PDA

View Full Version : Wellington: Christchurch Quake Appeal Ride (Wgtn) (Sat 19 March)

blackdog
24th February 2011, 18:22
Christchurch Quake Appeal Ride

Event location
Porirua - Wellington - Lower Hutt

Christchurch Quake Appeal Ride

DATE: Saturday March 19th.
LEAVE TIME: 10:30am Police College Aotea Lagoon.
ARRIVAL TIME: 11:30 am The P n' J Lower Hutt
DONATION: $10 per Bike

With tributes and support coming in from around the world, now is the time to show how much we care about our own. There are thousands of Kiwis in Christchurch that need assistance now more than ever. A cash donation from bikers in the North Island will indeed help some of those who are going through desperate times.
All we are asking for is a $10 donation from each Bike.
The Appeal funds collected will be forwarded to the Salvation Army Earthquake appeal.

We urge bikers from the Horowhenua/Manawatu/Wairarapa and everywhere in between to get in a show your support and generosity for those devastated by the Christchurch Earthquake.

linky here to register your interest.
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=2760&day=2011-3-19

if you can't make it on the day but still want to contribute please use the reference 'wgtnquake' into this acc# (feel free to add your login in extra spaces)

M G James
010414-0050681-00
Bank is ANZ

Quasi
24th February 2011, 18:33
at last - been waiting for this. I know the lower North riders will ensure this is a success. see you all there.

Maha
24th February 2011, 18:41
Nice one blackdog, thank you for taking this on, all the best. :rockon:

blackdog
24th February 2011, 18:41
at last - been waiting for this. I know the lower North riders will ensure this is a success. see you all there.

:2thumbsup

link added to OP for registering

blackdog
24th February 2011, 18:47
Nice one blackdog, thank you for taking this on, all the best. :rockon:

cheers Maha, was a no brainer really, fact is they'd be doing exactly the same for us if situations were reversed

(always thought that we'd get the big one here, not CHCH)

Crasherfromwayback
24th February 2011, 18:47
But please...next time...try a Sunday eh? All of us in the industry simply can't make Saturdays work...and every extra bike/$10.00 helps! Hope you get hundreds of GC's helping the cause!!!

blackdog
24th February 2011, 18:52
But please...next time...try a Sunday eh? All of us in the industry simply can't make Saturdays work...and every extra bike/$10.00 helps! Hope you get hundreds of GC's helping the cause!!!

arrh sorry dude, just following aucks lead so the whole country was out on the same day

we can all drop in for a coffee on the way through if it makes ya feel any better?

Crasherfromwayback
24th February 2011, 18:55
arrh sorry dude, just following aucks lead so the whole country was out on the same day

we can all drop in for a coffee on the way through if it makes ya feel any better?

Aye...come by and grab my donation at least!

Big ups to all organizing such things.

Quasi
24th February 2011, 19:00
:2thumbsup

link added to OP for registering

Cheers Ian and well done for getting this going. Registered and ready:yes:

gunrunner
24th February 2011, 20:08
Yes it is a very good cause i will spread the word among fellow TOMCC members on sat ..

blackdog
24th February 2011, 20:10
Yes it is a very good cause i will spread the word among fellow TOMCC members on sat ..

much appreciated gunrunner

Footless
24th February 2011, 20:14
Thanks to all of you, all of Christchurch appreciates your efforts and thoughts.
By the grace of God we never have to do a ride for an earthquake like this in Wellington.
But be assured "We Would"
Rock on Fellow Bikers :rockon:

Mom
24th February 2011, 20:29

His coffee is not that flash though :pinch:

Sorry Pete :love:

Top effort that man!

Crasherfromwayback
24th February 2011, 21:29

Top effort that man!

Bullshit. I know you want it. The coffee...

coffeejunkie
24th February 2011, 22:06

Top effort that man!

