PDA

View Full Version : The Bucket Racing Legend “Dangerous” returns

Kickaha
19th June 2005, 20:19
After having a bad run at the last meeting with a foot peg folding the wrong way and the day shortened up so we only got two races I was feeling a bit sorry for Dangerous and the lack of riding he got in so being the top bloke that I am offered him my bike for the meeting, he was a bit hesitant for a start cause he’s such a soft bastard but continual piss taking and peer pressure lead him to give in and accept the ride

Luckily enough for me Team K14 racing was looking for development rider for their CBR125T as their normal rider had managed to break himself and after some tense last minute negotiations a deal was struck which saw me picking up the bike and shooting off to Diesel Pigs to do a bit of work on it, Dylan was there working on his MB100 Hot Dog and Diesel pig was working on his TZR25/GP100/RG400 reverse cylinder hybrid as well.

A change of fork oil (it had ½ what it should have) and a few bits lock wired and brackets built and the Team K14 CBR125T was looking like it would pass scrutineering at it’s first try, evidence of Team K14’s incompetence at bike building was readily available with the exhaust header clamps having been fitted backwards but this little issue was soon resolved and the bikes loaded up, Dylan had Hot Dog sorted but Diesel Pigs hybrid wasn’t looking good, but they were still working on it when I left

Arriving home I headed into the garage and bolted the carb, foot peg and exhaust bracket on to the GNR140R and then packed up my riding gear and buggered off to play on KB

Got up about 7am and went out to the garage and fitted up the repaired seat and then loaded up the GNR140RR that Dangerous would be riding and then realised I hadn’t put any number boards on the Team K14 bike so I found a few cable ties and a couple of seconds with the drill and it was all done
Loaded up the tools and gear and was all good to go

Headed off to soft cocks, opppss sorry I mean Dangerous place to drag him out of bed and head off out to the track, we arrived at Ruapuna B track and unloaded the bikes and then headed off to sign in and get the bikes scrutineered, which we all breeze through, Diesel Pig turns up with the bad news his Hybrid isn’t going and he’ll be riding the club slut (MB100)

Practice rolls around and we head out on to the track. Team K14s bike is going ok and I slow down and let “Bucket racing Legend Dangerous” pass me and follow him for a bit, he going in a bit tight in the corners and losing corner speed but rapidly coming to grips with the mighty GNR140R,in the mean time both Chris and Kev had managed to fall off and the Club Slut had stopped on Diesel Pig and I was scrapping the foot pegs on pretty much every corner on the track

Race 1

We line up with 18 bikes on the grid and as the flag drops I’m revving the nuts off the CBR125T and I seem to be going backwards as bikes are pulling out to pass I slot in behind Dangerous and Kev into the hairpin and they pull away a bit on the exit I chase him for a few laps getting on the gas earlier and head down arse up from the sweeper through the kink at full noise slowly pulling him in each lap, we catch up to Kev and both of us get past him and then a lap later I make the pass on Dangerous into the hairpin a lap later he comes back at me at the same place and takes me on the inside on the way out and it stays that way to the flag, Dangerous gets a 6th and I come 7th

Race 2 goes even better but Dangerous is off like a rat up a drainpipe and it’s all I can do to keep him in sight, we run down Kev again and set off after Steve, Dangerous gets past him after the hairpin and I’m slowly gaining on him but I have no where enough time to pull him in, the foot pegs digging in are a big limiting factor in keeping the corner speed up even digging in through the fast kink that we take flat in top and I’m loosing out big time due to it, but due to both of us getting better starts and a dnf Dangerous gets a 4th and I finish 6th :yes:

Race 3
And with the points races over I reclaim my bike and demote Dangerous to the Team K14 bike, as we come around the hairpin Mike has decied he's a bit tired and had better have a bit of a rest on the track( well actually he fell on his arse) and was good enought to do it where we could all have a look, we grid up the flag drops and as I nail it both Tony and Neil pull a gap off the line, a couple of others are in front but by the hairpin I’ve slotted into third and pushing hard I pull them in a bit through the fast kink into the hairpin but they’re faster off it and into the next section, Tony decides he cant catch Neil and slows a bit to let me past and then gives chase, I get enough of a gap that he can’t pass me into the hairpin where he is particularly good but I can see his shadow pretty close and hear his bike but he’s cocked it right up and cant get back past me and I beat him to the line for a 2nd place finish :ride:

Pre82 Race
I dive back into the pits and grab Diesel Pigs Black Betty (CBX550) and head off to line back up, up on the front row and as the flag drops go rapidly backwards into 6th, by the time we hit the hairpin I’m back in 4th having passed Diesel Pig who’s riding Leigh’s GS1000 and slot in behind Darryl on his R100 BMW, I can hear Diesel Pig behind me but he’s not getting past, Darryl slows down to have a play and we trade places over the next few laps, I go past him exiting the hairpin and then he out brakes me into the hairpin on the next lap, I go past him up the inside into the right hander exiting the sweeper and he passes me back into the hairpin yet again and he stays in front till the flag.

