PDA

View Full Version : gsxr400

750Y
6th December 2003, 14:08
1991 gsxr400. 46ks, reg, new testing station wof, just serviced- changed oil/filter,plugs/coolant/brake fluid/front wheel bearings. new chain/sprockets on a couple thou back, runs really well. genuine sale. $2350 get on & go.
I may consider a deal if anyone has a kids 4-wheeler.

cheers

750Y
31st December 2003, 12:00
sold
...cheers

Kwaka-Kid
9th January 2004, 19:30
750 was that the one you bought off marty? you barely had it 5 seconds! why not longer? better then nothing surely?

750Y
10th January 2004, 09:58
750 was that the one you bought off marty? you barely had it 5 seconds! why not longer? better then nothing surely?

lol, Yeah same one. I just sorta realised it wouldn't stand up to the punishment & didn't want to get stuck with repair bills on an old bike. It was actually a good little bike, but after suffering the 'gixxer curse' too long, I got cold feet and pulled out before things went pear shaped. The guy who bought it should get a good run out of it. I'll be back, but not on a Suzuki, 'for now, I'd like to return to the classic'(You'll be able to appreciate that quote)....Kawasaki

Motoracer
10th January 2004, 18:06
lol, Yeah same one. I just sorta realised it wouldn't stand up to the punishment & didn't want to get stuck with repair bills on an old bike. It was actually a good little bike, but after suffering the 'gixxer curse' too long, I got cold feet and pulled out before things went pear shaped. The guy who bought it should get a good run out of it. I'll be back, but not on a Suzuki, 'for now, I'd like to return to the classic'(You'll be able to appreciate that quote)....Kawasaki

I hear ya man. What started out as a cheap commuting bike for me, ended up as a weekend thrash aournd thing. The old TZR 250 is really getting a bit tired and it seems to need so much more done to it. I just put new tires on it. The rear shock broke last week so tomorrow I will put another one that I bought today. And next week, I will be servicing the brake callipers and bleeding the brakes and changing the steering head bearings + wheel bearings. Yippeee!!... <_<

Kwaka-Kid
10th January 2004, 18:45
and i hear you both, just got a commuter today for my mate, GSXR250... just to get around and learn to ride... trying to do oil change found a rounded sump plug, tried to get out with hammer and cracked the sump, had to take whole sump off and eventually got it out... eshk it never ends, the things only done 30,000k's but has been a little neglected in terms of maintanence... keeps you busy but.

Yamahamaman
10th January 2004, 19:46
tried to get out with hammer and cracked the sump,

Sometimes a monkeywrench is better than a hammer - few bucks at Mitre 10, but very useful. :calm: They come in varying sizes as well.

slob
10th January 2004, 19:49
and i hear you both, just got a commuter today for my mate, GSXR250... just to get around and learn to ride... trying to do oil change found a rounded sump plug, tried to get out with hammer and cracked the sump, had to take whole sump off and eventually got it out... eshk it never ends, the things only done 30,000k's but has been a little neglected in terms of maintanence... keeps you busy but.
Man, I've had it with 2nd hand bikes (esp 400s coz they get neglected)! Bought mine for $700 with no rego and a bit of fairing damage thinking I could sort it out for about $1000 - $1500 on top. Ended up spending over $2000 instead and a few weeks later, the carbs crap out! :crazy: . So back she goes to the mechanics (after I have a go at fiddling around with it of course..). Probably would've ended up cheaper just buying one from a dealer...:( (sigh...)