The coffee may not be that good Mom but dam the views are great :D

blackdog
24th February 2011, 22:17
The coffee may not be that good Mom but dam the views are great :D

so many smart remarks i could make bout that one...so little time :yes:

trailblazer
24th February 2011, 22:46
i can't make it to auckland or wellington but i want to donate again. We have already donated to the red cross earthquake appeal could only manage $50 this week but i guess every dollar counts.

blackdog
24th February 2011, 23:36
i can't make it to auckland or wellington but i want to donate again. We have already donated to the red cross earthquake appeal could only manage $50 this week but i guess every dollar counts.

Mate you don't need to stretch yourself financially with this. You can do your part by making sure that every rider you know is very welcome to come along or donate too.

I will post details for maha's account in a sec on the OP.sorted

(use wgtnquake as a reference)

M G James
010414-0050681-00
Bank is ANZ

Maha
25th February 2011, 06:35
I will post the names (on the Auckland thread in post #2) of those who donated through the account say that they know thier money is received.

Gone Burger
25th February 2011, 06:49
See... Kbers ROCK!!! Nice work black dog.

Will be there with bells on - oh, ok, some cloths too. But, won't have a bike to ride. So am hoping someone could take me as a pillion?

Mom
25th February 2011, 07:00

Will be there with bells on - oh, ok, some cloths too. But, won't have a bike to ride. So am hoping someone could take me as a pillion?

I am sure someone will pick you up and put you in their pocket Katie :yes:

Number One
25th February 2011, 07:20
I am sure someone will pick you up and put you in their pocket Katie :yes:

:lol: she's only tiny ya wouldn't even know she was there!!!!

I'll be there - bike is legal now :shutup:

Will try to get some donations off family and friends to bring along too. :sunny:

Well done Biker community - such an easy thing for us to do to help out

AND will be nice to see BIKES holding up traffic round the inlet for a change too! Actually I guess that might not be the way we go - anywho whatever.

Crasherfromwayback
25th February 2011, 07:41

Forget the clothes. Ask for xtra donations if you go nakid!

johngalt
25th February 2011, 08:01
thank you so much guys....

blackdog
25th February 2011, 11:34
BIG thank you to coffeejunkie and ms piggy for getting the details to the radio stations for us :woohoo:

StoneY
25th February 2011, 11:51
Thanks Blackdog for making a dedicated thread

We will be alerting the other biker groups in Wellington to assist, ride marshals etc.

We see this as a united effort from all groups and applaud ALL the organisers for taking the initiative to get the first run in Auckland under way, inspirational indeed.
Ratti here on KB was first to hit our committee up to get behind one here in Welly (as far as I know) and I have been updated with correct information that Blackdog is lead organiser here in Welly

Not meaning to hi-jack anything here in any way, just to throw all our resources into this as support.

BRONZ are looking into getting a ride badge sponsored and made - and we have taken the liberty of getting that effort underway.

We also have started organizing some entertainment at the PnJ that will have a small door charge also to be donated - the bands will play free and our mates at PnJ are almost guaranteed to provide free venue but will update in this thread as we get confirmations

FYI we are seeking corporate sponsors for the badge manufacture - many bike shops are already tapped out and have donated very heavily for the BRONZ Easter Run and may not be in position to pick up these badge costs

Thanks all who will support this initiative

StoneY
25th February 2011, 12:00
Forget the clothes. Ask for xtra donations if you go nakid!

Guys, please be aware Christchurch coordinators are saying NO CLOTHES they have heaps and NO BLANKETS they have heaps of those as well

They want CASH
They have not the manpower to deal with material donations.

I work for a govt org thats at the coalface of this emergency, thats straight from the horses mouth team

KBers always unite so well in these times, I am very proud of you all, and Blackdog, great work mate.

Pete - maybe your shop could do a whip around, and provide ONE rider on the day as a visible support?
Also was hoping to get to Garry for some sponsorship - but hear he is away anyone esle you can point me at there????

PM me man

Brent

Bald Eagle
25th February 2011, 12:11
Info sent to Access Radio on the sunny coast. Flyer up at work.

