PDA

View Full Version : Proof that god exists

Skyryder
3rd February 2011, 20:16
Bet this guy thinks the sun revolves around the earth and the earth is flat.

http://breakingnewsdir.com/oreilly-how-did-the-moon-get-there-156221.html

Skyrder

dipshit
3rd February 2011, 20:30
And our legs are just the right length to reach the ground..!

Banditbandit
4th February 2011, 16:07
And our legs are just the right length to reach the ground..!

Damm ... here I was thinking that the ground was put in just the right place for my feet to touch it ..

slofox
4th February 2011, 16:10
Proof That God Exists

I thought you were gunna point to Australia and all its cyclones, floods, fires etc etc etc...

steve_t
4th February 2011, 16:14
Hahaha!! Unequivocal proof! God must exist cos science cannot explain why there are tides :facepalm:

superman
4th February 2011, 16:18
Americans.

george formby
4th February 2011, 16:35
Bet this guy thinks the sun revolves around the earth and the earth is flat.

http://breakingnewsdir.com/oreilly-how-did-the-moon-get-there-156221.html

Skyrder

Oooh the irony. It's a proven fact that all those who contributed to the bible did believe the earth was flat.

It's also a little known fact that the bible was originally written on a very long piece of Papyrus which was folded after somebody had written on it to leave the last line showing. The next writer had to follow on from their. Very popular after dinner game in Judea 2000 years ago apparently.

steve_t
4th February 2011, 16:39
Proof That God Exists

I thought you were gunna point to Australia and all its cyclones, floods, fires etc etc etc...

Well, Australia is a colony based on convicts :shutup::innocent: Maybe Uluru started as a pillar of salt :drinkup:

superman
4th February 2011, 16:44
Oooh the irony. It's a proven fact that all those who contributed to the bible did believe the earth was flat.

It's also a little known fact that the bible was originally written on a very long piece of Papyrus which was folded after somebody had written on it to leave the last line showing. The next writer had to follow on from their. Very popular after dinner game in Judea 2000 years ago apparently.

I always wondered how the books of the disciples knew accurate events of Jesus talking to the devil in his 40 day trip into the desert. I mean, why would he recount word for word what he said during his trip to his disciples "so the devil confronted me and I was like, you shall not tempt me". Sounds a little fishy to me.

steve_t
4th February 2011, 16:53
I always wondered how the books of the disciples knew accurate events of Jesus talking to the devil in his 40 day trip into the desert. I mean, why would he recount word for word what he said during his trip to his disciples "so the devil confronted me and I was like, you shall not tempt me". Sounds a little fishy to me.

I thought it was "play the best song in the world or I'll eat your soul" :rockon:

Edbear
4th February 2011, 17:03

LOL!!! There's nothing like being totally wrong about something to give yourself credibility, eh? It was while most of the rest of the world thought that the world was flat and supported on an elephant standing on four tortoises that the Bible writers said the Earth was round and hanging in space on nothing. About 3500 years ago...

You need to check your "proven facts"... :blink:

yachtie10
4th February 2011, 17:11
He goes on fox news! what do you expect:shit:

Biggles41
4th February 2011, 20:33
When it comes to bullshit, big-time, major league bullshit, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims, religion. No contest. No contest. Religion. Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story ever told. Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good bullshit story. Holy Shit!

But I want you to know something, this is sincere, I want you to know, when it comes to believing in God, I really tried. I really, really tried. I tried to believe that there is a God, who created each of us in His own image and likeness, loves us very much, and keeps a close eye on things. I really tried to believe that, but I gotta tell you, the longer you live, the more you look around, the more you realize, something is fucked up.

Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed. Results like these do not belong on the résumé of a Supreme Being. This is the kind of shit you'd expect from an office temp with a bad attitude. And just between you and me, in any decently-run universe, this guy would've been out on his all-powerful ass a long time ago. And by the way, I say "this guy", because I firmly believe, looking at these results, that if there is a God, it has to be a man.

No woman could or would ever fuck things up like this. So, if there is a God, I think most reasonable people might agree that he's at least incompetent, and maybe, just maybe, doesn't give a shit. Doesn't give a shit, which I admire in a person, and which would explain a lot of these bad results.

So rather than be just another mindless religious robot, mindlessly and aimlessly and blindly believing that all of this is in the hands of some spooky incompetent father figure who doesn't give a shit, I decided to look around for something else to worship. Something I could really count on.

And immediately, I thought of the sun. Happened like that. Overnight I became a sun-worshipper. Well, not overnight, you can't see the sun at night. But first thing the next morning, I became a sun-worshipper. Several reasons. First of all, I can see the sun, okay? Unlike some other gods I could mention, I can actually see the sun. I'm big on that. If I can see something, I don't know, it kind of helps the credibility along, you know? So everyday I can see the sun, as it gives me everything I need; heat, light, food, flowers in the park, reflections on the lake, an occasional skin cancer, but hey. At least there are no crucifixions, and we're not setting people on fire simply because they don't agree with us.

Sun worship is fairly simple. There's no mystery, no miracles, no pageantry, no one asks for money, there are no songs to learn, and we don't have a special building where we all gather once a week to compare clothing. And the best thing about the sun, it never tells me I'm unworthy. Doesn't tell me I'm a bad person who needs to be saved. Hasn't said an unkind word. Treats me fine. So, I worship the sun. But, I don't pray to the sun. Know why? I wouldn't presume on our friendship. It's not polite.

I've often thought people treat God rather rudely, don't you? Asking trillions and trillions of prayers every day. Asking and pleading and begging for favors. Do this, gimme that, I need a new car, I want a better job. And most of this praying takes place on Sunday His day off. It's not nice. And it's no way to treat a friend.

But people do pray, and they pray for a lot of different things, you know, your sister needs an operation on her crotch, your brother was arrested for defecating in a mall. But most of all, you'd really like to fuck that hot little redhead down at the convenience store. You know, the one with the eyepatch and the clubfoot? Can you pray for that? I think you'd have to. And I say, fine. Pray for anything you want. Pray for anything, but what about the Divine Plan?

Remember that? The Divine Plan. Long time ago, God made a Divine Plan. Gave it a lot of thought, decided it was a good plan, put it into practice. And for billions and billions of years, the Divine Plan has been doing just fine. Now, you come along, and pray for something. Well suppose the thing you want isn't in God's Divine Plan? What do you want Him to do? Change His plan? Just for you? Doesn't it seem a little arrogant? It's a Divine Plan. What's the use of being God if every run-down shmuck with a two-dollar prayerbook can come along and fuck up Your Plan?

And here's something else, another problem you might have: Suppose your prayers aren't answered. What do you say? "Well, it's God's will." "Thy Will Be Done." Fine, but if it's God's will, and He's going to do what He wants to anyway, why the fuck bother praying in the first place? Seems like a big waste of time to me! Couldn't you just skip the praying part and go right to His Will? It's all very confusing.

So to get around a lot of this, I decided to worship the sun. But, as I said, I don't pray to the sun. You know who I pray to? Joe Pesci. Two reasons: First of all, I think he's a good actor, okay? To me, that counts. Second, he looks like a guy who can get things done. Joe Pesci doesn't fuck around. In fact, Joe Pesci came through on a couple of things that God was having trouble with.

For years I asked God to do something about my noisy neighbor with the barking dog, Joe Pesci straightened that cocksucker out with one visit. It's amazing what you can accomplish with a simple baseball bat.

So I've been praying to Joe for about a year now. And I noticed something. I noticed that all the prayers I used to offer to God, and all the prayers I now offer to Joe Pesci, are being answered at about the same 50% rate. Half the time I get what I want, half the time I don't. Same as God, 50-50. Same as the four-leaf clover and the horseshoe, the wishing well and the rabbit's foot, same as the Mojo Man, same as the Voodoo Lady who tells you your fortune by squeezing the goat's testicles, it's all the same: 50-50. So just pick your superstition, sit back, make a wish, and enjoy yourself.

And for those of you who look to The Bible for moral lessons and literary qualities, I might suggest a couple of other stories for you. You might want to look at the Three Little Pigs, that's a good one. Has a nice happy ending, I'm sure you'll like that. Then there's Little Red Riding Hood, although it does have that X-rated part where the Big Bad Wolf actually eats the grandmother. Which I didn't care for, by the way. And finally, I've always drawn a great deal of moral comfort from Humpty Dumpty. The part I like the best? "All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty back together again." That's because there is no Humpty Dumpty, and there is no God. None, not one, no God, never was.

In fact, I'm gonna put it this way. If there is a God, may he strike this audience dead! See? Nothing happened. Nothing happened? Everybody's okay? All right, tell you what, I'll raise the stakes a little bit. If there is a God, may he strike me dead. See? Nothing happened, oh, wait, I've got a little cramp in my leg. And my balls hurt. Plus, I'm blind. I'm blind, oh, now I'm okay again, must have been Joe Pesci, huh? God Bless Joe Pesci. Thank you all very much. Joe Bless You!

