PDA

View Full Version : Two new Guzzis - V7 Scrambler and 1400cc California

nudemetalz
3rd February 2011, 09:27
I like both of them !!
However, the Scrambler could have a better shaped tank..

http://www.fasterandfaster.net/2011/02/2012-moto-guzzi-v7-scrambler-california.html

Corse1
3rd February 2011, 09:42
Wow!! I like both of them. the tank looks fine on the scrambler to me.
At least here is a company that is producing bikes that don't look like they are out of a transformers movie!

I could see myself on one of those scramblers for sure.

The Pastor
3rd February 2011, 11:04
whats the RRP?

martybabe
3rd February 2011, 11:22
The Cali looks nice, I always thought it was a bike with a lot of potential. Mag wheels beefier engine and different to most other things out there. If it has a decent finish and lectrics and a good dollop of grunt, it could be a winner.

nudemetalz
3rd February 2011, 11:23
At this stage, are prototypes, but more likely to get in production than those 3 beautiful concept machines displayed months ago.

The 1400 engine in a sports chassis could be cool.

boman
3rd February 2011, 14:17
I do love the look of the California. I would put one in the garage, as my alternative bike.

cs363
3rd February 2011, 17:44
The California does nothing for me at all, but the Scrambler definitely has a bit of retro cool going on and I even like the shape of the tank!

Only 7 posts and widely differing opinions - just goes to show, different strokes etc. :)

nudemetalz
3rd February 2011, 19:40
Guzzi's are made for people with ...err..."different" tastes...

doc
3rd February 2011, 20:07
Guzzi's are made for people with ...err..."different" tastes...

Freaks ? with character :yes:

Ghost_Bullet
3rd February 2011, 21:50
Freaks ? with character :yes:

Ha, some people hav the ability to talk????

Yea I dont mind these things, the scrambler would be great with a little bigger engine? The cali's engine does look nice, The line of the bike, yea similer but differing. The wheels are kinda cool move from wire.

I wanna see somthing more of those prototypes that were shown a few years back, they were mighty funky.

nudemetalz
3rd February 2011, 22:59

I wanna see somthing more of those prototypes that were shown a few years back, they were mighty funky.

These ones.. :drool:

dangerous
4th February 2011, 05:12
These ones.. :drool: fuging horrible :facepalm:

I like both of them !!
However, the Scrambler could have a better shaped tank..yeah not bad, and the scrambler tank is the same shape MG have had since the mk1, I like it. The Callie's engine looks like Dr Johns big block bastard of a thing.

ps: liking ya siggie man, weird rather than nice LOL

SDU
4th February 2011, 13:32
Like the scrambler but the engine looks like it needs to grow up (just like the new V7) & I hope the forks aren't too spindly for those of us that'll get lead up the garden path:yes: much nicer looking pipes & bike then the trumpy scrambler
The cali doesn't get my vote.

Edbear
4th February 2011, 14:00
I like both of them !!
However, the Scrambler could have a better shaped tank..

http://www.fasterandfaster.net/2011/02/2012-moto-guzzi-v7-scrambler-california.html

Personallly I like the V7 styling but I do prefer the previous/current Cali for looks. I may change my mind if I saw them in the metal though.

I like the V7 Cafe as well, but I'd prefer the cylinder finning to be more traditional, the square look makes the engine seem a bit small.

Dodgyiti
4th February 2011, 14:45
I like the exhaust on the scrambler but you guys are right about the engine- it looks puny. The gas tank is the same as all the classic range and is made from nylon so it should deform nicely with our wonderful fuels:facepalm:
I rode a V7 Classic last year as a demo and boy was it gutless, the front brake is crap as well. They look nice in pictures but go see one in the flesh and they look buget- cheapo looking plastic everywhere.
Guzzi were the first with a retro bike- 1000S and that was a good machine if you got one with the big carb/valve engine, check the prices of them second hand 20 years on and a tidy one goes for more than they were brand new.. doubt these bikes will be that sort of investment.

I am going to build a small block bike similar to the V7 classic, I have a 750 small block engine and a V50 frame...just got so many other things on the boil right now and my cheap rego Guzzi sleeper is first priority- $115 a year rego makes it important enough to be first in line. Screw ACC and their bastard levies:angry:

dangerous
4th February 2011, 16:51
Like the scrambler but the engine looks like it needs to grow up (just like the new V7)

but I'd prefer the cylinder finning to be more traditional, the square look makes the engine seem a bit small.

but you guys are right about the engine- it looks puny. The gas tank is the same as all the classic range and is made from nylon so it should deform nicely with our wonderful fuels:facepalm:ry:
The engine??? it looks no differant to any small block dating back to the early 80's :scooter:
The squarer look usually ment it was a small block 4 valve.

Dodgy... what ya mean re the nylon and deforming? my tank is nylon and looks no more deformed than in did the day it was made. :facepalm:

Dodgyiti
4th February 2011, 22:58
Reports of the Ethanol content in fuels deforming nylon tanks are rife.
And I agree the motor is the same as all the other small blocks but the exhaust (which I like) dwarfs the pots IMHO.