Deano
25th February 2011, 12:12
Bugger - there will be 40+ of us at the cliffhanger hillclimb on 19th.

StoneY
25th February 2011, 12:18
Bugger - there will be 40+ of us at the cliffhanger hillclimb on 19th.

You could be the 'ambasador' at the Cliff hanger and do a collection there for us Deano????

Then put the cash into Maha's account to be passed on?

gunrunner
26th February 2011, 10:36
You could be the 'ambasador' at the Cliff hanger and do a collection there for us Deano????

Then put the cash into Maha's account to be passed on?

Just a thort but we could always incorporate the ride with them and call in there .
A Eartquake releif badge or patch is a brillant idea they will all sell .

gunrunner
26th February 2011, 10:38
I just wanna help the folk of Christchurch anyway I can, and I don't need a badge for that either.

Each to there own but i think its a brillant idea , as yrs later it will be there to show you and others that we pitched in and helped them in some way .

BMWST?
26th February 2011, 13:37

can offer a lift if required

old dog
26th February 2011, 16:28
I cannot join you all for the ride,but,would like to contribute a donation to the cause.I just need to know how to get the funds (card ) to some one.Old Dog,Selma,Ala.USA.lm241@bellsouth.net

Number One
26th February 2011, 16:32
I can confirm that the event at the Parrot n Jigger is going ahead on Saturday 19th from approx 12.00 lunchtime to end of closing. There will be badges sold as a fundraiser- if you dont wish to purchase then buckets will be on the bar to collect your donation. Possibly a cover charge also going to the Red Cross..

Great - this is the important information - the event will be a success no doubt and big ups.

I will buy a badge, someone else can have it.

BMWST?
26th February 2011, 16:55
Great - this is the important information - the event will be a success no doubt and big ups.

I will buy a badge, someone else can have it.

i tell ya what i will buy a badge but i wont take it,you give me yours:yes:

Number One
26th February 2011, 16:57
i tell ya what i will buy a badge but i wont take it,you give me yours:yes:

You want it you can ask the nice ladies for it :)

Number One
26th February 2011, 17:31
Isn't Stoney doing the ride thing and Ratti's crew doing the shindig at the PnJ?

StoneY
26th February 2011, 18:36
Isn't Stoney doing the ride thing and Ratti's crew doing the shindig at the PnJ?

To sort a few misunderstandings.

BRONZ Wellington (that includes Ratti as she ios on our commitee) is doing the gig at PnJ

Blackdog deserves ALL the credit for the ride organisation, and despite our personal histories, good work is simply good work and I commend him for the efforts taken.
BRONZ will be available to assist, and is getting a ride badge created to bolster the financial take (its NOT a BRONZ ride tho)

Hope that claifies?

PnJ has 3 bands on and gold coin collection for the duration of the gig
And a free venue
That is what BRONZ and the PnJ have arranged, rest is Blackdog's kudos, well earned too.

Way to go Ian, I look forward to riding with you again on the 19th, will you need Marshals?
BRONZ can ask a few other groups with the required experience to marshal if you like?

Ratti
26th February 2011, 18:55
I cannot join you all for the ride,but,would like to contribute a donation to the cause.I just need to know how to get the funds (card ) to some one.Old Dog,Selma,Ala.USA.lm241@bellsouth.net

Dont know if you can access this, but this is the a/c I got when I was talking with the Red Cross last week.

NZ Red Cross 2011 earthquake Appeal
12-3192-0015998-02

its the ASB bank. You must put the full name on it so it gets allocated to the correct fund.

hope this helps

Mom
26th February 2011, 20:58
Just to muddy the waters just a little bit more the funds raised from the ride that was organised is going to the Salvation Army. It even says so in the first post. The ride was a spin off from one that Maha is organising up here. Best you get that clarified.

Footless
26th February 2011, 21:06
Dont get uptight guys and gals,
Fire up the bikes, kick start your party heels, and get the gorse out of ya pockets.
Ride cause ya can
Party cause ya like to
and raise some money for those doing it hard in Chch cause ya want to.

