PDA

View Full Version : SideCar "Have a go day"

CM2005
21st January 2011, 17:28
While i was at Taupo for the TRRS, i heard some mention of a sidecar have a go day sometime in the first half of this year. A mate of mine and i are thinking about racing a sidecar, and wanted to have a look around a maybe a crack on the side of a chair to get a feel of wether or not we want to do it.

Anyone know if/when this will go ahead?

Josh

Kickaha
21st January 2011, 17:55
Possibly in mid may

White trash
21st January 2011, 20:21
While i was at Taupo for the TRRS, i heard some mention of a sidecar have a go day sometime in the first half of this year. A mate of mine and i are thinking about racing a sidecar, and wanted to have a look around a maybe a crack on the side of a chair to get a feel of wether or not we want to do it.

Anyone know if/when this will go ahead?

Josh

If you are thinking about doing it, just do it. No need to try.

It'll be the most fun you can have with your pants on.

prettybillie
22nd January 2011, 21:05
If you are thinking about doing it, just do it. No need to try.

It's more fun that having your pants off too baaaaaaahahahahahaha

Tony.OK
23rd January 2011, 08:42

You need some better lovin gurl :bleh: Ya been hangin round those scruffy 3 wheeler dudes for too long :drinkup:

Kickaha
23rd January 2011, 08:53
You need some better lovin gurl :bleh: Ya been hangin round those scruffy 3 wheeler dudes for too long :drinkup:

As opposed to hanging around with gay Honda riders?

crazyhorse
23rd January 2011, 09:04
Sounds like a blast :niceone:

Tony.OK
23rd January 2011, 09:19
As opposed to hanging around with gay Honda riders?

No Honda in my shed, only my car now which is pretty close to what you ride aint it:msn-wink:

Nah will be keen as to get to the next "have a go day", don't have many ambitions but to have a go at that is right near the top of the list:niceone:

Shaun
23rd January 2011, 09:29

You not been TRAINED properlly then I guess

Kickaha
23rd January 2011, 09:32
No Honda in my shed, only my car now which is pretty close to what you ride aint it:msn-wink:

Good try, I've got more than one bike though

Nah will be keen as to get to the next "have a go day", don't have many ambitions but to have a go at that is right near the top of the list:niceone:

Once a date is confirmed it'll be posted up

CM2005
23rd January 2011, 14:02
Once a date is confirmed it'll be posted up

cheers mate

Duke girl
26th January 2011, 17:36

Yeah but u can get two for the price of 1 with those guys....... Double trouble....... sounds exciting!!!!!!!!!

Katman
26th January 2011, 18:08

Those sidecar guys will have his pants off in no time.

Kickaha
26th January 2011, 19:35
Those sidecar guys will have his pants off in no time.

I'll be quite happy to recommend a team for you to go out with, I'll even shout you the ride and give them special instructions "to be gentle with you"

racer40
26th January 2011, 19:44
To CM2005 & others the have a go day is on May 1st at Taupo old track, from 9.30 till 3pm. We will also be trying to get anyone who has any sidecars or sidecar stuff for sale to bring it along. PM me if you want, Chris

White trash
27th January 2011, 07:59
I'll be quite happy to recommend a team for you to go out with, I'll even shout you the ride and give them special instructions "to be gentle with you"

Reminds me of Divo's last words to me before I went out at Puke' on his old rig, "Which collar bone would you prefer broken, left or right?" Me..."Ummmm......"

Kickaha
27th January 2011, 19:11
Reminds me of Divo's last words to me before I went out at Puke' on his old rig, "Which collar bone would you prefer broken, left or right?" Me..."Ummmm......"

The correct answer would have been "none"

The new rig is so much better

I guess I better book time off for May 1st and get some ferry tickets booked

racer40
27th January 2011, 20:40
will be good to see you here kick

burtsidecar16
27th January 2011, 22:05
it will be good to see anyone that would like to have a go and we might even be able to convince a couple of those 2 wheeler guys to buy a sidecar it would be good to see more out there

CM2005
27th January 2011, 22:06
cheers chris - i'll make sure i get leave sorted too. Exciting!

Kickaha
28th January 2011, 05:30
it would be good to see more out there

Having the existing ones actually turn up for meetings would be a good start :bleh:

sidecar bob
30th January 2011, 21:41
Having the existing ones actually turn up for meetings would be a good start :bleh:

Having expierenced swingers actually manage to maintain similar lap times to the machine would be conducive to better racing too:clap:.

Kickaha
30th January 2011, 22:03
Having experienced swingers actually manage to maintain similar lap times to the machine would be conducive to better racing too:clap:.

I don't reckon my lap time wouldn't have been to far off it but I didn't have a transponder on me when I crossed the line :motu:

Spectators I spoke to liked the show I put on

Foxzee
31st January 2011, 20:05
Sounds like my Birthday present will be exciting....once I let all know what I'm doing for it now!....but.....

