PDA

View Full Version : Safe as a church ... carpark

FJRider
14th January 2011, 15:53
Deaths on New Zealand roads are a common occurance ... and has led to calls from various groups, to make the roads safer. Rebuild or redesign ... and it's usually a Coroner that makes the initial request. The recent call for lap belts on quad bikes from one ... seems to only make you wonder on the qualifications they have, to make these calls.
Nowhere does it seem to imply ... infer ... or openly state ... that the possible cause of the "problem" is/was human error. Somebody fucked-up ... somebody died .... cause and result.

Of past deaths on roads ... now people (kid's) are dying in church car-parks ... for Gods sake ??? (pun intended) ... now its been declared it's the car-parks fault.

But they "may" charge the Church ... and the drivers involved ... in the future ... ??? if no changes or improvements are made to the car-park ...

Here's the link ... thoughts anyone ...

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/mp/8646683/carpark-redesign-urged-after-children-killed/

steve_t
14th January 2011, 16:13
Why God? Why are you killing your own congregation?!

The coroner should recommend all 4WD and people movers have reversing cameras installed rather than changing the carpark. Charge the f'n church? That's so retarded!

Owl
14th January 2011, 16:15
They dropped off a number of kids, yet there were 4 adults still in the vehicle.

Who the fuck was looking after the kids?:facepalm:

HappyGOriding
14th January 2011, 16:18
How many kids plus four adults can you fit in a four wheel drive anyway ?

cbfb
14th January 2011, 19:38
Constable Wolfgang Haist said children or objects close to such vehicles could be hidden from view due to their high ground clearance.

I've always maintained that 4x4s and SUVs give poor visibility for drivers and block visibility for other road users. God knows why people want them in the first place, they cost a shitload to run and drive like interisland ferries.

SURE if you need one for a valid reason (i.e. actually using it offroad, having 7 kids etc) it's understandable, but one woman told me once she had to have a Prado so she could drive her son to rugby. Apparently walking to the edge of the pitch from the car park was just too much :weird:

bsasuper
14th January 2011, 19:49
People who buy 4x4, and people movers asume it comes with a licence to not have to give way, ever:weird:

EJK
14th January 2011, 19:54
Why focus on "church"? It happens everywhere.

cbfb
14th January 2011, 19:59
People who buy 4x4, and people movers asume it comes with a licence to not have to give way, ever:weird:

Yeah they have an attitude that people will have to get out of the way cause their vehicle is bigger... Yeah right, if you cause an accident you'll be fronting up regardless of whether you drive a wee nanna car or a V8 9.2L BlueBridge Ute.

Not saying all 4x4 drivers are like that but they're about. A big macho thing I guess, compensation for something or other. I drive a Barina so damn sure I'm not compensating for anything lol.

The only time I have come very very close to being severely injured on a bike was in Ireland when a guy pulled out on me in a SUV with his family. I braked so hard there was smoke and a screeching noise, stopped a few feet from him, he had also slammed the anchors on. To this day I have no idea how I didn't T-bone him. Guess what the cunt does - stops and sees if I'm OK? Nah just drives off without even LOOKING at me. Was too shaken to get the plate :(

Toaster
14th January 2011, 20:00

Typical weak attempt at finding something newsworthy.

Kids get bowled in private drives regularly.

PrincessBandit
14th January 2011, 21:55
Yes, but a church carpark is "fresh meat" for the feeding frenzy.

See above. You're right Cam, the setting makes it more "sensational" than the common garden driveway.

Fatt Max
14th January 2011, 22:09
You had me at hello.....

Berries
14th January 2011, 22:47

But twice ? Love to see the layout of said car park (probably a cross).

You had me at hello.....
Shameless ?

kinger
15th January 2011, 15:53
Down to unsupervised kids in my opinion.
They aren't fully aware of hazards yet, and are probably deaf from the bass blasting out of Daddy's sub woofer.

JimO
15th January 2011, 16:29

i have had 8 4x4s still manage to stop at compulsory stops and give way to people, funnily enough most bad drivers i see either drive cars or ride motorbikes

FJRider
15th January 2011, 17:17
i have had 8 4x4s still manage to stop at compulsory stops and give way to people, funnily enough most bad drivers i see either drive cars or ride motorbikes

You obviously have the wrong attitude to be on THIS site .... please adjust your thinking ... :msn-wink:

Banditbandit
18th January 2011, 12:18
I've always maintained that 4x4s and SUVs give poor visibility for drivers and block visibility for other road users. God knows why people want them in the first place, they cost a shitload to run and drive like interisland ferries.

SURE if you need one for a valid reason (i.e. actually using it offroad, having 7 kids etc) it's understandable, but one woman told me once she had to have a Prado so she could drive her son to rugby. Apparently walking to the edge of the pitch from the car park was just too much :weird:

Hmmm . some people say motorcycles are dangerous and why would people want one ? There's no "valid" reason for riding around on two wheels .. lots of justifications .. but no valid reasons ...

cbfb
18th January 2011, 12:45
Hmmm . some people say motorcycles are dangerous and why would people want one ? There's no "valid" reason for riding around on two wheels .. lots of justifications .. but no valid reasons ...

True. Just from personal experience high vehicles block visibility for both drivers and other road users, so the less of them around the better. There are some other considerations too, this is an interesting article (http://www.expertguide.com.au/news/article.aspx?ID=325).

But yeah you could make a case for anything being unnecessary and dangerous.

avgas
18th January 2011, 13:02
No point in charging the church. They have no money.

Charging God is where the coin is at.

blackdog
18th January 2011, 13:10
Thank God I'm an atheist.

FJRider
18th January 2011, 13:13

Charging God is where the coin is at.

He hasn't returned my calls in the past ...

steve_t
18th January 2011, 13:48

I think Brian Tamaki disagrees with you :msn-wink:

Banditbandit
19th January 2011, 14:18
I think Brian Tamaki disagrees with you :msn-wink:

yeah ... well he's a disagreable prick ..

Usarka
19th January 2011, 14:32
Was it a catholic church? God was probably just saving the kids from being fiddled by the priest.

JimO
19th January 2011, 16:16
the carpark is a carpark, the person driving the car has ultimate responsibilaty along with the parents