Dont be scared to party, thats what bikers like to do, esp chch ones !!
Its sombre enough down here without you poor bastards getting morose on us.

We love your work and so appreciate you efforts, now get on with it and for fuck sake have a blast doin it

Fatt Max
26th February 2011, 22:55
Dont get uptight guys and gals,
Fire up the bikes, kick start your party heels, and get the gorse out of ya pockets.
Ride cause ya can
Party cause ya like to
and raise some money for those doing it hard in Chch cause ya want to.

Dont be scared to party, thats what bikers like to do, esp chch ones !!
Its sombre enough down here without you poor bastards getting morose on us.

We love your work and so appreciate you efforts, now get on with it and for fuck sake have a blast doin it

You're onto it mate

Hawkeye
27th February 2011, 12:31

Yes you will have a bike for this ride Katie..... The 500 is available, with a full tank of gas, a new wof and reg and raring to go. I will not take no for an answer.:mega::argue:

Hawkeye
27th February 2011, 13:44
My apologies for thread hi-jack but.....

A very good friend of mine in the UK is doing a sponsored swim for charity. I have agreed (gulp!!!) to match her. 3 miles a week for the duration of March (15 miles). I'm now looking for sponsors. All sponsership money will go to the Christchurch Earthquake fund via Westpac. Westpac have agreed to match everything a staff member donates. So come on guy's, back the cause and pledge. Just another way of helping those folks down ChCh.
I will start a new thread to cover this but thought under the cicumstances :innocent::o

Hawkeye
27th February 2011, 18:53
YES YES YES. there is a ride and a fundraising event.

But didn't this ride already happen yesterday.....:o:whistle:

Note to self....check the date before turning up at the meeting point. Ah well got me out of the house and on the bike..:facepalm::nya:

Ratti
27th February 2011, 19:04
O yeah, thanks for reminding me. Gosh it was so :facepalm: when You told me about how you turned up to go on the Earthquake appeal ride...yesterday.:doh:

So, you'll be a starter for the 19th then sweety?:done:

:rofl:

Mom
27th February 2011, 19:07
The Appeal funds collected will be forwarded to the Salvation Army Earthquake appeal.

if you can't make it on the day but still want to contribute please use the reference 'wgtnquake' into this acc# (feel free to add your login in extra spaces)

M G James
010414-0050681-00
Bank is ANZ

Until we can get a bank account number for Salvation Army direct any funds deposited into this account number will go to the Salvation Army.

Dont know if you can access this, but this is the a/c I got when I was talking with the Red Cross last week.

NZ Red Cross 2011 earthquake Appeal
12-3192-0015998-02

its the ASB bank. You must put the full name on it so it gets allocated to the correct fund.

hope this helps

Just to muddy the waters just a little bit more the funds raised from the ride that was organised is going to the Salvation Army. It even says so in the first post. The ride was a spin off from one that Maha is organising up here. Best you get that clarified.

This appears to have become a BRONZ gig now, all well and good, the cause is the same, but there is a clash of receipient organisations that needs to be clarified. Any money into the bank account listed in the first post is going to the Sallies.

Good luck guys, hope you raise HEAPS of money!

Ratti
27th February 2011, 19:11

Excellent point MOM.

I realise the Sallies have an appeal fund as well, but so does the SPCA,Westpac bank and umpteen other organisations...BRONZ will give all money we raise to the NZ Red Cross. Everyone else can get dollars to whichever distributor they desire.

It's all going to help the same people who need whatever we can get to them. As a poster has pointed out, these are real people with families, pets, mortgages and jobs. We are all part of the extended community and we bloody well give a toss, otherwise you'd have told me to shut up and piss off.

Mom
27th February 2011, 19:18
Excellent point MOM.

I realise the Sallies have an appeal fund as well, but so does the SPCA,Westpac bank and umpteen other organisations...BRONZ will give all money we raise to the NZ Red Cross. Everyone else can get dollars to whichever distributor they desire.

