PDA

View Full Version : Got my bike (Maakz)

Maakz
16th January 2011, 00:55
I know ima get bagged for this by someone but i don't give a rats. Sorted out my first bike purchase today...nice lil Hyo-bag Gv250 '09' model. Choked upon noting the totals after getting fully kitted out good qual gear and insurance, but hey, needs must. Just hide the VISA like only a female can, thats the plan anyways. I get it Thurs and intend to ride to my lil newb hearts content. Think i'm a fool in love...sigh...:niceone:

davebullet
16th January 2011, 07:13
Good on you and welcome to the fold. :niceone:

You can never spend enough money on quality gear that will save your skin and possibly your life.

You wil now lose sleep waiting for Thursday :msn-wink:

Enjoy your new bike. Hyosungs are a great value for money machine and a great way to start learning.

Just remember to take it easy when you start. Short trips and if you haven't ridden much before - use the time between now and Thursday to scout out dis-used car parks. It's so much better learning without having onlookers on the back of your mind!

Also keep to short sessions on the bike. I found when learning I tired quickly (concentrating on too much).

Enjoy, post pics of your new ride and keep us posted!

The Baron
16th January 2011, 08:17
Forget about the money - now the fun begins..........

Good on ya.

White trash
16th January 2011, 08:48
Good on ya. The GV250 is the best cruiser on the market in the learner market. Best power, cornering clearance and brakes.

Gibbo89
16th January 2011, 09:10
Welcome, that Hyosung you have is not a bad bike at all, yeah there are some 'baggers' of Hyosungs but you'll get that with anything.

Enjoy the bike. Like mentioned above, just start off by riding to the nearest empty car park and practice there, if your nervous about getting the bike to the car park get a mate or parent with a bike license to drive it for you to the car park where you can get some practice in.

Also, show us ya pics! :eek:

Maakz
16th January 2011, 14:57
Heya, yep am losing sleep already hahaha...counting down the hours literally...Thurs is my mantra. Over the moon, and very grateful to have this site-community to seek guidance, input, and comraderie from. Def gonna keep the rides short and limited to round the block/empty car park stuff for a wee while. Kiwi Biker search engines my best friend at the mo, as are self help DVDs and webbies. Luckily we have an empty lot just up the road, aswell as some low density traffic roads to practice on. Will throw up some pics when she gets here and keep peops posted with how things go with progress...promise to find the humour in my undoubtedly silly and probably multiple newb faux pas! :eek:

blackdog
16th January 2011, 15:45
Good on ya. The GV250 is the best cruiser on the market in the learner market. Best power, cornering clearance and brakes.

wot 'e said:)

add: bang for bucks

JimO
16th January 2011, 15:50
well done most of us older riders would have learned to ride on far crappier bikes than that

supa.m
16th January 2011, 19:04
well done most of us older riders would have learned to ride on far crappier bikes than that

Thats for sure, I would have saved a few engine 'modifications' and probably a couple of 'offs' if the first bike I owned was up to the same spec as your new ride!! Congrats on the purchase!!!!!

The Everlasting
23rd January 2011, 15:56
Congrats on the purchase,the gv250 is a great looking bike!

Maakz
23rd January 2011, 21:03
Thanx, i think so too!

The Everlasting
27th January 2011, 20:11
Been on any rides yet?

Maakz
30th January 2011, 17:20
As luck would have it, no chance-work and weather permitting, just blatting round the vacant lot next to me practicing like a looney. I am the bringer of much mirth and laughter to my bloody nosy community. Contemplating plucking up the courage to blatt around Rewa, but early morning sesh, soz as to beat the crazies that haunt the roadways of my area. No 'official 'ride outs. I'm both chicken and aspirant. Will keep ya posted, hopefully i'll be feeling plucky enough to do some real riding...:baby:

Maakz
31st January 2011, 08:55
Took an early morning ride round Rewa and it was glorious. Few dicks on the roads but hey, world aint perfect and this chica is locked and loaded. Too bad the weathers so grim out these ways.

The Everlasting
31st January 2011, 15:34
Good onya,keep riding,and you will get more confidant.

phill-k
31st January 2011, 15:43
welcome and enjoy your ride

Hyosung the New Harley Davidson - as many loath em as lov em!!:yes:

Fatt Max
3rd February 2011, 19:33
Good onya mate

I have a GV250, it serves me great especially as I am a fat bastard. I have no intention of upgrading cos it does the job (and I'm fucked if I am paying any MORE levies)

I have taken it around the Coromandel and to Taupo and back, no worries.

Its a great bike for commuting as well, steady on the road, cheap to run and easy to service.

Enjoy but stay safe

Maakz
3rd February 2011, 22:29
Thanks ELTNG & PK & FM
I like my bike and the ride-am staying safe and being mindful out there. Can't wait to do a decent run when my confidence is up. Guess, tis all a matter of preference for people...love em or loathe, no doubt there are alot of em out there now.
Hangin out for the weekend, pray the weathers fine.