PDA

View Full Version : Dob him in?

steelphoenix
21st February 2011, 11:51
Hi all -

Just wanting to get a few opinions on a situation where I was really torn.

There's this... person... (I hesitate to say biker) who rides in Central Auckland. This person is on a blue R1, and has worn no gear other than his helmet in the three times I've seen him. I'm an ATGATT proponent, but that wasn't what made me cringe.

They ride like a fucking dumbshit. I don't say this lightly.

The first time I came across him, I was coming around the corner from Customs to Fort Street. He passed me at warp speed, giving me a hell of a fright (and I'm a pretty observant driver/rider). He then proceeded to cut the Fort Street corner - in the centre of the other side of the road - and weave side to side (warming the tyres-type movement) all the way up Fort Street until he turned onto Queen.

The second time, he was warming his tyres again - up the centre of Queen Street. He then proceeded to filter through moving traffic at about 60kph (in the Queen Street 30kph zone), and use the other side of the road before turning onto Wellesley Street.

The third time I was slowing down and stopping at the Queen Street/Victoria Street intersection, when he pulled a stoppie (back wheel at least a foot off the ground) behind the car one lane over. I swear to God, he was less than a metre behind the car - the other driver must have gotten a shock. He then filtered to the front, almost hitting my mirror and actually hitting another car's mirror.

Every time I've seen this person, I've thought, "You dumbass, you're going to get yourself killed," my passengers have remarked on his idiocy/giving bikers a bad name, and I've been tempted to call *555 and let Mr. Plod sort him out. The only thing that restrained me was the fact that - for all his faults - he is a fellow biker, and it seems a bit mean-spirited to dob him in.

Thoughts?

Bald Eagle
21st February 2011, 11:54
*555 or always have a shovel handy to scrape him up when he bins.

Ronin
21st February 2011, 12:03
Lok at it this way. If he was in a cage would you hesitate to *555 him? I know I wouldn't. Being a fellow biker should not make him immune either.

wingnutt
21st February 2011, 12:04
well, dobbing him in, might just save his life, although, it hard to get through to braindead aye.

one thing about bikes they are great levelers, ride like a dick all the time, and sooner or later it will bite you on the arse.

Gremlin
21st February 2011, 12:07
As Ronin says... so, because he's a biker, he can ride around the busy central city like an idiot?

nodrog
21st February 2011, 12:11
According to another thread on here, the required action is to chase after him and abuse him.

Fanny.

Whynot
21st February 2011, 12:16
the required action is to chase after him and abuse him.

be sure to remind him to always wear hi vis, brush three times a day and to use the KB wave whenever possible.

Gremlin
21st February 2011, 12:16
use the KB wave whenever possible.
Does KB have a wave?

White trash
21st February 2011, 12:17
What I'd do personally, is wander over to your friendly Yamaha dealer and borrow a demo R1 for the afternoon. Then lay in wait for the blue one, then as he's screamin down the lanesplit, choose the other side of the lane and mono past, GYTR pipes thumpin' away with the crossplane up around 11,000 glorious rpm. That's how it SHOULD be done. Anything less and you're as soft as he.

You're welcome.

Whynot
21st February 2011, 12:21
Does KB have a wave?

I believe so ... try searching the forums and see what you come up with.

Ronin
21st February 2011, 12:23
Does KB have a wave?

A what?????

Timmeh:P
21st February 2011, 12:30
Seen this rider as well... And back up everything you have said.... he is a temporary citizen!! :bye:

If I see him do dumb shit again ill be *555 him as well. :innocent:

Just two weeks ago I was first on the scene to a motorcycle accident in the middle of town. Unfortunately the rider passed away a week later, (I found out as he was a friend of a friend). I wont comment further as it is still being investigated.

*555 him, it might just save his life!!!

Kendog
21st February 2011, 12:35
*555 him, it might just save his life!!!
Or more importantly the lives of innocent people around him.

There should be no question, *555

avgas
21st February 2011, 12:40
What I'd do personally, is wander over to your friendly Yamaha dealer and borrow a demo R1 for the afternoon. Then lay in wait for the blue one, then as he's screamin down the lanesplit, choose the other side of the lane and mono past, GYTR pipes thumpin' away with the crossplane up around 11,000 glorious rpm. That's how it SHOULD be done. Anything less and you're as soft as he.