It's all going to help the same people who need whatever we can get to them. As a poster has pointed out, these are real people with families, pets, mortgages and jobs. We are all part of the extended community and we bloody well give a toss, otherwise you'd have told me to shut up and piss off.

So this IS a BRONZ ride now! OK, just clarifying where any money will go if it gets deposited into the bank account in the first post is all. Dont want any LEGAL SHIT happening to us for not putting the money where BRONZ said it was going. Make that really clear in further posts if you dont mind, we dont want to receive any fall out either.

junkmanjoe
27th February 2011, 19:27
I would have liked to join in on this event but saturdays work day for me...6 day contract.....

have done a donation for red cross, i was even offered work down there to help out.

JMJ

Ratti
27th February 2011, 19:33
awesome stuff, Id much rather dive in and do something hands on but there is nothing I can offer in the way of practical work. The complex allowed us use of all 3 bars and the courtyard for the entire day right up to closing time so we can get maximum number of people along during the course of the day. Perhaps you could join us after work for a short time? Welly is such a small community there is bound to be someone there you know.

Number One
27th February 2011, 19:40
The complex allowed us use of all 3 bars and the courtyard for the entire day right up to closing time so we can get maximum number of people along during the course of the day.

That's awesome :niceone:

I have a few not currently riding friends that might be keen to pop along to that.

RiderInBlack
28th February 2011, 05:54
I don't care who's running these as long as they happen and we raise funds for the Cantabs. Their need far out ways any other issues. When these rides happen I would like us to say we did them together as NZ'ers for NZ'ers.

Fatt Max
28th February 2011, 06:40
I don't care who's running these as long as they happen and we raise funds for the Cantabs. Their need far out ways any other issues. When these rides happen I would like us to say we did them together as NZ'ers for NZ'ers.

Got it in 1 dude, well said:niceone::niceone::niceone:

Bald Eagle
28th February 2011, 09:29
:niceone::niceone::niceone::niceone: Lets just DO IT.

blackdog
28th February 2011, 12:58

Sorry guys, I have only just caught up on this now, as we had a big weekend out n about in the hotrods for the carshows that were going on.

I'll talk to StoneY tonight and we'll sort it.

Apologies for the confusion, let's put that down to miscommunication and as mr nike (and mr baldeagle) says 'just do it'.

Ratti
28th February 2011, 13:00

Bravo dude

Flynn
28th February 2011, 16:40
Will try and made this ride if I don't have to work.
Great Idea, many Wellingtonians supported my ride last year for Ronald McDonald House, only fair to return the favour, but I must ask, why only $10 per bike (Sorry):msn-wink:

Ratti
28th February 2011, 16:43
Details to come. Soon.
Nice to have you on board, look forward to seeing you.

StoneY
28th February 2011, 19:33
Will try and made this ride if I don't have to work.
Great Idea, many Wellingtonians supported my ride last year for Ronald McDonald House, only fair to return the favour, but I must ask, why only $10 per bike (Sorry):msn-wink:

You can also buy the ride badge and if you like drop a fiddy in the collection buckets at the PnJ

The event there will be open to all public using the Station Village bars and Cafe's to maximise the collection take.

Of course we only want sober riders leaving the event, so if you intend to drink take ya bikes home and return by other means.
PnJ are giving their band over for the 3rd band, BRONZ has organised the first two bands, kicking off on our arrival.

Good food, good times, good cause, and I just spoke with Blackdog. He is grateful for us providing marshals, its STILL his Gig (the ride) ok all?

Its good to be a biker.....
Christchurch, we will do our collective best to assist with your re-building.
Thanks to all who have contributed positively, and to Ian for getting the ball rolling, whatever the inspiration.

I will post tomorrow with two websites setup by Internal Affairs to give full details on official government sponsored support systems for the quake relief, loads of good info there, just forgot to send the URLs home.

Brent

Virago
28th February 2011, 20:59
At the request of the OP, some posts which are no longer relevant have been removed, to reinforce the positive message of the thread.

