PDA

View Full Version : Star Motorcycles Unveils Roadliner and Stratoliner

Hitcher
20th June 2005, 19:39
Check these puppies out!

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/12june05_yamaha2006star.htm

Waylander
20th June 2005, 20:26
Not to bad. Like the tail lights of the Starliner nice and clean looking.

Holy Roller
20th June 2005, 21:14
Its about time Yamaha brought out a full dresser again.
See all the models at
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/star/products/lifestylehome/home.aspx
The convertable concept is cool though not sure if that is what the punters want.

Jackrat
20th June 2005, 23:16
Nice enough bikes I guess.
Just don't understand why a new brand name.
Does this mean those buying standard Yamahas now get a lesser quality product ?
Are they trying to pretend their not Jap bikes for the American market ?
Are they going to reintroduce the XS as a 900 that can breath an keep it's battery charged ?
I'm so confused.????????????????????????????????????????

Virago
20th June 2005, 23:41
Nice enough bikes I guess.
Just don't understand why a new brand name.
Does this mean those buying standard Yamahas now get a lesser quality product ?
Are they trying to pretend their not Jap bikes for the American market ?
Are they going to reintroduce the XS as a 900 that can breath an keep it's battery charged ?
I'm so confused.????????????????????????????????????????
"A rose by any other name"....

Just a rebranding to try to boost sales. Same bikes, same factory, makes no difference to other Yamaha models.

Lexus cars are built at the Toyota factory. The branding is to aim for the luxury car market. It makes no difference to the quality of a Toyota Corolla.

Jantar
20th June 2005, 23:55
I'd have to take one for a ride before I could be sure, but on first appearances they look like something out of the early 1960s. I hope they would ride better than they look.

Holy Roller
21st June 2005, 05:59
I'd have to take one for a ride before I could be sure, but on first appearances they look like something out of the early 1960s. I hope they would ride better than they look.

From another forum I'm on the guys tend to down size the front tyre to a 130 and that improves handling dramatically. Otherwise the complaint is sluggish and heavy turning. For highway cruising the metric cruisers are great but in the twisties one needs to have had their weet bix.

Jackrat
22nd June 2005, 17:21
"A rose by any other name"....

Just a rebranding to try to boost sales. Same bikes, same factory, makes no difference to other Yamaha models.

Lexus cars are built at the Toyota factory. The branding is to aim for the luxury car market. It makes no difference to the quality of a Toyota Corolla.

LOL,good to hear that,I kind of like my Corolla.
A LOT, :msn-wink: