PDA

View Full Version : Wayne Gardner compares 600's

zadok
20th June 2005, 00:27
Read the latest 'Rapid Bikes' mag and came across an article with Gardner compares four 600's. Thought it might interest prospective buyers.

Kawasaki ZX-6R 636 - "Definitely my pick in the in terms of style and looks...strong mid-range and top-end...overall I think it gives the rider confidence, but there is plenty of room for improvement."

Suzuki GSX-R600 - "The ugliest bike here. The styling is antiquated and bland. But saying that, the Suzuki is a great little package...engine makes good power...nice chassis too."

Honda CBR600RR - "The best power delivery of the four...smoothest of the four. The front end is fantastic...the rear a little skatey...my favourite of the four."

Yamaha R6 - "Great little bike. It makes strong top-end power, has a smooth engine and is easy to ride."

They all sound like good bikes. I guess it comes down to model preference and pricing.

John
20th June 2005, 00:45
Suzuki GSX-R600 - "The ugliest bike here. The styling is antiquated and bland. But saying that, the Suzuki is a great little package...engine makes good power...nice chassis too."

:rofl::rofl::rofl::clap:

Kickaha
20th June 2005, 09:40
Suzuki GSX-R600 - "The ugliest bike here. The styling is antiquated and bland.

Someone send that to White trash :rofl:

Quasievil
20th June 2005, 09:53
Suzuki GSX-R600 - "The ugliest bike here. The styling is antiquated and bland.

We all know that, I could have told em that for free

Lou Girardin
20th June 2005, 14:52

How could he tell? They all look the same.

Motu
20th June 2005, 15:19
How could he tell? They all look the same.

jeez,you're blind you old fart - can't you tell the colour change from Lisbon Lemon Yellow to Madrid Lemon Yellow or the way the graphics have a different curve on the lower fairing? There is also a change of 2mm in the rim width,but I doubt if you'd pick that up....

Slim
20th June 2005, 16:21
I notice they didn't include the Daytona in that lot (yeah, yeah, I realise it's now a 650!) for fear of overshadowing the same-as-each-other Japanese offerings! :devil2:

White trash
20th June 2005, 16:36

I'm not going to dignify that with a response.......whoops.

zadok
20th June 2005, 16:36
I notice they didn't include the Daytona in that lot (yeah, yeah, I realise it's now a 650!) for fear of overshadowing the same-as-each-other Japanese offerings! :devil2:
It was supposed to be reviewed, but it didn't make it in time for the test. Only'Wazza' tested it and said: "The Triumph produces more power than the others lower in the range, is a solid mid-range performer , but lacks the top-end of the competition. Steering and line holding was almost as good as the Honda. I found that it was a very enjoyable and supersport machine. The 650's real forte is it's usable power at lower rpm and the fact that it is easier to ride than the Japanese bikes"

I particularly like the last comment. Sounds like the goods.

zadok
20th June 2005, 22:46
It was supposed to be reviewed, but it didn't make it in time for the test. Only'Wazza' tested it and said: "The Triumph produces more power than the others lower in the range, is a solid mid-range performer , but lacks the top-end of the competition. Steering and line holding was almost as good as the Honda. I found that it was a very enjoyable and supersport machine. The 650's real forte is it's usable power at lower rpm and the fact that it is easier to ride than the Japanese bikes"

You should like that review, 'Slim'. You're right.

Slim
21st June 2005, 13:07
The 650's real forte is it's usable power at lower rpm and the fact that it is easier to ride than the Japanese bikes"

I can confirm that it is the goods. :D