(Copyright 1999 by George Carlin. Printed without permission.)

Dave Lobster
4th February 2011, 20:38
LOL!!! There's nothing like being totally wrong about something to give yourself credibility, eh? It was while most of the rest of the world thought that the world was flat and supported on an elephant standing on four tortoises that the Bible writers said the Earth was round and hanging in space on nothing. About 3500 years ago...

Isn't that when they think the earth was 'created'?
Damn those pesky scientists with their elaborate dinosaur scams..

Edbear
4th February 2011, 20:42
Isn't that when they think the earth was 'created'?
Damn those pesky scientists with their elaborate dinosaur scams..

Nah you're thinking of the Creationists, who reckon the Earth was created 6,000 years ago. The Bible doesn't say when the Earth was created, could have been ages ago... :yes:

scissorhands
5th February 2011, 07:44
George Carlin, religion is bullshit,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o

Fatt Max
5th February 2011, 08:50
And immediately, I thought of the sun. Happened like that. Overnight I became a sun-worshipper

Yes, I too am a Sun worshipper,

Cant go a day without looking at a great set of tits on Page 3.....ooohhhhhh

Scuba_Steve
5th February 2011, 08:57
Americans.

yep they can't proof God exists but they sure as hell prove evolution doesn't :yes:

george formby
5th February 2011, 09:51

My tongue was firmly in cheek & regarding the "facts" in the bible they are few & far between. Facts need proof.

R6_kid
5th February 2011, 22:15
Nah you're thinking of the Creationists, who reckon the Earth was created 6,000 years ago. The Bible doesn't say when the Earth was created, could have been ages ago... :yes:

around the same time that L&P became world famous in NZ?

James Deuce
5th February 2011, 22:36
All I know is that God thinks I'm a cock and treats me accordingly.

Edbear
6th February 2011, 08:10
around the same time that L&P became world famous in NZ?

Hard to think it could be that old, eh...?:blink:

Nah, most of the time we are our own worst enemy and if you think seriously, most of what's gone wrong with your life is your own doing. Lack of experience, maturity, judgement, selfish desires, or simple coincidence. HE doesn't promise to wrap us in cotton wool and shelter us from all harm or provide miraculously what we want, but HE does/has given us the best advice for success possible in all areas of life, be it self, family, social, work or business, the advice is good and if you follow it it works out well. Biggest problem is no-one want's to follow the advice. And religion has lied about so much and been so hypocritical people are completely turned off the Bible which is a shame as it totally condemns religion and the churches. Not many realise that.

DMNTD
6th February 2011, 08:21

OMG! God beats you??!

James Deuce
6th February 2011, 10:23
Nah, most of the time we are our own worst enemy and if you think seriously, most of what's gone wrong with your life is your own doing. Lack of experience, maturity, judgement, selfish desires, or simple coincidence. HE doesn't promise to wrap us in cotton wool and shelter us from all harm or provide miraculously what we want, but HE does/has given us the best advice for success possible in all areas of life, be it self, family, social, work or business, the advice is good and if you follow it it works out well. Biggest problem is no-one want's to follow the advice. And religion has lied about so much and been so hypocritical people are completely turned off the Bible which is a shame as it totally condemns religion and the churches. Not many realise that.

She hates me and I hate her back. That's fair.

Edbear
6th February 2011, 14:31
She hates me and I hate her back. That's fair.

Awwww... g'arn, I bet you're a wuvvable type... :sunny:

Banditbandit
7th February 2011, 11:35
The Bible doesn't say when the Earth was created, could have been ages ago... :yes:

Or created yesterday, at 12 noon GMT exactly.

Edbear
7th February 2011, 11:45

Hmmmm.... You may have a wee bit of trouble convincing the scientists of that...

DMNTD
7th February 2011, 11:47
Hmmmm.... You may have a wee bit of trouble convincing the scientists of that...

I wouldn't worry too much there mister, as long as they have faith then it must be true :sunny:

Skyryder
7th February 2011, 12:02

Not entirely true. While no number is actualy mentioned the figure of 6,000 years is arrived at through genealogies. The Bible provides a complete genealogy from Adam to Jesus. You can go through the genealogies and add up the years. You'll get a total that is just over 4,000 years. Add the 2,000 years since the time of Jesus and you get just over 6,000 years since God created everything.