All in all a bloody great day, with everyone picking up some good results and Dangerous riding bloody well on a strange bike as for the Team K14 bike it shows a lot of potential and a bit more development will see it somewhere up near the front of the pack, and good on the KB support crew with Biff, UTD30, R1 Aaron,TonyB and Manuboy all showing up at different times to check out how the boys are doing

Joni
19th June 2005, 20:27
Sounds like you guys had a good day...
Well done to both you and Dangerous.
:ride:

manuboy
19th June 2005, 20:31
Anybody got a cure for involuntary annorexia? i can't stop throwing up after seeing dangerous in leather.... :no:

Warwick, whats with the RR in the GN140? Ratshit racer? rooted ride? really ridiculous?

best part of the day, a short stint on a brand spankers K4 - would love a few laps round ruapuna on that sucker - jesus what a weapon

gav
19th June 2005, 20:42
And apparently Dangerous doesnt realise that when you leave the track and are driving home, the racings over....but I guess its the fastest he went all day :motu:

dangerous
19th June 2005, 20:44
Big :2thumbsup to Kickaha for the lend of the bike.... cheers man. Ok awesome day heres a few pics, Im on #38 Kickaha on #8 and the bike that everone rides #1
ps: sweet ride ther K14 and ta for the back protector :Punk:

Ms Piggy
19th June 2005, 20:45
Sounds like a great day boys - well done :D

k14
19th June 2005, 20:45
Yeah good day, got a bit cold towards the end. Can't wait till next round, 2 days after I get cast off, i'll be fine :yes:

Here are a couple of piccies:
1.) Dangerous psyching himself up for the first race
2.) Kickaha wondering if he left the oven on at home
3.) Kickaha in practice
4.) Dangerous in practice
5.) Kickaha coming up on some slow lap traffic :rofl:
6.) A honda leading two other crappers

k14
19th June 2005, 20:48
Part 2 :Punk:

1.) The fast boys showing it how its done (1st and 4th are both rs125 framed mb100's)
2.) Some slow guy getting passed
3.) 2nd to last corner, last lap, first race, for some reason dangerous is leading
4.) Dangerous about to get lapped again
5.) A bit of peg scraping
6.) Some slow guy showing the line not to take

dangerous
19th June 2005, 20:49
And apparently Dangerous doesnt realise that when you leave the track and are driving home, the racings over....but I guess its the fastest he went all day :motu:
LMAO.... that was you hanging it out sideways chasing me around the airport? LOL I thought it was some pimple long haired lad in mums Honda car, the old truck hauls ass aye Gav :whistle: They dont call me 'dangerous' for nothing ya know :devil2:

gav
19th June 2005, 20:58
Thats "arse" mate not "ass", yeah driftin' in 4x4's could really take off!

diesel pig
19th June 2005, 21:05
In the last Bucket race I would to point out I did not win on the club slut but on Darryl,s hot RS125 framed mb100. The hardest thing about winning that race was my leg cramping because of the high foot pegs. Cheers!

dangerous
19th June 2005, 21:14
In the last Bucket race I would to point out I did not win on the club slut but on Darryl,s hot RS125 framed mb100. The hardest thing about winning that race was my leg cramping because of the high foot pegs. Cheers!
That be this wee puppy............ not really a bucket a shit tho aye :ride:

diesel pig
19th June 2005, 21:26
Don,t start that shit again I only finished putting that issue to bed in the last newsletter Darryl,s Bucket is OK under the mnz rules and they are the only rules that matter by me

scumdog
20th June 2005, 01:42
Good shit guys - and at least the roads were safer for an hour or two!!