Awesome effort guys, good to see this ride coming together. :niceone:

jonesy63
1st March 2011, 07:24
hi there, Count myself and the other half in. Cheers Jonesy GO CHCH

StoneY
1st March 2011, 11:44
Aye...come by and grab my donation at least!

Big ups to all organizing such things.

Just wondering....would making WMCC a stop as mid ride point be a good idea???

Positive feedback sought please - lets plan as safe a route as possible

blackdog
1st March 2011, 11:56

Big thanks stoney, ratti and bronz for getting in behind us to make sure this is going to be successful.

The thought of getting into town, and past wmcc had crossed my mind, how many bikes do we realistically expect?

Riding past might not be outta the question, in through terrace tunnel and out along the quays. If it's possible logistically it would be cool to ride through Wellington, but traffic will be heavy through there at that time too I suspect.

Crasherfromwayback
1st March 2011, 12:03

I think room is the issue mate

StoneY
1st March 2011, 12:46
True Crasher.

Ok as promised here is the two URLs from Internal Affairs that link to the official govt suppor pages
Ones just a facebook page

http://www.christchurchearthquakeappeal.govt.nz/

www.facebook.com/ChristchurchEarthquakeAppeal

chanceyy
1st March 2011, 19:57
Ok just to make sure I have the right end of the stick (and for a few others who are confused)

Ride $10 per bike (yes)
Badges can be purchased (cost is ? )
donation tins for the bands at P & J (no other door charges)?

just helps for ppl to know how much cash to bring esp those who budget :sunny:

now to check the Tri dates as have a tri that weekend as well :whistle:

You can also buy the ride badge and if you like drop a fiddy in the collection buckets at the PnJ

The event there will be open to all public using the Station Village bars and Cafe's to maximise the collection take.

Of course we only want sober riders leaving the event, so if you intend to drink take ya bikes home and return by other means.
PnJ are giving their band over for the 3rd band, BRONZ has organised the first two bands, kicking off on our arrival.

Good food, good times, good cause, and I just spoke with Blackdog. He is grateful for us providing marshals, its STILL his Gig (the ride) ok all?

Its good to be a biker.....
Christchurch, we will do our collective best to assist with your re-building.
Thanks to all who have contributed positively, and to Ian for getting the ball rolling, whatever the inspiration.

I will post tomorrow with two websites setup by Internal Affairs to give full details on official government sponsored support systems for the quake relief, loads of good info there, just forgot to send the URLs home.

Brent

Ms Piggy
2nd March 2011, 02:39
Can the badges only be purchased if you go to P'n'J after the ride? I'd like a badge but have other commitments so can't go to P'n'J.
Thanks, Ms Piggy

blackdog
2nd March 2011, 02:50
Thank you all for your support so far.

After brief consultation with the organising parties, we think the best route is as follows.

1030 leave Police College.

All assemble again at Caltex, Old Hutt Road to pick up our scooter friends, lets say 1100 ish (north of ngaio gorge lights), and all others that couldn't make it to Aotea Lagoon.

From here it is straight to the P n' J. We will decide if we go straight to melling or via the esplanade and cuba st depending on the hands in the air to muscle the lights for us.

Thanks all for getting behind us to make this work, I can't wait to meet you on the day.

blackdog
2nd March 2011, 02:52
Can the badges only be purchased if you go to P'n'J after the ride? I'd like a badge but have other commitments so can't go to P'n'J.
Thanks, Ms Piggy

I'll make sure there is one with ur name on it. Stay in touch sweet.

Ratti
2nd March 2011, 08:50
the badges will have NO REFERENCE to BRONZ. This is about the Earthquake Appeal, lets keep it that way.

Anyone can buy one, including punters at the Station complex. due to the short notice, our badge maker cant get these done in time. Order forms will be circulating with a pic of the badge ( the design is sorted ) pay us $10 on the day, and we will post it to you in about a month. We need a minimum of 100 orders, if we don't get that many, then your money will go directly to the fund as a donation.