Don't think for one minute that I believe this but those who believe in the literal interpretation of the Bible do.

http://www.missiontoamerica.org/genesis/six-thousand-years.html

As an aside to this recorded history is 6,000 years old.

Skyyrder

yod
7th February 2011, 12:05
HE doesn't promise to wrap us in cotton wool and shelter us from all harm or provide miraculously what we want, but HE does/has given us the best advice for success possible in all areas of life, be it self, family, social, work or business, the advice is good and if you follow it it works out well.

:facepalm:

oh dear....

DMNTD
7th February 2011, 12:14
:facepalm:

oh dear....

Scary eh? :blink:

Edbear
7th February 2011, 12:19
Not entirely true. While no number is actualy mentioned the figure of 6,000 years is arrived at through genealogies. The Bible provides a complete genealogy from Adam to Jesus. You can go through the genealogies and add up the years. You'll get a total that is just over 4,000 years. Add the 2,000 years since the time of Jesus and you get just over 6,000 years since God created everything.

Don't think for one minute that I believe this but those who believe in the literal interpretation of the Bible do.

Skyyrder

A common misunderstanding. If you actually read it the 6,000 years was the time since Eve was created at the end of the 6th "day". There were 6 periods or "days" of creation which from our understanding of the scriptures were each of about 7,000 literal years long. The Bible doesn't actually give the specific spans in our literal years and the creation account was after the Earth itself was created. The Bible only says that "In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth"without elborating as to when that was.

Scientists are divided on the age of the rock we stand on with the general consensus being around 4 1/2 billion years. But no-one knows for sure.

Jackal
7th February 2011, 12:21
I know GOD does exist. I met him at the Goldpine stall at the Southern Field Days a few years back. He was calling himself Colin Meads that day!!!!!!!!!!!

Edbear
7th February 2011, 12:24
Scary eh? :blink:

Yup! Especially when the guidance is to be honest in everything, treat others with respect and dignity, love your neighbour but leave his wife alone. Work hard and concientously, study and use your brain and take responsibility for your choices and actions. Honour your wife and treat her as a cherished person. Take good care of your health and wellbeing. :shit:

Man those rules would scare anyone! :innocent:

avgas
7th February 2011, 13:06
Global warming. Its exactly 10 degrees warmer now than it was when I checked last night..........
By the end of next week it will be a 1000 degrees I swear.

avgas
7th February 2011, 13:14
Scientists are divided on the age of the rock we stand on with the general consensus being around 4 1/2 billion years. But no-one knows for sure.
We musta been too stupid for religion for the first 4 and a bit billion then.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oldest_religion
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_oldest_known_religion_in_the_world

What I would like to know - is at what point do we start considering Scientology as legitimate?
100 years?
1000 years?
10000 years?

I worry for my great great great great grandchildren.

SPman
7th February 2011, 14:04
Yup! Especially when the guidance is to be honest in everything, treat others with respect and dignity, love your neighbour but leave his wife alone. Work hard and concientously, study and use your brain and take responsibility for your choices and actions. Honour your wife and treat her as a cherished person. Take good care of your health and wellbeing. :shit:

Sounds like the basic beliefs of Judaism.......

Edbear
7th February 2011, 14:10
Sounds like the basic beliefs of Judaism.......

Sounds like basic common sense to me... :yes:

SPman
7th February 2011, 15:32
There you go then..:yes:

Edbear
7th February 2011, 15:45
There you go then..:yes:

Just a shame so many don't want to abide by them, eh? Actually the Bible's full of common sense ideas, but religion has kinda ruined its rep by lying about it and being blood-thirsty, money-sucking hypocrites.

Dave Lobster
7th February 2011, 15:50

Bloody heretics. They'd be thrown in jail in Norway or the Netherlands for that.

yod
7th February 2011, 15:54
Actually the Bible's full of common sense ideas....

...but mostly just archaic drivel, e.g:

"Throughout your generations every male among you shall be circumcised when he is eight days old, including the slave born in your house and the one bought with your money from any foreigner who is not of your offspring. Both the slave born in your house and the one bought with your money must be circumcised."

Apparently, God's all good with mutilation and slavery...amongst other things.

Edbear
7th February 2011, 16:03
I wouldn't worry too much there mister, as long as they have faith then it must be true :sunny:

LOL!!! I prefer faith based on knowledge myself....

Skyyrder

Recorded history is only a few thousand years old which does ask a few questions... :yes:

...but mostly just archaic drivel, e.g:

Apparently, God's all good with mutilation and slavery...amongst other things.

