PDA

View Full Version : Initiatives a council can take - should they claim to be a creative hub

cheshirecat
17th January 2011, 19:26
Bearing in maind the 3600 sigs, and growing, may be causing a certian council to consider it's actions more careflully - what initiatives could a creative council take.
I've done a lot of riding through traffic on my time. 140,000 km in london over three years. I'm not an expert but did gain a bit of knowledge.

I don't consider MC parking a big deal for a council - there shouldn't be any problems letting bikes park on the pavement providing they don't cause an obstruction. A few PC complaints, who were prob anti bike anyway, have caused it all. A lot of Euro places do this really well with far greater conjestion issues. Welly isn't that big a place - small town really. It doesnt need one way systems, they only cause greater conjestion, not less. Oh replace as many lights as pos with roundabouts - they keep the traffic flowing. I mean how many lights are there along the waterfront. Rant rant - oops.

Bikes can help a town for obvious reasons and of course with an earthquake comming up then all those off road bikes will be mighty useful.

Do you see car drivers helping each other out in the way we do?

We can have a small area for riding/driving practice. Lanes, junctions etc. These are extremelly useful and great for gaining confidence for cars and bikes and well, any road user.

We can help car drivers increase their awareness - in a nice way. We know far more about corners, vehicle maintenance, tyres, road surfaces etc. AND give people a bit of fun.

This should be the year for pulling back the PC, H&S brigade.

Motocycles should be part of the solution NOT the problem if W is truely a creative center, which after watching the Xmas parade I strongly doubt.

Any more thoughts?

BMWST?
17th January 2011, 19:33
Bearing in maind the 3600 sigs, and growing, may be causing a certian council to consider it's actions more careflully - what initiatives could a creative council take.
I've done a lot of riding through traffic on my time. 140,000 km in london over three years. I'm not an expert but did gain a bit of knowledge.

I don't consider MC parking a big deal for a council - there shouldn't be any problems letting bikes park on the pavement providing they don't cause an obstruction. A few PC complaints, who were prob anti bike anyway, have caused it all. A lot of Euro places do this really well with far greater conjestion issues. Welly isn't that big a place - small town really. It doesnt need one way systems, they only cause greater conjestion, not less. Oh replace as many lights as pos with roundabouts - they keep the traffic flowing. I mean how many lights are there along the waterfront. Rant rant - oops.

Bikes can help a town for obvious reasons and of course with an earthquake comming up then all those off road bikes will be mighty useful.

Do you see car drivers helping each other out in the way we do?

We can have a small area for riding/driving practice. Lanes, junctions etc. These are extremelly useful and great for gaining confidence for cars and bikes and well, any road user.

We can help car drivers increase their awareness - in a nice way. We know far more about corners, vehicle maintenance, tyres, road surfaces etc. AND give people a bit of fun.

This should be the year for pulling back the PC, H&S brigade.

Motocycles should be part of the solution NOT the problem if W is truely a creative center, which after watching the Xmas parade I strongly doubt.

Any more thoughts?

keep motorbikes and scooters of the footpath unless they are truly completely out of the way.

Swoop
20th January 2011, 14:16
may be causing a certian council to consider it's actions more careflully - what initiatives could a creative council take.
Any council tends to forget what the reason is that they exist. They are there to "enable" "assist" "provide" "enhance" (add endless positives here) and not "hinder" progress or development.

Motorcycle parking is one of the easiest things they have to deal with. Simply use up all the smaller spaces to provide parking for their constituents and visitors to their cities.

It is not rocket science, but it would be closer to the costs involved with building a rocket + launchpad + space station, that the retarded fuckwits waste each year with their incompetence.