Ian will be pleased that the BRONZ secretary has cleared up confusion regarding liabilities of the organiser. My bad on this one, I was confused about liability. I've been organising rides using the requirements for competitive events, and these are not necessary for an event of this type. Only requirement is good manners from participants and for riders to follow normal road rules, no blocking traffic, running red lights. The Police will be watching closely and ticketing anyone silly enough to try it on.

Im looking forward to meeting you all, do bowl on up and make yourself known. Im the tall middle-aged woman with waist length dreads. Probably riding Ducky on the day ( bright yellow hyper scoot )

see you all on the 19th

blackdog
2nd March 2011, 12:52
the badges will have NO REFERENCE to BRONZ. This is about the Earthquake Appeal, lets keep it that way.

Anyone can buy one, including punters at the Station complex. due to the short notice, our badge maker cant get these done in time. Order forms will be circulating with a pic of the badge ( the design is sorted ) pay us $10 on the day, and we will post it to you in about a month. We need a minimum of 100 orders, if we don't get that many, then your money will go directly to the fund as a donation.

Ian will be pleased that the BRONZ secretary has cleared up confusion regarding liabilities of the organiser. My bad on this one, I was confused about liability. I've been organising rides using the requirements for competitive events, and these are not necessary for an event of this type. Only requirement is good manners from participants and for riders to follow normal road rules, no blocking traffic, running red lights. The Police will be watching closely and ticketing anyone silly enough to try it on.

Im looking forward to meeting you all, do bowl on up and make yourself known. Im the tall middle-aged woman with waist length dreads. Probably riding Ducky on the day ( bright yellow hyper scoot )

see you all on the 19th

Thanks Ratti you are a gem. Not often something like this gets easier as it goes along!

Anyone organising groups from manawatu/horowhenua, and wairarapa to meet up with us? (don't want the aucks showing us up now do we?)

Ratti
2nd March 2011, 17:42
BD, it's a pleasure working with you hon.:niceone:

p.s. given the shocking weather this morning here in soggy Wellington, wots the plan in case its raining on the day. The gig at the Station Complex can go ahead, will you still ride regardless?

HappyGOriding
2nd March 2011, 17:49
Anyone organising groups from manawatu/horowhenua, and wairarapa to meet up with us? (don't want the aucks showing us up now do we?)

Yep comin down for this one and was planin on posting up some times and meeting spots on various threads to see if others want to ride en masse to starting point. If no one else does it sooner I'll do so closer to the actual date (like weekend before ride)

blackdog
2nd March 2011, 17:52
BD, it's a pleasure working with you hon.:niceone:

p.s. given the shocking weather this morning here in soggy Wellington, wots the plan in case its raining on the day. The gig at the Station Complex can go ahead, will you still ride regardless?

abso@#$%inglutely:)

it is liquid sunshine don't ya know.

Yep comin down for this one and was planin on posting up some times and meeting spots on various threads to see if others want to ride en masse to starting point. If no one else does I'll do so closer to the actual date

any help ya need let us know. if you can confirm a start time and place bigdave might just be able to get it on the poster *ducks*

MIXONE
2nd March 2011, 18:05
Being IT challenged I couldn't work out where to register for this ride but I'm in.

Quasi
2nd March 2011, 18:37
Being IT challenged I couldn't work out where to register for this ride but I'm in.

Its so simple even a girl can do it - go to first page and there is a link at bottom of opening post.:niceone:

MIXONE
2nd March 2011, 19:42
Its so simple even a girl can do it - go to first page and there is a link at bottom of opening post.:niceone:

It's easy for a girl because you always look down whereas a guy will always look you in the eye.:rolleyes:

Flynn
2nd March 2011, 20:31

I am seriously going to try my best to be there from the mighty Manawatu, will try to swap around my work roster if I have to, I will post up in our weekend ride thread and see how we go, or I will fly solo if I have too, see what happens

Bald Eagle
2nd March 2011, 21:52
I am seriously going to try my best to be there from the mighty Manawatu, will try to swap around my work roster if I have to, I will post up in our weekend ride thread and see how we go, or I will fly solo if I have too, see what happens

Great stuff , look forward to seeing a Manawatu contingent.