Interesting thing about circumcision is that back then it had a health benefit in a dusty climate with limited water supplies. A circumcised penis was much easier to keep clean and free of infections. The reason for the 8th day was discovered by modern medical science and is such that the amount of Vit. K, the blood-clotting vitamin, was at its peak then making the operation safer.

As for slavery, have you bothered to read how slaves were to be treated under the Law? Very different from the nations around about.

It pays to do your research before slagging off on topics you know little or nothing about... :innocent:

yod
7th February 2011, 16:33
LOL!!! I prefer faith based on knowledge myself....

Recorded history is only a few thousand years old which does ask a few questions... :yes:

Interesting thing about circumcision is that back then it had a health benefit in a dusty climate with limited water supplies. A circumcised penis was much easier to keep clean and free of infections. The reason for the 8th day was discovered by modern medical science and is such that the amount of Vit. K, the blood-clotting vitamin, was at its peak then making the operation safer.

As for slavery, have you bothered to read how slaves were to be treated under the Law? Very different from the nations around about.

It pays to do your research before slagging off on topics you know little or nothing about... :innocent:

You of course, know exactly what I know and don't know about these topics, don't ya boss :innocent:

Indeed, it's widely believed circumcision at the time was for health reasons, rather than some primitive covenant with some 'god', which therefore suggests the bible was not at all the 'word' of the aforementioned 'god' but simply man's best effort at a rulebook at the time. But I'm sure you know that, it's pretty fucking obvious.This paradigm is rife throughout, but then, you already knew that too I'm sure.

As for slavery, regardless of their treatment, they're still slaves. If it's so mind-bogglingly wonderful, let's bring it back shall we? Got any young daughters I can buy? Promise I'll treat them with as much respect as Lot would.

Seriously my firend, when claims are made that a guy (who allegedly lived for 950 years) can magically fit several billion species, as well as a couple of months of their specific nutritional requirements into a boat roughly the size of the Interislander and then pop them all back where they belong all over the planet, you know you're reading fiction.

Edbear
7th February 2011, 16:49
You of course, know exactly what I know and don't know about these topics, don't ya boss :innocent:

Indeed, it's widely believed circumcision at the time was for health reasons, rather than some primitive covenant with some 'god', which therefore suggests the bible was not at all the 'word' of the aforementioned 'god' but simply man's best effort at a rulebook at the time. But I'm sure you know that, it's pretty fucking obvious.This paradigm is rife throughout, but then, you already knew that too I'm sure.

As for slavery, regardless of their treatment, they're still slaves. If it's so mind-bogglingly wonderful, let's bring it back shall we? Got any young daughters I can buy? Promise I'll treat them with as much respect as Lot would.

Seriously my firend, when claims are made that a guy (who allegedly lived for 950 years) can magically fit several billion species, as well as a couple of months of their specific nutritional requirements into a boat roughly the size of the Interislander and then pop them all back where they belong all over the planet, you know you're reading fiction.

Pardon me, but your ignorance of what the Bible actually says is showing very clearly. Yes the circumcision was as a sign of a covenant with God. The fact that it was a health benefit and the fact of the 8th day, shows that more than man's knowledge was at play. No-one of the time would have known or even thought of any benefits to chopping off the foreskin and certainly no-one would have known that the 8th day was the best time to do it. Like many things in scripture it has taken modern science to discover what was written thousands of years ago.

As for slavery, the Israelite system was far removed from the nations around them who were particularly cruel and sadistic in their seizing and use of slaves. In Israel a person could sell himself into slavery to pay debts or to provide for his family if his circumstances took a bad downturn. Slaves were to be treated with kindness, honesty, properly cared for as to their health and housing and offered freedom every seven years. They were not to be beaten or raped and had full legal rights under the Law as to justice. Often a slave would turn down the offer of freedom due to the way he was treated by his owner and would remain in service for the rest of his life.

As I said, if you want to slag off, at least know what you're talking about.

DMNTD
7th February 2011, 16:50
Yup! Especially when the guidance is to be honest in everything, treat others with respect and dignity, love your neighbour but leave his wife alone. Work hard and conscientiously, study and use your brain and take responsibility for your choices and actions.

Riiiight...so does that make my parents Deities (??) too because I was brought up that way anyway.

Edbear
7th February 2011, 16:56
Riiiight...so does that make my parents Deities (??) too because I was brought up that way anyway.

