PDA

View Full Version : Another noob (Jeeves)

Jeeves
31st January 2011, 16:17
Just thought i would say hello. Just done my BHS on Saturday and already itching to ride. Got a 2003 Suzuki GSX and just need the Learner licence which I should get round to doing tomorrow. In the mean time what is the best practice to do in the car-park?

Ryan

Gibbo89
31st January 2011, 17:37
Welcome to KB, watch out for the trolls.

Solid wee bike you chose there. Someone will recommend a place to practice up in Auckland soon enough.

Hiflyer
1st February 2011, 13:36
Just thought i would say hello. Just done my BHS on Saturday and already itching to ride. Got a 2003 Suzuki GSX and just need the Learner licence which I should get round to doing tomorrow. In the mean time what is the best practice to do in the car-park?

Ryan

Where abouts are ya?

I just learned ine a cul de sac next to my house. great practice for u-turns and getting your balance right. If you're close to a shopping mall, head there around 7 and pretend your on a small road. (which you are haha), indicating, and remembering to turn the indicator off, emergency braking is good pratice too, but probably the best idea would be to head over to NASS, if it's feasible to get over to the shore, albany to be exact,

check it out

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/77111-North-Auckland-Street-Skills-NASS

steve_t
1st February 2011, 13:41
Welcome to KB.

Check this out for help with your scratch-and-win

http://drivinginstructor.co.nz/tests.php

:sunny:

p.dath
1st February 2011, 14:21
Once you have your licence, come along to some free training at NASS:
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/wiki/North_Auckland_Street_Skills

The Everlasting
1st February 2011, 14:36
Welcome! :)

Maha
1st February 2011, 15:22
In the mean time what is the best practice to do in the car-park?.....Stoppies.

Jeeves
1st February 2011, 17:26
In the mean time what is the best practice to do in the car-park?.....Stoppies.

Rofl I think I'll keep my vertebrae in proper order for now.

But you guys will defiantly see me at NASS once i have completed my scratchy.
I just glad the RC basic question haven't changed to much from my car licence 6 years ago.
only had 76 new ones for the bike to learn.

Might have my ticket in my hand by the weekend. :woohoo:

Where abouts are ya?
Out in Titirangi can't wait to ride some of the roads out here.

EJK
1st February 2011, 17:55
Welcome to the KiwiBiker Forum! - The home of the experts and geniuses.

Welcome! :sunny:

akkadian
2nd February 2011, 17:34
Good luck buddy. You're gonna have great fun. Agree with the best advice given so far. Learn to stop quickly without dropping it or locking up the wheels. Oh, and it's also helpful to learn hill starts at some stage as continually stalling or rolling backwards into the car behind you is so not cool.

Jeeves
2nd February 2011, 18:58
Got hill starts mostly down. Our driveway is pretty steep so if i want to get anyway i got to do atlease one :blink:

Jeeves
8th February 2011, 18:54
Well the scratch and win was easy now I'm legal :facepalm:

steve_t
8th February 2011, 19:00

Congrats man! Have some bling :woohoo:

Fatt Max
13th February 2011, 06:50
Nice one mate,

Enjoy the bike and all the wisdom that ejacuates forth from within these forums

Actually, these KB folk are tip top good bastards, will always help you out no worries.

Look after yourself out there

Magna83
15th February 2011, 10:17
Congrats on the bike mate and welcome to KB. Really like the 250 GSXers.
I've gotten heaps of help since I joined up. There are some really helpful guys and gals on here that really know their stuff but as the man already said, don't be tempted to feed the trolls; There's a lot of little angry men round here (this thread included) who like nothing more than to troll, flame and insult. Don't be tempted.

Maha
15th February 2011, 10:27

Fantastic stuff Jeeves, BHS now learners?..your steps so far are in the right direction. Wont be long till you are itching to advance quicker just keep taking those steps...one step at a time.