PDA

View Full Version : License checking at Meremere?

racefactory
13th January 2011, 20:00
G'day guys, do they check your license at Meremere? Taking my duc down there soon but on a restricted license, hoping they don't give me any trouble.

Also my reg is on hold... do they check for that? Got a wof.

Cheers! Hopefully meet a few of you guys down at the strip.

FJRider
13th January 2011, 20:09
The event there is not on any PUBLIC road .... and unless a RACE licence is required ... ???

Check conditions of entry ... on the entry form ... or call the organisers and ask ...

racefactory
13th January 2011, 20:20
I was hoping someone here knows (which they will).

Just gloves and helmet or any other requirements? Are they quite picky about full leathers or anything? I hope they aren't too picky about license and rego etc.

Crazy Steve
13th January 2011, 20:27
I was hoping someone here knows (which they will).

Just gloves and helmet or any other requirements? Are they picky about full leathers or anything?

They arn't worried about full licence dude they just want a licence..

I won the night drags last year wore my leather jacket/draggin jeans gloves etc..

I have seen people on bikes going down the strip in sand shoes and normal jeans...

The rules say anything less than 11 seconds your supose to be in zip together leathers..But ive done a high 9sec and wasn't wearing any..

They are just looking out for idiots..

Goodluck when you go..

Crazy Steve.

racefactory
13th January 2011, 20:31
Thanks man exactly what I was looking for. What about rego???

probably just going to be wearing cordura with boots.

Goal is just to break into high 10's... been practicing quite a few launches on the back roads. Have a problem with butt sliding back in seat but maybe that's just normal and doesn't have any effect on front end coming up.