PDA

View Full Version : Triumph Sprint ST 1050 - very tidy, lots of extras

EgliHonda
24th January 2011, 10:12
Beautiful bike, only for sale because I’m not using it enough to warrant having it in the shed and I have several other bikes - plus we’re going back to one income as the wife keeps getting herself pregnant…

NZ new, predominantly used on long trips (rallies and my occasional 15km open road commute). Fully serviced and maintained , had 20,000 km service last year and currently on 21,000 kms. New glass mat battery and a host of extras (detailed below).

Read any reviews of these bikes, they are universally excellent - fun to ride solo, great two-up, and awesome tourers. This is a 2006 model and they are essentially unchanged today, which suggests a great design. The Sprint ST was voted 4th best bike of the decade by ‘Motorcyle trader and News’ in the recent 200th collector’s issue, which carries some kudos coming as it did by reader’s choice…

Fully set up for touring, and lots of genuine Triumph accessories. Extras include:

Hard panniers, plus soft Inner pannier bags
Heated grips
Gel seat
Soft tank cover and expandable bag
All bodywork coated in protective film
Tint aero screen
Custom rear rack
After market cans
Hub cover

Fantastic bike, I bought this sight unseen after talking to previous owner and can guarantee purchaser won’t be disappointed. The only fault apart from minor signs of use is a cracked piece of chrome plastic trim, which I just haven’t bothered to replace as it is only a cosmetic issue. I would love to keep it but if you look at the odo reading you can see it getting flatter as the children arrive and I get older and sadder, but I have some other bikes in hiatus which I can work on and enjoy so it makes sense to sell, hopefully to someone who will enjoy it and use it as intended...

Located in Invercargill, happy to deliver to bike shop for pre-purchase check at buyers expense, but I reckon this would be a waste of money having only just had 20k service at local Triumph dealer…