Now I just need a gentle rider to get the swing on with......:shit:

Kickaha
31st January 2011, 20:08
Now I just need a gentle rider to get the swing on with......:shit:

I'd recommend Scrivy on the Hayabusa outfit because he rides like a pussy

Foxzee
31st January 2011, 20:12
I'd recommend Scrivy on the Hayabusa outfit because he rides like a pussy

Damn...shit!..I forgot to mention good looking as well....but hey I have the best tinted visor that makes anything look attractive!:facepalm::love:

Kickaha
31st January 2011, 20:43
Damn...shit!..I forgot to mention good looking as well....

Ok that's Scrivy out then, only complete blindness could make him look good

Foxzee
31st January 2011, 21:18
Ok that's Scrivy out then, only complete blindness could make him look good

WELL...I wanna go again...youth failing me but I can still swing....who's up?:shit:

Tony.OK
1st February 2011, 00:09
WELL...I wanna go again...youth failing me but I can still swing....who's up?:shit:

Oh god................so many inappropriate answers............must........ bite............ tongue :shutup:

wharfy
1st February 2011, 07:14
Oh god................so many inappropriate answers............must........ bite............ tongue :shutup:

Well done that man !

Ronin
1st February 2011, 07:41

Chicken :yes:

Tony.OK
1st February 2011, 08:57
Chicken :yes:

I prefer "coward" :innocent:

Girls scare me :o

Ronin
1st February 2011, 09:02
I prefer "coward" :innocent:

Girls scare me :o

I live with her. She scares me more. :innocent:

Drew
2nd February 2011, 16:12
Damn...shit!..I forgot to mention good looking as well....but hey I have the best tinted visor that makes anything look attractive!:facepalm::love:

I fit the bill then!

Foxzee
3rd February 2011, 21:16
I fit the bill then!

I didn't say it was shatter proof!.....:love:

Hehehehe!

Tony.OK
4th February 2011, 22:35
Ah the gods have been good this year.

Its the wifes birthday on Sat 31st April and we have been shouted 2 nights at the Boulevard Lodge in Taupo so will be looking for something to do on the 1st......:innocent:

What better gift than to see ya hubby gettin thrown off the side of a motor chair racer.............................hope she likes it hahaa :facepalm:

Kickaha
5th February 2011, 08:43
What better gift than to see ya hubby gettin thrown off the side of a motor chair racer.............................hope she likes it hahaa :facepalm:

I would say having a ride on one herself

Contrary to popular belief no one tries to throw anyone off, normally the swinger pays a beer fine if they come off, at a have a go day the rider pays if they loose one

skilly035
11th February 2011, 15:59
I don't reckon my lap time wouldn't have been to far off it but I didn't have a transponder on me when I crossed the line :motu:

Spectators I spoke to liked the show I put on

Made me forget how much pain I was in! Could tell it was gonna hurt! But yes, at least you crossed the finish line!

scrivy
20th April 2011, 19:32
I guess I better get some fairy tickets ........

You already have a closet full of them Kick!!!

scrivy
20th April 2011, 19:34
May 1st from 9:30 - 3:00 at the old Taupo circuit (Track 3)
$10 for 3 laps.

Shirts will be on sale also.

Biggles08
20th April 2011, 20:01
I would say having a ride on one herself

Contrary to popular belief no one tries to throw anyone off, normally the swinger pays a beer fine if they come off, at a have a go day the rider pays if they loose one

If I was on the side...I'm sure you would be happy to shout the beer! :facepalm:

Tony.OK
20th April 2011, 20:44
$10 for 3 laps.

Whats on the shirts sir?

Souther flags
20th April 2011, 22:08
after reading the above words .It could be BLOOD Just kidding It is a good sport . PLEASE dont braek anyone

Tony.OK
20th April 2011, 22:12
after reading the above words .It could be BLOOD Just kidding It is a good sport . PLEASE dont braek anyone

Oh I was thinking an oil stain perhaps :innocent:

scrivy
21st April 2011, 14:56
Whats on the shirts sir?

The oil flag........... :facepalm::shutup:

sidecar bob
21st April 2011, 16:37
Im working furiously to get an old BMW road sidecar ready to take, so people that are too chicken to go on an outfit can have a rip around too, but mainly so the little dudes dont miss out.
Im hoping we can run that one for free for the kids whos mum or dad had a go on a race sidecar.

scrivy
21st April 2011, 16:39
Im working furiously to get an old BMW road sidecar ready to take...

If you worked peacefully, you'd get more done............

DEATH_INC.
21st April 2011, 16:57
$10 for 3 laps.

Sweeeeet. What gear do we need?