You're welcome.
Nah thats for pussies too.
You should do all of that on a GN125 and make him feel inadequacy

slofox
21st February 2011, 12:51
Or more importantly the lives of innocent people around him.

There should be no question, *555

Wot 'e said.

steelphoenix
21st February 2011, 12:58
Yeah, that was my feeling. Hopefully he doesn't wipe out someone before he gets nabbed.

Maha
21st February 2011, 13:00
Hi all -

There's this... person... (I hesitate to say biker) who rides in Central Auckland. This person is on a blue R1, and has worn no gear other than his helmet in the three times I've seen him. I'm an ATGATT proponent, but that wasn't what made me cringe.

The first time I came across him, I was coming around the corner from Customs to Fort Street. He passed me at warp speed, giving me a hell of a fright (and I'm a pretty observant driver/rider). He then proceeded to cut the Fort Street corner - in the centre of the other side of the road - and weave side to side (warming the tyres-type movement) all the way up Fort Street until he turned onto Queen.

The second time, he was warming his tyres again - up the centre of Queen Street. He then proceeded to filter through moving traffic at about 60kph (in the Queen Street 30kph zone), and use the other side of the road before turning onto Wellesley Street.

The third time I was slowing down and stopping at the Queen Street/Victoria Street intersection, when he pulled a stoppie (back wheel at least a foot off the ground) behind the car one lane over. I swear to God, he was less than a metre behind the car - the other driver must have gotten a shock. He then filtered to the front, almost hitting my mirror and actually hitting another car's mirror.

Every time I've seen this person, I've thought, "You dumbass, you're going to get yourself killed," my passengers have remarked on his idiocy/giving bikers a bad name, and I've been tempted to call *555 and let Mr. Plod sort him out. The only thing that restrained me was the fact that - for all his faults - he is a fellow biker, and it seems a bit mean-spirited to dob him in.

Thoughts?

Fuck that....he just another road user...fellow biker my arse, that is such a crock term.

Just read how you discribed this dick earlier...'person... (I hesitate to say biker)'..fucking dumbshit...You dumbass
And you end with...'fellow biker'?.....:facepalm:

Latte
21st February 2011, 13:05
Because he is a "motorcycle rider" I'd be more inclined to *555 him. At the end of the day he's doing you the injustice, not vice versa.

YellowDog
21st February 2011, 13:07
The guy may need saving from himself as may others from being forced into spontaneous reactionary life threatening manoeuvres.

Surely it would need more than just one *555 call to be taken seriously?

Highlander
21st February 2011, 13:11
It is because of riders like him that the rest of us are paying $10 per week to register our greater than 600 cc bikes.

zeocen
21st February 2011, 13:14
Call it in and let him get whatever's coming to him in regards to reckless and illegal driving. His choice of gear on the other hand is his alone, let that slide.

skippa1
21st February 2011, 13:14
Well I for one am really pissed off with this.:angry:I didnt know that there was a KB wave and my Yamaha dealer doesnt have a demo R1 at the moment (though it is a long way for me to go on a demo)

White trash
21st February 2011, 13:27
Well I for one am really pissed off with this.:angry:I didnt know that there was a KB wave and my Yamaha dealer doesnt have a demo R1 at the moment (though it is a long way for me to go on a demo)

I've got one you can borrow.

marty
21st February 2011, 14:58
A :scooter:or a :bye: ??

SPman
21st February 2011, 16:04
His choice of gear on the other hand is his alone, let that slide.

Slide...
can we watch!

The Pastor
21st February 2011, 16:09
just a thought, have you tried talking to him?

Marmoot
21st February 2011, 17:30

Dumb.

Everyone knows when doing stoppie you need to allow good following distance so you can make good rolling stoppie. It ain't skill if it ain't rolling, and a metre is just not enough.

Headbanger
21st February 2011, 17:47
Lok at it this way. If he was in a cage would you hesitate to *555 him? I know I wouldn't. Being a fellow biker should not make him immune either.

Fuck man, what about the brotherhood?:facepalm:

Dave Lobster
21st February 2011, 18:07
Fuck saving his life..
But he could have a child or two, that would grow up without him.

maggot
21st February 2011, 18:15
If he's the same one I saw yesterday, he rides no differently on the motorway. Fucking plonker doesn't know the white lines on the ground indicate separate parts of the road. And the funny signs on the side of the road with the numbers are for everyone not on a bike. And indicators? What the hell are those?