BTW it looks like you guys 'wear' those little bikes rather than ride them :rofl:

dangerous
20th June 2005, 05:59
Don,t start that shit again I only finished putting that issue to bed in the last newsletter Darryl,s Bucket is OK under the mnz rules and they are the only rules that matter by me
Daryl and myself go back a long ways, used to drag my 500 turbo with his BMW 1000 too Queenstown bastard could ride back then bastard can ride now........ my comment was refering to his awesomely presented bike like all his workmanship.... mint :Punk:

diesel pig
20th June 2005, 17:22
Fair enough Dangerous there is no resone why your Bucket can't be has tidy as Darryl,s your just used to kickaha,s and mine,s more relaxed approach to our Buckets looksand by the way I am charging up the battery on your future bucket, she be running in the next day or so :yes:

dangerous
20th June 2005, 23:04
Fair enough Dangerous there is no resone why your Bucket can't be has tidy as Darryl,s your just used to kickaha,s and mine,s more relaxed approach to our Buckets looksand by the way I am charging up the battery on your future bucket , she be running in the next day or so :yes:
huh......i've got a bucket? I'VE GOT A BUCKET?? .......... gee...... awesome LOL sounds like I have a bucket :Punk:

gav
20th June 2005, 23:06
its the club slut!!............................ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Isnt it past your bedtime?

Artifice
21st June 2005, 01:36
agh in the past year since i got the nc30 finished its only been on the trak 2wice.
it thinks i dont lub it enough i guess.
might be right.

dangerous
21st June 2005, 06:10
its the club slut!!............................ :rofl:
Isnt it past your bedtime?
If the dirty bitch will have me :motu: ........ na no chance of that Gav I've done my time on 'that thing' (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=11596) and done well to suvive by the sounds of it, Diesel pig refused to ride it after his 1st or 2nd race Daryl Cotton (RS framed H100) the number one rider went out in the last race on her and nearly high sided twice :nono: he came last after relising 'the slut' would have the best of him.... a brave man :drinkup:

bedtime! yeah too excited too sleep :nya: cant wait :whistle: but Diesel Pig (the KBer not bike) is going to get it running 1st..... big :niceone: to Deisel Pig and his right hand man Kickaha :clap: ........ ohhhhhh what have I done :slap:

dangerous
3rd July 2005, 09:18
Heres some awesome pic's of the day round 2 http://www.sportzfotoz.co.nz/galleryCBearsWSRnd22005buckets.htm

and some of my 1st atempt at round 1
http://www.sportzfotoz.co.nz/galleryCBearsWSRnd12005buckets.htm

(kickaha on #83 dangerous on #1)

k14
3rd July 2005, 13:20
Good one here http://www.sportzfotoz.co.nz/Images/CBMCCWS2005R2/Buckets/DSC_0157.jpg

Honda leading the way, just 1 week to go till next round where once again, honda will show how great their bikes are made and win yet again.

Kickaha
3rd July 2005, 15:41
Good one here http://www.sportzfotoz.co.nz/Images/CBMCCWS2005R2/Buckets/DSC_0157.jpg

Honda leading the way, just 1 week to go till next round where once again, honda will show how great their bikes are made and win yet again.

It might have been leading in that shot but the #83 Suzuki was past it by the end of the race

Maybe a Honda will win again next week, but 1 thing I can guarentee is that it wont be the one you are riding :motu:

dangerous
3rd July 2005, 17:47

Now I'd say that #83 is knee down and about to take #8 on the inside and shut the doors on #88 at the same time....... what a rider :whistle:

speedpro
3rd July 2005, 21:42
Now I'd say that #83 is knee down and about to take #8 on the inside and shut the doors on #88 at the same time....... what a rider :whistle:
ppfffffftttttt

speedpro
3rd July 2005, 21:43
Actually there are plans afoot to move a bit closer to you SI wallys. I can see me and F5 making a few trips south to spread the word of enlightenment.

dangerous
3rd July 2005, 22:04
Actually there are plans afoot to move a bit closer to you SI wallys. I can see me and F5 making a few trips south to spread the word of enlightenment.
Ohhhhhhh hell............. DieselPig Kickaha beter get that cb100 turb up and running compatition is on its way, damn now I'll need a 150 kit for the 125T :Punk:

Bren_chch
3rd July 2005, 22:21
Ohhhhhhh hell............. DieselPig Kickaha beter get that cb100 turb up and running compiation is on its way, damn now I'll need a 150 kit for the 125T :Punk:

ok, now thats cool!!! :Punk:

speedpro
3rd July 2005, 22:26
that is cool, especially the "high-temp red".

Has it been run yet?

dangerous
3rd July 2005, 22:32
that is cool, especially the "high-temp red".