Kickaha
21st April 2011, 20:55
If I was on the side...I'm sure you would be happy to shout the beer! :facepalm:

Quite possibly but I know you're to much of a pussy to give it a try

If you go out with Scrivy he'd let you go naked except for a helmet

old rig
22nd April 2011, 02:53

WHAT YOU FEEL HAPPY TO GET ON THE SIDE WITH I WOULD START WITH NUTS :innocent:

old rig
22nd April 2011, 02:54
Quite possibly but I know you're to much of a pussy to give it a try

If you go out with Scrivy he'd let you go naked except for a helmet

THAT WOULD BE A PURPLE HELMET:facepalm:

DEATH_INC.
23rd April 2011, 19:00
WHAT YOU FEEL HAPPY TO GET ON THE SIDE WITH I WOULD START WITH NUTS :innocent:
I have a lack of marbles, will that do instead?

THAT WOULD BE A PURPLE HELMET:facepalm:
Sweet, anyone lend me a purple helmet? :blink:
There should be 3 of us coming down to give it a bash :shit:

Drew
23rd April 2011, 19:05
Sweet, anyone lend me a purple helmet? :blink:
There should be 3 of us coming down to give it a bash :shit:

Fuckin choice! See ya there bro.

prettybillie
23rd April 2011, 19:08
Fuckin choice! See ya there bro.

Don't forget everyone that Bluebell will be parked up on the sideline just waiting for someone to come and buy her and take her home!

jellywrestler
28th April 2011, 09:01
So what's the plan Saturday night prior? Is there camping at the track?
or are people heading to a particular camping ground etc?

nodrog
28th April 2011, 09:17
Im working furiously to get an old BMW road sidecar ready to take, so people that are too chicken to go on an outfit can have a rip around too, but mainly so the little dudes dont miss out.
Im hoping we can run that one for free for the kids whos mum or dad had a go on a race sidecar.

Sweet, that sounds like a bit of me.

scrivy
28th April 2011, 10:57
Yeah Spyda, camping is available at the old circuit on the Saturday night.

skilly035
28th April 2011, 12:12
I'm taking all my spare gear for people to use...but you have to be small..
Jo is bringing old leathers too

Drew
28th April 2011, 13:41

Wanna pick Leanne's outfit up from in Taupo and take it to the track for me on Saturday if you're there anyway?

Mental Trousers
28th April 2011, 13:49
I wanna know if there's anyone from Hamilton going.

Drew
28th April 2011, 14:02
I wanna know if there's anyone from Hamilton going.

Chip in for gas and Jody and I will bring the car down form Aulkland instead of the bike and pick you up.

Mental Trousers
28th April 2011, 14:11
Chip in for gas and Jody and I will bring the car down form Aulkland instead of the bike and pick you up.

Sounds like a plan. I'm in.

Kickaha
28th April 2011, 14:16

I'm staying anywhere you aren't , my snoring is bad but you could be heard form the next town

Drew
28th April 2011, 14:19
Sounds like a plan. I'm in.
Choice. PM me a phone number and I'll give you a tinkle on Saturday.

Stickchick
28th April 2011, 15:28
Chip in for gas and Jody and I will bring the car down from Auckland instead of the bike and pick you up.

Do I get a say in this? MT scares me a little :shutup:

Drew
28th April 2011, 15:46
Do I get a say in this? MT scares me a little :shutup:

He's good like that. As long as you feed him with a shovel or long fork, he wont bite.

Quasievil
28th April 2011, 16:18
Im Coming !!!
Cant fucking wait to have a crack

anyone riding down from Hamilton?

Mental Trousers
28th April 2011, 16:48
He's good like that. As long as you feed him with a shovel or long fork, he wont bite.

Steak, Eggs and Chips with Onion Gravy and I'll be your best friend.

Im Coming !!!
Cant fucking wait to have a crack

anyone riding down from Hamilton?

No road bike au. Taking the 450 would fuck a perfectly good pair of slicks.

racer40
28th April 2011, 16:58
We have a club BBQ on sat at 4pm, followed by prizegiving at 6 then AGM all over at the old part of the track, Then on sun riders breif 8.30ish on track from around 9 till 3 rain or shine. Should be about 20 sidecars inc some classic outfits plus some for sale, if anyone has anything to do with sidecars ie engines, wheels, brakes, old frames etc bring them along.

jellywrestler
28th April 2011, 18:53
I'm taking all my spare gear for people to use...but you have to be small..
Jo is bringing old leathers too
cool, i'm starting fasting; after dinner so may fit...

jellywrestler
28th April 2011, 18:55
Wanna pick Leanne's outfit up from in Taupo and take it to the track for me on Saturday if you're there anyway?
bike's got no towbar sorry

racer40
28th April 2011, 20:04
I've got some spare leathers that will fit you Spyda, forgot to mention camping available at old track sat nite,

prettybillie
30th April 2011, 16:07
Sadly enough, Bluebell is not going to make it to the Have a Go day. Don't forget everyone, she's still for sale. Everyone have an awesome day though!!!!!

jrandom
30th April 2011, 16:38
Mean maori mean. I don't have to work tomorrow after all.

This should be entertaining.

Drew
30th April 2011, 16:41
It will indeed.

jrandom
30th April 2011, 16:50
It will indeed.

*wrinkles nose*

I'll see what mood I'm in in the morning.

