PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy shock absorber bushes in Christchurch?

neels
20th February 2011, 18:33
So the latest mis-assembled bit of my 'unfinished project' XJ550 is the rear suspension, the brand new rear shocks appear to have the wrong bushes in them.

I think tops are ok with just a rubber bush, as there is a stepped mount on the frame for the washer to bolt up tight to, am I right?

The bottom just has a u mount on the swingarm, and with just plain rubber bushes the bolts keep doing up until the mount is tight on the metal loop on the shock. I'm assuming it should have bushes with steel sleeves, for the bolts to tighten on.

So does anyone know where can I buy the correct bushes in christchurch?

Kickaha
20th February 2011, 18:43
I think tops are ok with just a rubber bush, as there is a stepped mount on the frame for the washer to bolt up tight to, am I right?
Yes

The bottom just has a u mount on the swingarm, and with just plain rubber bushes the bolts keep doing up until the mount is tight on the metal loop on the shock. I'm assuming it should have bushes with steel sleeves, for the bolts to tighten on.
Yes it should

So does anyone know where can I buy the correct bushes in christchurch?

Short of pulling some out of some old shocks I would try Autolign on Wordsworth street or maybe the Mount shop on Durham st

If you only need the steel sleeve a bit of thin wall pipe the right ID would work

They do Car automotive stuff but should be able to match something up

neels
20th February 2011, 18:47
Ta, I guess I should pull one of them back off and take it in with me, so I guess I should put the front forks back together so it's got something holding it up. :facepalm: