PDA

View Full Version : Help...I need a jacket repair

Corse1
10th February 2011, 06:42
Got to work this morning and couldn't undo the main front Zip. It was ruin the Zip or wear the jacket forever!! A couple of the teeth had fallen off jaming the zip so it was stuffed anyway. :angry:

Where is a good place to have the zip replaced in a leather jacket in the Rotorua area??

StoneY
10th February 2011, 06:49
Send a PM to Quasi_Evil mate he owns QMOTO a Hamilton based bike gear manufacturer, or just go to his websire - google QMOTO

Great gear, great guy (even if he does love John Key!)

Warr
10th February 2011, 08:13
Fiona from Inhide Leatherworks, Hamilton can help

Inhide Leatherworks

Shop 2, Glenview Shopping Centre Ohaupo Rd
Hamilton

Phone: 07-843 2223

Corse1
10th February 2011, 08:44

Inhide Leatherworks

Hamilton

Must be in late today...Rang 9:37 answer phone says open 9:30. Wish I had a job like that :yes:

Will call later, thanks for the heads up.

StoneY...does Quasi do repairs??

nodrog
10th February 2011, 09:11
There is a leather repair shop in Greerton (Tauranga) that does awesome work, and its just up the road from you.

Fanny.

sil3nt
10th February 2011, 09:27
Must be in late today...Rang 9:37 answer phone says open 9:30. Wish I had a job like that :yes:

Will call later, thanks for the heads up.

StoneY...does Quasi do repairs??No he doesn't. When i asked him the other day about repairing some gloves he pointed me in Fionas direction.

Corse1
10th February 2011, 09:47
$130 to repair...looks like I need a new jacket. Now it is worth contacting Quasi.

slofox
10th February 2011, 10:10

Inhide Leatherworks

Hamilton

Wot 'e said - she's ace.

Ratti
12th February 2011, 18:33
Thats a hell of a lot to replace a jacket zip. Should only be 60-70 bucks. I do them if you cant find anyone closer. Courier costs are reasonable.

StoneY? Shame on you dude! You know I do repairs....just waiting for you to get those duct taped trou to me. QMoto has asked if I will do repairs down this way for him, they are retailers not machinists.

StoneY
12th February 2011, 20:23
Thats a hell of a lot to replace a jacket zip. Should only be 60-70 bucks. I do them if you cant find anyone closer. Courier costs are reasonable.

StoneY? Shame on you dude! You know I do repairs....just waiting for you to get those duct taped trou to me. QMoto has asked if I will do repairs down this way for him, they are retailers not machinists.

He asked for a local Ratti.
No disparagement on you at all

Corse1
13th February 2011, 10:14
Ended up costing me $50.00 bucks at local Dr Shoe.

Its an old Jacket and one I wear for round town and short trips so didn't want to spend a heap on it. they did a reasonable job.

Only problem is now that the two options to Zip it up depending on body size is now reduced to one. Thats ok though as I don't think I will be losing a heap of weight anytime soon:facepalm: yes I chose the larger option for replacement.

davebullet
16th February 2011, 18:08
Although not local - I can recommend The Leather Shop in Porirua. They replaced the both sets of velcro on both gloves plus provided some ankle straps for my leather pants - all for $40. Well sewd on.