Deano
30th April 2011, 16:57
*wrinkles nose*

I'll see what mood I'm in in the morning.

you guys could car pool, share costs like...:facepalm:

jrandom
30th April 2011, 17:01
you guys could car pool, share costs like...:facepalm:

No more pooling!

:pinch:

Drew
30th April 2011, 17:11
No more pooling!

:pinch:

It's common knowledge that no one is as clever as you, so not surprisingly I don't get it.:blink:

And you just broke your no smiley rule.

jrandom
30th April 2011, 17:14
And you just broke your no smiley rule.

Rules are made to be broken bro. And that is my favourite smiley.

saul
30th April 2011, 20:06
Couple of us going from tga:love::scooter: Had a great time down there a couple of years ago. Sadly my partner naughty:love: can't go but am looking fwd to it:yes:

jrandom
1st May 2011, 08:42
No, I'm not in the mood for it today.

Have fun out there, chaps!

Tony.OK
1st May 2011, 14:15
Went along and "had a go" on our last day of holiday in Taup's, pretty good turn out and lots of people out for a squirt.
Was my 1st time on a chair and was surprised how quickly I ran out of grip, even at the moderate pace we ran at. Went out twice, once on #77(kwaka I think) and the other time on Stacey's pink 6hundy rig, enjoyed it alot but I think I prefer 2 wheels and being in control :blink:

Was good to have a chat with Chris Lawrance too, would've stayed longer but her indoors was a tad cold and bored.

Thanks for a great time guys...........was great to see kids and allsorts getting out for a go :yes:

prettybillie
1st May 2011, 19:38
Was told it was an awesome day and a really good turn out. Good on the organisers!!!

Mental Trousers
1st May 2011, 19:45
Had great fun. I tried a long, a short and a classic. All different and all made me smile. Good day.

scrivy
1st May 2011, 20:15
Well done to all the teams that took out the public, their friends, family and their sponsors!!!

Only one 'off' for the day that I heard of..........and he was passengering on his own sidecar.................... :shit::facepalm::shutup::gob:
Won't say any more about that................

Awesome turnout, and I even got to take Drew for a sedate one.......................... although, thanks dude, but I won't swap with you next time...............

Mental Trousers
1st May 2011, 20:22
Sounds like we almost got a keg out of you scrivy. There was plenty of arm waving going on at one point.

prettybillie
1st May 2011, 20:31
Awesome turnout, and I even got to take Drew for a sedate one.......................... although, thanks dude, but I won't swap with you next time...............

Drew did tell me that he thinks Sidecar Bob is a fucken legend......you must have scared him a little bit ha

sidecar bob
1st May 2011, 20:35
Sounds like we almost got a keg out of you scrivy. There was plenty of arm waving going on at one point.

I believe Scrivys passenger in the demonstration of racing, was Drew off here.
I was down at the other track test piloting a TR750 for a bike builder & came back to find a strange man on the outfit with Scrivy & discovered that he was apparently encouraged to wave his arm about every time the wheel came off the ground.
He did that & did bloody well too!!

Mental Trousers
1st May 2011, 21:51
I got a ride there and back with Drew and heard all about it. He reckoned he was hanging on by his finger tips and could see a keg in his future but somehow Scrivy failed to lose him. Me and Drew would've happily stayed to help knock off a keg.

Funny thing is that was his first time on the side - ever. In borrowed gear too.

old rig
1st May 2011, 22:19
Well done to all the teams that took out the public, their friends, family and their sponsors!!!

Only one 'off' for the day that I heard of..........and he was passengering on his own sidecar.................... :shit::facepalm::shutup::gob:
Won't say any more about that................

the other big news for the day was as i heard some one was seen havin a ride on a LONG CHAIR can't name any names
won't say any more about that .....................

scrivy
1st May 2011, 22:27
He reckoned he was hanging on by his finger tips and could see a keg in his future but somehow Scrivy failed to lose him. Me and Drew would've happily stayed to help knock off a keg.
Funny thing is that was his first time on the side - ever. In borrowed gear too.

Ever seen how short Drews fingers are.......??

I tried dude - I reallyyyyyyyyyyyyy tried..............:innocent:
But his wrists were just too strong..................... What's up with that????? :love:

First time???? He told me he'd try ANYTHING once............ :shutup:

scrivy
1st May 2011, 22:28
the other big news for the day was as i heard some one was seen havin a ride on a LONG CHAIR can't name any names

Musta been gay then...................

Was it Kick???

Did it 2 point?? Did it get sideways???

DEATH_INC.
2nd May 2011, 08:42
Well, have a new level of respect for you mad f*ckers, managed almost 3 laps before arm pump stole all the grip from my hands and I Sorta rolled up into a woosey little ball in the bottom of the chair.:nya:
But it was fun :blink:
Thanks for putting it on guys( and girls too)

skilly035
2nd May 2011, 09:03
It was good to get back on the track with a female. Huge difference! Lady handles! I could reach

EB255GTX
2nd May 2011, 09:51
Did this go ahead? Photos? Likely to happen again anytime?

EDIT: Oops thought i was on the last page of the thread.....duh sorry haven't been here long!

So is this sort of thing likely to happen again? I'd be keen

sidecar bob
2nd May 2011, 09:53
Well, have a new level of respect for you mad f*ckers, managed almost 3 laps before arm pump stole all the grip from my hands and I Sorta rolled up into a woosey little ball in the bottom of the chair.:nya:
But it was fun :blink:
Thanks for putting it on guys( and girls too)

Who did you go out with? or what number/ colour?

sidecar bob
2nd May 2011, 09:55
It was good to get back on the track with a female. Huge difference! Lady handles! I could reach

Apparently Jo isint giving up her seat that easily. It will be a best out of three, jelly wrestling tournament before you get a permanent ride on Pinky, from what i hear.

one-speed
2nd May 2011, 09:58
Thanks Scrivy and Sidecar Bob :)

Mental Trousers
2nd May 2011, 10:02
Did this go ahead? Photos? Likely to happen again anytime?

EDIT: Oops thought i was on the last page of the thread.....duh sorry haven't been here long!

So is this sort of thing likely to happen again? I'd be keen

Once a year after the AGM. So you're out of luck for about 12 months.

DEATH_INC.
2nd May 2011, 11:10
The one whom shall remain nameless that bailed off his own rig.....and stupidly enough I went out with him straight after....

sidecar bob
2nd May 2011, 11:34
The one whom shall remain nameless that bailed off his own rig.....and stupidly enough I went out with him straight after....

Oh . . . You mean Des James on Number 50?
That was such a crack up, Trace & I went for a quick fang on the Pink bike together & on our way back down pit lane we were behind Sponge Bob on Des' outfit, with no passenger.
When Bob stopped, Burt asked him how he liked it, Bob said, yeah sweet, its great, so wheres your passenger then? Shit we laughed.
There was a bit of panic while a few people circulated looking for a non sidecar racer lying hurt in the grass. All we could find was Des hitch hiking from the hairpin & it didnt make sense at first.

skilly035
Apparently Jo isint giving up her seat that easily. It will be a best out of three, jelly wrestling tournament before you get a permanent ride on Pinky, from what i hear.

Haha I wouldn't expect her to at all. They are doing really well!! I just need to find another female with balls...
I'll wait till Jo isn't broken before we wrestle.. we could put on a good fight lol

scrivy

:facepalm: Geezuz. You're supposed to learn from others mistakes......

scrivy
2nd May 2011, 11:36
I just need to find another female with balls...

There's always Darren Pate................... :shutup::innocent::love:

Kickaha
2nd May 2011, 13:44
Went out twice, once on #77(kwaka I think) and the other time on Stacey's pink 6hundy rig, enjoyed it alot but I think I prefer 2 wheels and being in control :blink:

#77 is indeed Kwaka powered and ridden by "Old Rig" and it's Tracey on "Pinky"

I have a photo which will be put up at some stage

I hope that is naked jelly wrestling

skilly035
2nd May 2011, 13:44

I dunno who he is..
Or she..

Mental Trousers
2nd May 2011, 15:01
So I did all of 9 laps yesterday and I'm a write off today :facepalm:

Read about it (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/entry.php/2065-Sidecars-quot-Have-a-Go-quot-Day)

skilly035
2nd May 2011, 15:56
So I did all of 9 laps yesterday and I'm a write off today :facepalm:

Read about it (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/entry.php/2065-Sidecars-quot-Have-a-Go-quot-Day)

Don't worry, I get it too. This is my 4th year..
Only rode on 5 sidecars yesterday (inc the demonstration with Tracey) and I'm screwed!
I think I know who you were.. I came and had a chat to you after your ride with Will on the Triumph. Lady on the side is Julie. :yes:

Mental Trousers
2nd May 2011, 16:01
Ta for that Max.

I don't think I did get to chat to you unless I'm mistaken. I'm 5'11, 100kgs Maori guy wearing glasses. If I did get to chat to you I didn't realize.

skilly035
2nd May 2011, 16:04
Ta for that Max.

I don't think I did get to chat to you unless I'm mistaken. I'm 5'11, 100kgs Maori guy wearing glasses. If I did get to chat to you I didn't realize.

Yeah I think you are mistaken..
I don't think there were many others with that description!

Mental Trousers
2nd May 2011, 16:07
Haha. True. I didn't realize. I guess I was too busy giggling and shit cos it was just too much fun :)

White trash
2nd May 2011, 16:13
Ta for that Max.

What he means is he is one ugly SOB and can't imagine a hot young thing like you wanting to be anywhere near him Max.

skilly035
2nd May 2011, 16:14
Haha. True. I didn't realize. I guess I was too busy giggling and shit cos it was just too much fun :)

I still get like a child at Christmas time!
I count down till the next time I can get out.
It's my other drug!

