PDA

View Full Version : Digital camera. Time and date?

LBD
14th February 2011, 05:58
So, with the TT2000 coming up and the stipulation that way point images need to show time and date.....I thought I better have a play with the camera...

So I gets time and date set correct....all good so far.

But do you think I can get to display the time and date on the images?. I have worked out how to print direct from the camera with time and date displayed, but that is as good as it gets.

Even when I look at properties for each image it only shows the date the image was created on the computer, not the time or date it was created.

Camear is a small Olympus 8010........any suggestions?

pzkpfw
14th February 2011, 06:00
Which OS? (If Windows...)

When you look at properties, via Windows explorer, do you see a "details" tab?

Do you have Windows Photo Gallery? In my version there's an "Info" icon in the top menu that turns on a details display.

LBD
14th February 2011, 06:28
Which OS? (If Windows...)

When you look at properties, via Windows explorer, do you see a "details" tab?

Do you have Windows Photo Gallery? In my version there's an "Info" icon in the top menu that turns on a details display.

Yup ...windows

I see the date taken on the windows tab....that's another step in the right direction tks

Timmeh:P
14th February 2011, 07:54
How about using a exif reader?

Allows you to read all that hidden information in an image.

http://www.takenet.or.jp/~ryuuji/minisoft/exifread/english/

wysper
14th February 2011, 09:51
Is there anything in the cameras manual. I know that is a evil thing to suggest to a guy LOL.

Manual (http://www.olympusamerica.com/files/oima_cckb/STYLUS_TOUGH-8010_6020_3000_mju_TOUGH-8010_6020_3000_Instruction_Manual_EN.pdf)

Looks like it might be included in the option to print stage.

ynot slow
14th February 2011, 10:06
[QUOTE=wysper;1129985180]Manual

He's from Barcelona isn't he?

steve_t
14th February 2011, 10:15
The camera only includes the time and date stamp on prints. Unfortunately, you can't display it in the jpegs, but it is in the EXIF data. There are a few free programs you can download that can batch process your photos and add a time/date stamp to the image. The EXIF data will still contain original "date taken" info but the "date modified" will obviously be changed

LBD
14th February 2011, 15:45
Is there anything in the cameras manual. I know that is a evil thing to suggest to a guy LOL.

Manual (http://www.olympusamerica.com/files/oima_cckb/STYLUS_TOUGH-8010_6020_3000_mju_TOUGH-8010_6020_3000_Instruction_Manual_EN.pdf)

Looks like it might be included in the option to print stage.

Read all 85 pages of Manuel down to "Printed in China"....only describes how to print date on print, not show on jpeg's

Will have a play with exif reader

What are others doing for th TT2000 check points?

Gremlin
14th February 2011, 15:55
What are others doing for th TT2000 check points?
Check date and time on camera, take lots of pictures. :yes:

LBD
14th February 2011, 19:13
Check date and time on camera, take lots of pictures. :yes:

On this ride, photos are a little like Diana's "Golden Apples"....for those old enough to remember.

mashman
14th February 2011, 19:18
Manual

He's from Barcelona isn't he?

Yup, his sister has a website ... Emmanual :shifty:

sinned
14th February 2011, 19:24
Buy a new camera that does what you want and make sure the battery will last and/or get a spare battery. With so much reliance on photographic evidence I would take a spare camera.

Good luck on your ride - wish I could be there. Another year?

LBD
14th February 2011, 19:48
Buy a new camera that does what you want and make sure the battery will last and/or get a spare battery. With so much reliance on photographic evidence I would take a spare camera.

Good luck on your ride - wish I could be there. Another year?

Tiz a new camera....the last one died 2 days ago (After I bought 2 spare Batteries n all)....and I could not get the date to work on the images from that one either.

Will have the phone Camera and 3 Batteries along as spare.

Jantar
14th February 2011, 22:12
Open a photo using Microsoft Office Picture Manager (not My Computer or Explorer), Click on File then Properties. You will see on the righthand side of the screen details on the picture, when modified etc, and on the camera with date and time taken.