.

rastuscat
14th January 2011, 16:37
If it's a speed detect/display unit, here's a funny story.

In about 1998 or so there was one in North Shore City. We had a speed complaint for Sunnynook Road, between Link Drive and Target Road. We put the speed trailer there.

Then we set up a radar trap just down the road.

Sure enough, a car of young blokes, trying to max out the speed trailer, careered into the speed trap at speed over 100 km/h.

Game, set and match.

Stupid is as stupid does.

rastuscat
14th January 2011, 16:41
And before I hear you cry "entrapment"...........

Entrapment is when you cause someone to do something they would not otherwise have done. We did not cause the excess speed, we just used a speed trailer the way it was supposed to be used.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entrapment

But we backed it up with kahunas.

Chaos_Warrior
14th January 2011, 17:13
Ha ha ! Cool replies thanks guys, I guess I can sleep at night now, I was only slightly on the wayward side anyway :msn-wink:
Regards.

Gremlin
14th January 2011, 17:26
Game, set and match.

:killingme

Can I cry entrapment anyway? I have no idea why... I just think you're expecting it.

FJRider
14th January 2011, 17:29
If it's a speed detect/display unit, here's a funny story.

In about 1998 or so there was one in North Shore City. We had a speed complaint for Sunnynook Road, between Link Drive and Target Road. We put the speed trailer there.

Then we set up a radar trap just down the road.

Sure enough, a car of young blokes, trying to max out the speed trailer, careered into the speed trap at speed over 100 km/h.

Did they die ... ???????

rastuscat
14th January 2011, 18:02
Did they die ... ???????

Only of shame.........

Thing is, my personal driveway was between the trailer and the speed trap. They went over the crest of a hill, and past my personal driveway at 100 km/h.

The satisfaction was like weeing yourself in dark pants............I got a really warm feeling but nobody else knew.

FJRider
14th January 2011, 18:15
Only of shame.........

Thing is, my personal driveway was between the trailer and the speed trap. They went over the crest of a hill, and past my personal driveway at 100 km/h.

The satisfaction was like weeing yourself in dark pants............I got a really warm feeling but nobody else knew.

I know the feeling .... you stand on your OWN foot to stop yourself smiling ....

and I am getting the idea that people that speed are NOT dying .... laws MUST be introduced to ensure this does not continue ... belief in goverment policy must be upheld ...

rastuscat
14th January 2011, 18:17
The greater good.

The greater good.

The greater good.

Donuts.

Deano
14th January 2011, 18:29

As a simple test, try doing a simple weave at 50km/h and see how dig a difference in the speed readings you can get.

Fuck me - whenever I go through they flash "slow now".....so I gather I am going slow now ?

Sweet as carry on !

Deano
14th January 2011, 18:33
Only of shame.........

I guess it beats running down the drive and throwing a brick through their windscreen eh ? LOL

Nice to have the resources to set the trailer and trap up in your street !! :msn-wink:

FJRider
14th January 2011, 18:35
Fuck me - whenever I go through they flash "slow now".....so I gather I am going slow now ?

Sweet as carry on !

I'm so slow ... it flashes ... has he gone yet ????