Mental Trousers
2nd May 2011, 16:48
What he means is he is one ugly SOB and can't imagine a hot young thing like you wanting to be anywhere near him Max.

.... but standing next to Jimmy I'm farken gorgeous :)

After having a go you're double hard for getting on one of those things with someone whose never raced one before Max. Hopefully Jay learnt something.

skilly035
2nd May 2011, 16:57

After having a go you're double hard for getting on one of those things with someone whose never raced one before Max. Hopefully Jay learnt something.

I had and still have complete faith in him.
It's a team thing, if you can't trust someone don't do it!
I'm harder because I experienced it.
I thank Kick for falling off the next day as I witnessed it and he made me forget the pain I was in!!

I can't believe how easily the public just jumped on with anyone yesterday lol.

racer40
2nd May 2011, 17:03
Thanks for all the positive comments on the day. It was in fact our mechanic & part time racer Ash who took you out mentaltrousers, just to hard on the same riders to keep going all day, glad you all had a good time &see you next time. one new sidecar team brought a bike just prior to the day & hope to be ready for our first race meeting, & one has been leased out to a couple of young guys for the coming season, still a couple of beginner bikes avalable 4 sale, 1 for $4000 & 1 for $5000 & could see some of you guys there on Sunday getting into that. Chris

Mental Trousers
2nd May 2011, 17:12
... still a couple of beginner bikes avalable 4 sale, 1 for $4000 & 1 for $5000 & could see some of you guys there on Sunday getting into that. Chris

That's damn cheap. I'd be divorced if I bought a sidecar though :facepalm:

I didn't see anything like that advertised on Sunday, only the more expensive ones. Maybe I wasn't looking close enough but the way people were grinning when they got off an outfit someone would've bought one then and there if it was parked with a sign saying "$4000 it's yours!!"

Tony.OK
2nd May 2011, 17:32
#77 is indeed Kwaka powered and ridden by "Old Rig" and it's Tracey on "Pinky"

Oops.....I'm lucky to remember my own name half the time. Sorta like forgetting to put gas in :innocent: Was hard case to get the "full" chair experience, feet out the back so another rig could push us home :2thumbsup

racer40
2nd May 2011, 18:05
Hey mental trousers i just read your report on have a go day, would be good if you could send to our newsletter ed for printing j.bilby@xtra.co.nz Thanks

jellywrestler
2nd May 2011, 19:11
jelly wrestling tournament before you get a permanent ride on Pinky, from what i hear.

when and where, I'm in of course...

Drew
2nd May 2011, 19:12
Ever seen how short Drews fingers are.......??

I tried dude - I reallyyyyyyyyyyyyy tried..............:innocent:
But his wrists were just too strong..................... What's up with that????? :love:

First time???? He told me he'd try ANYTHING once............ :shutup:

Ya wouldn't have needed to try fuck all harder bro. I was so close to coming off round the right onto the straight TWICE.

Highlight of the ride would have to be when the drive wheel was off the ground though!

jellywrestler
2nd May 2011, 19:16
I hope that is naked jelly wrestling
even betterer!

my ride home was shit, Desert road had a high wind warning which I found OK but from the Waiouru it was bad, blowing hard from both ways, parked the bike at a mates place just south of Taihape and took the train home.
Before ya all call me a pussy a couple of years ago i was blown off my bike twice in two months so a bit gun shy on that front.
Top job by the NZSRA, there were a lot of people walking around with smiles that big I thought they were going to swallow their ears!

centaurus
2nd May 2011, 23:19
A big THANKS to the organisers for yesterday's event! This was the fist one I've been on and I enjoyed it enormously.

I got to ride quite a fe sidecars from different clases yesterday. I even got a ride with Scrivvy (no. 7) in the morning before his brakes cooked and he gave me a taste of "sidecar racing", lifting the left wheel off the ground in each left hander and sliding the righthand wheels in the only right hander.

I was really impressed, however, to see that everybody got their pleasure no matter what the speed preference. There were quite a few parents taking their kids on the sidecar with them and I think there was only one "off" the whole day, when the guy slid off the sidecar and no injuries.

Kickaha
3rd May 2011, 08:10
I think there was only one "off" the whole day, when the guy slid off the sidecar and no injuries.

The guy who came off was actually the owner of the sidecar he was swinging on and the guy riding it didn't even notice until he got back to the pits and was asked where his passenger was

DEATH_INC.
3rd May 2011, 11:17
Oh . . . You mean Des James on Number 50?

Yup..........