Has it been run yet?
yep...... but has oil pressure problems, either too little or as it is at the moment too much its pumping at crank speed and blows the oil lines off.... gearing somewere in between will be whats needed.
But Diesel Pig has been putting his time into sorting my thing out and his TZR framed GP based RG400 100cc l/c back to frount (intake/exhurst) bucket.... shezzz thats a mouthfull :drinkup:

That turb sends shivers down my back, Diesel Pig.... pick me pick me as test dummy, If I have too Ill pay test rider #1 Leigh to go away :yes: after all I am the only Turbo rated pilot amongest us compleated my time and all :yes:

gav
3rd July 2005, 22:38
:Oi: Dangermouse, theres a world wide embargo on those photos!! You wanting to be waking up with a horses head next to ya? :nono:

Kickaha
4th July 2005, 07:04

Well you might be interested to know that El Presidente has plans on running another Blenheim meeting later in the year.

I think you may find the level of competition has gone up a step a two since your last visit,when if I remember correctly some of those SI wallys cleaned you up

Kickaha
4th July 2005, 07:05
: You wanting to be waking up with a horses head next to ya? :nono:

He'd be used to that with the type of girls that he takes home :yes:

F5 Dave
4th July 2005, 10:30
Well you might be interested to know that El Presidente has plans on running another Blenheim meeting later in the year.

I think you may find the level of competition has gone up a step a two since your last visit,when if I remember correctly some of those SI wallys cleaned you up

Let us know, I'm there. Ok maybe don't pick my wedding, but any other time I'm there.

k14
4th July 2005, 11:58
Can someone please buy that dangerous man a dictionary, I don't have 3 hours to decipher his posts.

nsrpaul
4th July 2005, 15:08

that would be wicked , have been puttin the presure on marty to run some meets as our relationship with the nelson cart club is still in limbo , any ideas when? , could be sure of a big nelson turn out

speedpro
4th July 2005, 15:38
Let us know, I'm there. Ok maybe don't pick my wedding, but any other time I'm there.
What a honeymoon that would be. If he's lucky he wouldn't have the strength to race, if he was lucky. Three of us in the van over on the ferry, share a motel room, bucket racing all weekend, me with a video camera . . .

lucky?? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

F5 Dave
4th July 2005, 16:10
Ah, we've found the auto record button on the digi camera. Only takes 3min vids, but I'm not only fast on the track :love:

diesel pig
4th July 2005, 17:37
Leigh would kill me if I let you have test pilot duties on the CB100turbo.
I mean he was around the other day and saw the wheels were off it. He was pretty chestfallin about it I can tell you :no:

speedpro
4th July 2005, 20:57
Leigh would kill me if I let you have test pilot duties on the CB100turbo.
I mean he was around the other day and saw the wheels were off it. He was pretty chestfallin about it I can tell you :no:

He's gonna be in a bad way when F5 goes past him on the 50 then isn't he.

Kickaha
4th July 2005, 21:25
He's gonna be in a bad way when F5 goes past him on the 50 then isn't he.

F5 didn't have it all his own way when he was down at Blenheim last time

diesel pig
5th July 2005, 22:07
All this reminds me that I must actually call Marty about a meeting at Blenheim
Tomorrow I swear maybe :whistle:

dangerous
6th July 2005, 06:22
All this reminds me that I must actually call Marty about a meeting at Blenheim
Tomorrow I swear maybe :whistle:

On ya 'El Presidente' :not: would be a cart track up there wouldent it?

speedpro
6th July 2005, 08:16
On ya 'El Presidente' :not: would be a cart track up there wouldent it?
Best kart track in NZ award would be a toss up between Blenheim and Kaitoke.

The award goes to Blenheim for the clubrooms, pits, and the older couple that live on site and look after the whole thing, including making yummy bacon and egg sandwiches and running the bar after the meeting.

TonyB
6th July 2005, 08:28
Best kart track in NZ award would be a toss up between Blenheim and Kaitoke.

The award goes to Blenheim for the clubrooms, pits, and the older couple that live on site and look after the whole thing, including making yummy bacon and egg sandwiches and running the bar after the meeting.
What- you mean there isn't a new subdivision near by that's full of tossers who complain about the noise from the track that was there before they built? Shocking!

F5 Dave
6th July 2005, 09:19
What- you mean there isn't a new subdivision near by that's full of tossers who complain about the noise from the track that was there before they built? Shocking!

Probably is, most of them are dead though. No really.

Use it while we have it though.

Kaitoke has been resurfaced in the sections that were a bit rutted & so is even more flowing. But I still vote Blenheim. Hmm kaitoke. . . No the Bacon & Egg sammies have swung it. -& the bar, how progressive!!