I just can't believe how good the classic range of Guzzis look in pictures but in the flesh...oh what a let down.
The dealer in Christchurch apparantly has one of those gaudy chrome tank 'special' V7 Classics. Anyone seen it in the flesh or are they advertising it for sale but not in stock?

James Deuce
4th February 2011, 23:01
The dealer in Christchurch apparantly has one of those gaudy chrome tank 'special' V7 Classics. Anyone seen it in the flesh or are they advertising it for sale but not in stock?

The V7 Racer is hand-built to order. I was led to believe that they would be $15-$16k but they turned out to be $22k. I'd love one, but would rather have a Bellagio with extras for that money.

nudemetalz
5th February 2011, 14:21
A lot of money considering the Racer still has 49hp. Sure, the speed limit is 100km/h but if it made the same hp as the 1971 V7 Sport 750 (62hp) it would be okay.

Dodgyiti
5th February 2011, 16:48
Yep Nudes, and that 49hp is only because it is choked to buggery with Euro compliance crap. My older 750 small block engine is way better in that respect even though, shock horror, it has carbs...

dangerous
5th February 2011, 17:34
A lot of money considering the Racer still has 49hp. Sure, the speed limit is 100km/h but if it made the same hp as the 1971 V7 Sport 750 (62hp) it would be okay.
the 71 V7 is a big block, ya cant compair

The V7 Racer is hand-built to order. I was led to believe that they would be $15-$16k but they turned out to be $22k. I'd love one, but would rather have a Bellagio with extras for that money.
Not built to order, MG do a limited run as they always have... and I expect the price to benear 20k

Reports of the Ethanol content in fuels deforming nylon tanks are rife.news to me, show us some evidance...

James Deuce
5th February 2011, 18:18
the 71 V7 is a big block, ya cant compair

Not built to order, MG do a limited run as they always have... and I expect the price to benear 20k

news to me, show us some evidance...

Sorry mate but you're wrong. I was really keen and went to the shop to order one after being told via email they'd be $15-16K. There's no limited run. They only build if you pony up the money and it's $22k.

dangerous
5th February 2011, 19:07
Sorry mate but you're wrong. I was really keen and went to the shop to order one after being told via email they'd be $15-16K. There's no limited run. They only build if you pony up the money and it's $22k.
dont be sorry I can stand corected, just that our local dealer has a couple on the burn, hes sold one but not the other, I asumed he had them cos he had them, but he may have put the order in himself hoping to be able to sell.

nudemetalz
5th February 2011, 21:08
The earlier one may be a big block, DD but that is still wayyyyy more horsies than the new one.. 'cause at the end of the day they're still both 750's.
I guess the '71 it isn't as smooth and more tempermental, not to mention louder (like that's a bad thing !! ;) )

dangerous
6th February 2011, 06:43
The earlier one may be a big block, DD but that is still wayyyyy more horsies than the new one.. 'cause at the end of the day they're still both 750's.
I guess the '71 it isn't as smooth and more tempermental, not to mention louder (like that's a bad thing !! ;) )

They may be 750's but nout a like... the big block can be built with more HP due to having guts in the casings, beter cooling, higher compresion etc small blocks are kinda brital in comparasion eg: the 4v heads... just not enough meat between the moving bits etc cos there aint the room.

Dodgyiti
7th February 2011, 07:02
The '71-'74 V7 Sport is actually very smooth and fairly quiet. It was really tall geared and rarely does 5th gear get used on the road, in fact you have to be doing about 70mph to even get it to pull top gear. I am fitting a set of V7 Sport mufflers to my Calli II at the moment, Lafranconi 26 which have a removable baffle end. I got them because they are so quiet, oh and they were cheaper than stock ones for that model:o

DD- I'm too lazy to find this evidence for you, sorry pal:innocent:
Might have read it in a bike magazine as well.

shrub
16th February 2011, 08:03
with the newer engine but a Tonti frame and the original bodywork my Thunderbird would be on Tardme in a second.

dangerous
16th February 2011, 17:42
with the newer engine but a Tonti frame and the original bodywork my Thunderbird would be on Tardme in a second.

Well why not in true Guzzi owners form... build it ya self :woohoo:

Ill get ya started... 232364

nudemetalz
16th February 2011, 20:22
That is gorgeous, DD

shrub
17th February 2011, 07:42
Well why not in true Guzzi owners form... build it ya self :woohoo:

Ill get ya started... 232364

Yeah, that's a good option, and I considered getting a Cali or a Mk5 lemon and doing an S1000 conversion and was browsing Tardme, but going back to uni to do my masters means buying another bike is not an option until I've finished as right now I'd need to sell my T Bird first, and while my next bike will probably be a Guzzi, it will share the shed with the T Bird

dangerous
17th February 2011, 18:45
That is gorgeous, DD
Ohh just a quick engine swap, heres the original pic... 232422