DEATH_INC.
3rd May 2011, 11:40
Has anyone got Des's contact info, I need it for a mate....I got it off him on sunday but then like a retard managed to delete it off my phone. Pm me if ya can help, cheers.

scrivy
3rd May 2011, 11:46
PM sent :yes:

scrivy
3rd May 2011, 11:48
The guy who came off was actually the owner of the sidecar he was swinging on and the guy riding it didn't even notice until he got back to the pits and was asked where his passenger was

At least he had a go at swinging....... :shutup:

Even Jo had a turn - and she had a damaged arm to start with.................... :yes:

I'm beginning to think you are soft after all Kick........ :woohoo::violin:

Mental Trousers
3rd May 2011, 12:03

Even Jo had a turn - and she had a damaged arm to start with.................... :yes:

Kick had better not stand next to Max cos she'll make him look really soft. She got a bit messed up riding with Jay and she's back for more and loving it.

sidecar bob
3rd May 2011, 12:18

Which reminds me, we forgot to give you a go on the side!!
Yes people, Guess who the most feeble swinger in the world is. None other than the same bloke that is the hardest rider on a swinger, of all time.
Scrivy is truly hopeless on the side & you could throw him up the road on his arse before you got out of pit lane.
All have a goers, take note, you are all without exception, better passengers than the guy that has been more times NZ sidecar champ than anyone else.

scrivy
3rd May 2011, 13:44
Well there is that................

BUT......

I'm smart enough to know when to say NO!!!

scrivy
3rd May 2011, 13:46
The funny thing is.......

Most people left with so much adrenaline running through their veins, but with so much arm pump, that they couldn't go home and spank their monkey from the excitement, even if they wanted to.............. :facepalm::shutup::yes::love:

Max Headroom
3rd May 2011, 16:57
The funny thing is.......

Most people left with so much adrenaline running through their veins, but with so much arm pump, that they couldn't go home and spank their monkey from the excitement, even if they wanted to.............. :facepalm::shutup::yes::love:

Ain't that the truth!!!

I went on #95 with Nev. I only did one session, and I felt like I was cast. He couldn't change gear at one point because my foot was so firmly wedged beside the gear lever while bracing myself. I was over it after the first lap TBH. Don't know how you guys do it, but I'm sure I came close to killing us a few times 'cos i just couldn't move, partly due to the force of the wind and partly due to my deathgrip on those handles . . .

The lovely Mrs Headroom on the other hand is an adrenaline junkie, and she went out three times, twice with Tracy and once with Nev. She couldn't get enough, and is now looking forward to the next opportunity!

DEATH_INC.
3rd May 2011, 18:01
Bloody chicks showed us all up I think, Draco went out 3 times, on the long chair, then the pink girls one, and even on the old classic too. Mad.

jellywrestler
3rd May 2011, 18:05
better passengers than the guy that has been more times NZ sidecar champ than anyone else.
Shit, I didn't even see Gordon Skilton there!

old rig
3rd May 2011, 18:34

MUST HAVE BEEN 77 IM SURE :woohoo:

Mental Trousers
3rd May 2011, 18:36
Bloody chicks showed us all up I think, Draco went out 3 times, on the long chair, then the pink girls one, and even on the old classic too. Mad.

She's half your size but twice as hard :facepalm:

Drew
3rd May 2011, 18:41
Kick had better not stand next to Max cos she'll make him look really soft. She got a bit messed up riding with Jay and she's back for more and loving it.
Max been swingin for quite some time bro. She races with her grandad and uncle I think on classics.

Mental Trousers
3rd May 2011, 18:43
Max been swingin for quite some time bro. She races with her grandad and uncle I think on classics.

Fourth year I think she said.

old rig
3rd May 2011, 18:43

YES AND YOU WOULD KNOW cause you can see them when i pass you :yes:

Drew
3rd May 2011, 18:48
Fourth year I think she said.

That's as long as I've been racing, she's a veteran.

old rig
3rd May 2011, 19:01

hay you didn't hav a go at swinging i asked you and then i had a funny smell of urine comin from you and then you walked off whats up with that
SOFTY:facepalm:

scrivy
3rd May 2011, 19:28
hay you didn't hav a go at swinging i asked you and then i had a funny smell of urine comin from you and then you walked off whats up with that
SOFTY:facepalm:

Mate, I'll admit it, I'll NEVER get on a chair with you mad bistards!!!
All you fu@kers would do is try to flick me off!!!

You can stick that dude!!!!!!!
On the other hand............................ you wanna swing on my rig next time????:shutup:

scrivy
3rd May 2011, 19:29
So how come Spyda didn't go for a swing????

jellywrestler
3rd May 2011, 21:39
So how come Spyda didn't go for a swing????
Don't want to catch the bug again.
I'm sorely tempted to buy a classic and ride but just got too much on at the moment...

sidecar bob
4th May 2011, 08:08
I'm sorely tempted to buy a classic and ride but just got too much on at the moment...

Why dont you have a go racing my BMW motorbike with sidecar? after I fix the dropped valve insert of course.
That would be you to a Tee!!

scrivy
4th May 2011, 13:41

You've got a nasty bug and you're sore???
WTF???!!!

Where you been lurking??

Drew
4th May 2011, 17:15
You've got a nasty bug and you're sore???
WTF???!!!

Where you been lurking??

Wasn't he staying at your place not long ago?

In the immortal words of 'Tool'...