Nope, it simply shows that contrary to what many would like to think, the Bible is in fact quite normal, sane and has good advice to give. Nothing wierd or scary about it. As I said, it's religion that is wierd and scary and reprehensible to boot. Once you start to look at it objectively, the Bible's not bad at all, it just has this stigma attached to it that few want to see past.

Dave Lobster
7th February 2011, 20:20
the Bible's not bad at all,

Heh heh heh heh heh.. that's FUCKING HILARIOUS!!:blink:

Edbear
7th February 2011, 20:27
Heh heh heh heh heh.. that's FUCKING HILARIOUS!!:blink:

Well naturally you have of course read and studied it objectively yourself in order to make an informed comment... :yes:

Oh, hang on, this is KB, I forgot for a moment there that that sort of thing doesn't apply here... :facepalm:

scissorhands
7th February 2011, 20:41
http://www.evilbible.com/

It always amazes me how many times this God orders the killing of innocent people even after the Ten Commandments said “Thou shall not kill”. For example, God kills 70,000 innocent people because David ordered a census of the people (1 Chronicles 21). God also orders the destruction of 60 cities so that the Israelites can live there. He orders the killing of all the men, women, and children of each city, and the looting of all of value (Deuteronomy 3). He orders another attack and the killing of “all the living creatures of the city: men and women, young, and old, as well as oxen sheep, and asses” (Joshua 6). In Judges 21, He orders the murder of all the people of Jabesh-gilead, except for the virgin girls who were taken to be forcibly raped and married. When they wanted more virgins, God told them to hide alongside the road and when they saw a girl they liked, kidnap her and forcibly rape her and make her your wife! Just about every other page in the Old Testament has God killing somebody! In 2 Kings 10:18-27, God orders the murder of all the worshipers of a different god in their very own church! In total God kills 371,186 people directly and orders another 1,862,265 people murdered.

The God of the Bible also allows slavery, including selling your own daughter as a sex slave (Exodus 21:1-11), child abuse (Judges 11:29-40 and Isaiah 13:16), and bashing babies against rocks (Hosea 13:16 & Psalms 137:9).

Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist Christian

10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

9 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

7 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees!

6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."

3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove" Christianity.

2 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian.

Dave Lobster
7th February 2011, 20:50
Well naturally you have of course read and studied it objectively yourself in order to make an informed comment... :yes:

I watched that film with the imaginary friend.. Drop Dead Fred.. close enough ;)

Edbear
7th February 2011, 20:56
http://www.evilbible.com/

It always amazes me how many times this God orders the killing of innocent people even after the Ten Commandments said “Thou shall not kill”. For example, God kills 70,000 innocent people because David ordered a census of the people (1 Chronicles 21). God also orders the destruction of 60 cities so that the Israelites can live there. He orders the killing of all the men, women, and children of each city, and the looting of all of value (Deuteronomy 3). He orders another attack and the killing of “all the living creatures of the city: men and women, young, and old, as well as oxen sheep, and asses” (Joshua 6). In Judges 21, He orders the murder of all the people of Jabesh-gilead, except for the virgin girls who were taken to be forcibly raped and married. When they wanted more virgins, God told them to hide alongside the road and when they saw a girl they liked, kidnap her and forcibly rape her and make her your wife! Just about every other page in the Old Testament has God killing somebody! In 2 Kings 10:18-27, God orders the murder of all the worshipers of a different god in their very own church! In total God kills 371,186 people directly and orders another 1,862,265 people murdered.

The God of the Bible also allows slavery, including selling your own daughter as a sex slave (Exodus 21:1-11), child abuse (Judges 11:29-40 and Isaiah 13:16), and bashing babies against rocks (Hosea 13:16 & Psalms 137:9).

Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist Christian

10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

9 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

7 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees!

6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."

3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove" Christianity.

2 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian.

My goodness you are so confubbled and confused and misinformed with so much factual innacuracy I don't know where to start! :blink: This has of course all been covered in the RR thread and if we start here on this that's where this thread will very quickly go! Suffice to say you are so wrong on so much that you're a crack up of huge proportions. I've not only heard all this before, many times, I've answered it all.

Edbear
7th February 2011, 20:59
I watched that film with the imaginary friend.. Drop Dead Fred.. close enough ;)

Ahah, the old, "I saw it in the movies, so it must be true!" :yes: Now don't go confusing religion with the Bible, they are at direct odds with each other... Especially the so-called "Christian" churches which couldn't be more wrong about pretty much everything if they'd deliberately tried to be... Oh, hang on... :facepalm: