PDA

View Full Version : Holding different classes of license?

pyrocam
21st June 2005, 17:36
one of my buddies at work just asked, 'what if choo gots a restricted bike licenses bart a le-arners caar license'

I think he means. does he get a restricted license and it will have 1L on the back.
or does he keep a learners license and has 6R on the back.

if you look on the back and you have full car and bike license it should say
1F
6F

(1 being cage, 6 being bike of course)

so if you have a full bike license you get a fancy green card?

also. if you get disqulified on a bike can you drive a car or is it totally illegal to be in charge of a vehicle.

k cheers

can I drive a tractor? a horse? elephants and cows
(silly workmates hanging around my desk)
1 more, can you drive a plane on SH1? (on my cage license)

I take no responsibility for the last three lines

FlyingDutchMan
21st June 2005, 17:48
Your license colour & learner/restricted word in the top corner go by the lowest license you hold. At the bottm they then list the licenses. L=learners, R=restricted and nothing after the number if you have your full. e.g. I used to have 1, 6R. 1 = full car, 6R= restricted motorcycle.

If you loose your license, you loose it for everything for driving on the public road (roads, carparks, beaches etc...). But AFAIK, you'd be fine driving a tractor on private property.

The last one I doubt it. I don't think a license/endorsement exists for piloting an aviatable vehicle on the road.

Pretty random questions! What did you do? Get done DUI of an airplane while on motorcycle learners license?

DingDong
21st June 2005, 18:30
can I drive a tractor? a horse? elephants and cows
(silly workmates hanging around my desk)
1 more, can you drive a plane on SH1? (on my cage license)

You can do all these things... but some will get you in the poos :yes:

Suney
21st June 2005, 18:44
I've got a Class 1 and 6L
My license is blue
The classes are listed on the front, not the back.

Two Smoker
21st June 2005, 18:48
AS it has been said, the licence colour goes to the lowest licence... Ive got full class 1 and 2 but ive got a orange licence due to my restricted class 6...

lukehyslop
21st June 2005, 18:53
Colour goes by the lowest class 1 or 6. Strangely classes 2L,3L,4L and 5L (heavy vehicle and trailer classes) dont affect the colour of your licence.

Waylander
21st June 2005, 18:57
I have a clas CM liscense. It's kind of a tan colour and has my picture on it. It's set in portrait style rather than landscape becouse at the time of it's issueing I was under 21.

Will
21st June 2005, 19:02
I have a clas CM liscense. It's kind of a tan colour and has my picture on it. It's set in portrait style rather than landscape becouse at the time of it's issueing I was under 21.

I checked the photo..... do you look a little cross-eyed :whistle:

Being Texan might explain your spelling mistakes..........

John
21st June 2005, 19:04

I got his licence number, I am going to run it through with a few of my people and go get me a new bike :ride:

Waylander
21st June 2005, 19:09

Lol the flash on my camera made it look like that also taking it at an angle to reduce the glare from it. As for spelling mistakes Yea I should have noticed that one, since it is written on my license and everything. Anyway enough thread hijacking. Only posted mine so I could subscribe to this thread to find out a few things for when I get it changed over soon.

I got his licence number, I am going to run it through with a few of my people and go get me a new bike images/smilies/FFonRF.gif

Have fun considering that my DL# has nothing on it other than a few speeding tickets that I paid and nothing else.

John
21st June 2005, 19:18
Lol the flash on my camera made it look like that also taking it at an angle to reduce the glare from it. As for spelling mistakes Yea I should have noticed that one, since it is written on my license and everything. Anyway enough thread hijacking. Only posted mine so I could subscribe to this thread to find out a few things for when I get it changed over soon.

Have fun considering that my DL# has nothing on it other than a few speeding tickets that I paid and nothing else.
cute bum fluff :D, I'm jealous... :lol:

NC
21st June 2005, 19:24
I spent most of the time perfecting the boogers

John
21st June 2005, 19:26
HHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA.... I knew you were upto something.

Nice, I especially like the subtile text changes, smooth very smooth.

NC
21st June 2005, 19:30
:blank:

Hee hee

Edit: Some one can't take a joke, Oh bad rep :clap:

holding different class... 21st June 2005 19:29 Waylander Shouldn't you find some shit to fuck?

XTC
21st June 2005, 19:32
You are a sad strange little....... :rofl:

Waylander
21st June 2005, 19:38
Edit: Some one can't take a joke, Oh bad rep :clap:

When it is actually a joke I can. But when it is a poorly hidden insult comming from someone who last time I spoke to hated me for some fucked off reason why would I take it as a joke? I havn't so much as posted something to you in ages so find something else to do. I'm out.

pyrocam
21st June 2005, 19:51
woohoo. the threads been over run with the pre-emt of another flame war.
puts flame-retardant haz-mat suit on and braces.

back on topic.
sad that it runs color of lowest class.
I suppose I could finally get a cage license at the same time. I just dont want to, and I cant drive.

Re the odd questions: nah the guys at work were hanging around my desk (they were using a usb2.0 hdd to get 6Gbs of stuff of it)
. but yeah, DUI with a cesna just past the harbour bridge. couldnt get the fucking thing to take off. I was pressing the square button and all, I even tried tapping triangle and circle and X but nothing. just went forward. maybe I should try the buttons at the front next time

John
21st June 2005, 21:33
See what video games do children, they pollute the mind, when you have being playing to much GTA:SA HAVENT YOU.

But seriously, It makes sense In one respect but is an arse in another, go figure.

JohnBoy
21st June 2005, 22:09
If you loose your license, you loose it for everything

yup, learnt that one the hard way. :whistle:

SPORK
21st June 2005, 22:15
I found this hilarious. Nothing personal to the Grand Waylander, but just because of the "America, Fuck yeah!", and the awful paint work.

It's funny as hell still though!

Lou Girardin
22nd June 2005, 08:13
I've got all of 'em, barring tracks and rollers. My licence is platinum. :first:

pyrocam
22nd June 2005, 19:44
ACE!

so. does that mean I wont get busted driving a cesna down SH1 with you in the passenger seat?

MGST
21st January 2008, 08:18
Colour goes by the lowest class 1 or 6. Strangely classes 2L,3L,4L and 5L (heavy vehicle and trailer classes) dont affect the colour of your licence.

That is correct. I've got 1,2,4,5L,6R,F and the card is yellow ( for 6R ). Will be changing 5L to 5 on Friday this week. F is for forkhoist btw. Then I will get R,T,and W which is special type vehicles with Rollers ( steam roller etc ), Tracks ( excavator, bulldozer, tank etc ), and Wheels ( grader, front end loader etc ). Then in a few years hopefully off to the promised land ( Oz ) to work in the mines on big pin. Hopefully....

TOTO
21st January 2008, 18:48
I've got a Class 1 and 6L
My license is blue
The classes are listed on the front, not the back.

same here. getting my restricted tomorrow so will let you know what happens but I beleave the colour will change to yellow.:yes:

Morcs
21st January 2008, 19:06
It will usually be the colour of the last license aquired.

I got a 6r then a 1L, and its now blue.