And all this in a button up shirt, jeans and sneakers. At least he had a helmet.

skippa1
21st February 2011, 18:19
I've got one you can borrow.

I'll take it......wave or :scooter: actually, fuck the wave just the scooter will do.

Scouse
21st February 2011, 18:21
Hi all -

Thoughts?My thoughts are that your a whiney little weasle, if it pisses you off that much man up and talk to the guy

BuzzardNZ
21st February 2011, 18:26
if he rides like you've said all the time then it's more than likely he's already been 555ed!

BTW, what actually happens when you get 555ed, a warning letter from the plod?

If so, some prick did it to me once :violin:

tigertim20
21st February 2011, 18:41
Hi all -

Thoughts?

sometimes the whole 'biker brotherhood' thing gets taken too far. if you honestly beleive someone is riding/driving like a fuckwit, dob them. period.
would you see hone harawira driving like a fucktard and think, awww, poor hone, we took his land, so I wont dob him...? nahhhhh

Bottom line, doesnt matter what they are driving/riding, colour of their skin or their sex. if you genuinely think they are a constant danger and a real wanker, dob them. period.

besides, we can do without people doing dangerous shit and giving us a bad name at times like this anyway.

vifferman
21st February 2011, 18:45

You're welcome.
Now that just pisses me off. :angry:

No - not your comments, Jimmy; the R1 with the crossplane crank. There's a guy who visits a biker who lives near me, and he's got one. Sounds like a VFR, but looks and goes more betterer. Sorta the bike Honda should've brought out instead of the crappy Vtec and Shamu the VFR1200 whalebike.... :facepalm:

Just as well they don't make one with more sensible ergos, or I'd be in trouble with the wife for spending my insurance payout before she blows it all on house renovations... :innocent:

Brett
21st February 2011, 19:35
Yep, noticed this clown too. White Trash...doubt the fella has the ability to pull a decent mono on the thing.

Marmoot
21st February 2011, 20:05
Yep, noticed this clown too. White Trash...doubt the fella has the ability to pull a decent mono on the thing.

He can, mate. Good wheelie monster he is.
It's finishing races that he has a problem with :Pokey:

aprilia_RS250
21st February 2011, 20:11
for all his faults - he is a fellow biker, and it seems a bit mean-spirited to dob him in.

Thoughts?

I'd like to see what you'd do once you see 4-5 cruiser dudes with t shirts and open face helmets ride past you at 150km/h through a blind corner and going over the centre line...:brick:

Headbanger
21st February 2011, 21:14
I'd like to see what you'd do once you see 4-5 cruiser dudes with t shirts and open face helmets ride past you at 150km/h through a blind corner and going over the centre line...:brick:

wave.

Its all about the brotherhood:blink:

avgas
22nd February 2011, 08:42
Fuck saving his life..
But he could have a child or two, that would grow up without him.
Something tells me they can only benefit from losing this particular educator

avgas
22nd February 2011, 08:45
what actually happens when you get 555ed
They sneak into your house and take a dump in your snoring mouth.
You wake in the morning and your mouth tastes like shit for no reason at all.

Its basically run by the people who are failed tooth fairies.

White trash
22nd February 2011, 08:49
Now that just pisses me off. :angry:

No - not your comments, Jimmy; the R1 with the crossplane crank. There's a guy who visits a biker who lives near me, and he's got one. Sounds like a VFR, but looks and goes more betterer. Sorta the bike Honda should've brought out instead of the crappy Vtec and Shamu the VFR1200 whalebike.... :facepalm:

Just as well they don't make one with more sensible ergos, or I'd be in trouble with the wife for spending my insurance payout before she blows it all on house renovations... :innocent:

FZ1 with a cross-plane? Watch this space...........

He can, mate. Good wheelie monster he is.
It's finishing races that he has a problem with :Pokey:

Don't think he was talking about me Randy, thanks for the props though. I think.......

Smifffy
22nd February 2011, 09:02
They sneak into your house and take a dump in your snoring mouth.
You wake in the morning and your mouth tastes like shit for no reason at all.

Its basically run by the people who are failed tooth fairies.

Or the bastard that runs the local bar...