"I know the pieces fit..."

jellywrestler
4th May 2011, 18:21
Why dont you have a go racing my BMW motorbike with sidecar? after I fix the dropped valve insert of course.
Fuck off!
The classic Beemer yes, I deliberately stayed clear of a ride as I don't want to get addicted, which I know I could.
Has been in my mind for a while to get on a sidecar again, just got to get through a few backlog of other things to do...
I did do a few laps in the rain on slicks after Manfeild on Dan Stauffers Yamaha R1 superbike, then backed it up with a couple of sessions on friday in the dry.
Much as it was fun I won't be getting into a superbike

jellywrestler
4th May 2011, 18:23
Dropped valve insert??
My Vincent seems to have done that as there's a couple of millimeters valve clearance on one ex valve.
not a twenty minute job to take the heads off either, bugger it all.

skilly035
5th May 2011, 13:00
Which reminds me, we forgot to give you a go on the side!!
Yes people, Guess who the most feeble swinger in the world is. None other than the same bloke that is the hardest rider on a swinger, of all time.
Scrivy is truly hopeless on the side & you could throw him up the road on his arse before you got out of pit lane.
All have a goers, take note, you are all without exception, better passengers than the guy that has been more times NZ sidecar champ than anyone else.

http://www.cemeterycircuit.co.nz/index.php?page=top20
See number one between 51-75 Sidecars.

I wonder if this number one spot will ever change? Or if anyone will ever actually win more than him!
Gordy is my idol!! I am sooo priviledged to be on the side with him.

skilly035
5th May 2011, 13:00
She's half your size but twice as hard :facepalm:

You couldn't be mor correct:woohoo:

sidecar bob
5th May 2011, 15:07
http://www.cemeterycircuit.co.nz/index.php?page=top20
See number one between 51-75 Sidecars.

I wonder if this number one spot will ever change? Or if anyone will ever actually win more than him!
Gordy is my idol!! I am sooo priviledged to be on the side with him.

I stand corrected.
This was a time when the NZ title was decided at one meeting.

skilly035
5th May 2011, 15:29
I stand corrected.
This was a time when the NZ title was decided at one meeting.

Noo.. just an example.
10 times NZ champ. 7 years undefeated for all rounds.
Back in these days number one HAD to go to Australia for ANY competition.

DR Girl
6th May 2011, 18:20
Just found this thread. What a fab time I had on Sun:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: LOVED IT !!!! Something I've always wanted to do since my late teens !! Use to ride my Honda SL125, then MT125 & XL175 from PNth to Cemetery Circuit every Boxing Day in the late 70s. The Sidecar racing was always my fav & I always wanted to swing. Went out twice on the Lawence Bros R1. First time with Ash just getting the hang of it & bugger me so excited pretty much hung the wrong way :facepalm: but 2nd time with ? I GOT IT !!!:yes: AMAZING & some good speed. Had sore right calf LOL & thigh muscle the next day plus shoulders & wrists especially my right one which still bears a plate from a tumble at Onga Trailride a couple years back.

Thank you guys & gals for making it happen & just sorry it was the first time I had ever heard about it. I even had swinging :shutup:(Sidecar) on my Bucket List.

Kickaha
6th May 2011, 18:43
Isn't everyone?:yes:

I thank Kick for falling off the next day as I witnessed it and he made me forget the pain I was in!!
You're welcome

That's damn cheap. I'd be divorced if I bought a sidecar though :facepalm:
Yes but at least you'd have a sidecar

At least I broke something she only got a concussion :whistle:

I'm smart enough to know when to say NO!!!
So am I so go fuck yourself

Mate, I'll admit it, I'll NEVER get on a chair with you mad bistards!!!:
Sounds like a double soft bastard to me

Dropped valve insert??
My Vincent seems to have done that as there's a couple of millimeters valve clearance on one ex valve.
So guess what happened to me about 10am Wednesday as I got to Hawera:facepalm: dropping valve inserts must be catching

scrivy
7th May 2011, 16:17
...must be catching

You stayed the night at Bob's house didn't you?......................:yes:
You'll catch all sorts there..................... :shutup::love:

Did it take ya long to find ya keys from the bowl?????

sidecar bob
8th May 2011, 09:20
You stayed the night at Bob's house didn't you?......................:yes:
You'll catch all sorts there..................... :shutup::love:

Did it take ya long to find ya keys from the bowl?????

Its a basket, not a bowl.
He was a very well behaved guest, & the cat loved him.

scrivy
13th May 2011, 13:33
...and why weren't you out there Kiwifruit???? :woohoo:

Someone told me that they saw you at a cafe............. putting extra mashmellows into your latte............. :love:

scrivy
13th May 2011, 13:34
He was a very well behaved guest, & the cat loved him.

So....... he was getting stray pussy while he was away............

Kickaha
13th May 2011, 19:05
So....... he was getting stray pussy while he was away............

Bob's cat like me more than it likes him, makes me wonder what he does to it in his spare time

Mental Trousers
13th May 2011, 19:33
Was it scared of cellotape by any chance??