HappyGOriding
3rd March 2011, 11:50
Ok for all those heading down from Manawatu/Horowhenua/Kapiti there will be a group leaving from Levin BP at 9am stopping at Mobil Paraparaumu then heading off from there at 9:45 ish heading over picok hill and back down paremata rd to start point.
Everybodies welcome. Can pick others up along the way just pm me so I know to look for ya.
Cheers Richard

ynot slow
4th March 2011, 07:41

Hope to join ya if all things align.

Quasi
4th March 2011, 07:42
Thanks Richard - i will either meet you at Mobil Kapiti or leave from Rapa.

allycatz
4th March 2011, 10:08
Hope to be there but other half is due to start radiotherapy some time in next couple of weeks so will see how it pans out

Flynn
4th March 2011, 20:37

Sounds good, roster checked, I'm freeeeee:niceone:

Hope to be there but other half is due to start radiotherapy some time in next couple of weeks so will see how it pans out

Mate, all the best to your other half

Flip
4th March 2011, 20:59
Hi,

Can I get my hands on a badge also? More than happy to donate my $10, but would that be self serving, probably not. I would love to attend but I think Iwill be fixing cracked walls in the house.

Thanks from every body in Christchurch.

blackdog
5th March 2011, 00:28

Ok for all those heading down from Manawatu/Horowhenua/Kapiti there will be a group leaving from Levin BP at 9am stopping at Mobil Paraparaumu then heading off from there at 9:45 ish heading over picok hill and back down paremata rd to start point.
Everybodies welcome. Can pick others up along the way just pm me so I know to look for ya.
Cheers Richard

Sounds good, roster checked, I'm freeeeee:niceone:

Mate, all the best to your other half

Legends. :apumpin:

blackdog
5th March 2011, 00:33
Hi,

Can I get my hands on a badge also? More than happy to donate my $10, but would that be self serving, probably not. I would love to attend but I think Iwill be fixing cracked walls in the house.

Thanks from every body in Christchurch.

I will buy one for you, hold on to your cash bud.

PM me details where to send it.

Maha
5th March 2011, 07:44
I will buy one for you, hold on to your cash bud.

PM me details where to send it.

...and the spirit of giving is alive an well.

MIXONE
5th March 2011, 09:29
Bugger.My wife is off down to Christchurch as part of the Earthquake Recovery Team next week so I'll be at home with the kids.There goes any weekend rides for the next few months.:crybaby:

blackdog
5th March 2011, 09:36
Bugger.My wife is off down to Christchurch as part of the Earthquake Recovery Team next week so I'll be at home with the kids.There goes any weekend rides for the next few months.:crybaby:

No reason you can't bring the young'uns down to the parrot for a plate of wedges afterwards ;)

MIXONE
5th March 2011, 10:08
No reason you can't bring the young'uns down to the parrot for a plate of wedges afterwards ;)

That will depend on where the youngest is playing cricket but a bloody good idea.

blackdog
5th March 2011, 12:54
Posters delivered to all the bike shops this morning.

Cheers to motorad, tss, wmc and motomart for letting us put them up. gc's everyone of yas.

blackdog
5th March 2011, 13:52
Red and Black

Red and Black will be the colours of the day.
Flags/Ribbons whatever you want.

Let us know if ya got crusaders/ red n' black flags we can get them on the lead/tail bikes.

Ratti
6th March 2011, 11:08
That will depend on where the youngest is playing cricket but a bloody good idea.

I'll have my youngest tagging along and eating wedges while I sell badges. We can park the kids safely in a corner and let them get on with eating while we do Big Person stuff.

I know the PC crowd will be horrified, but the Station complex is a very family friendly place during the day.

MIXONE
6th March 2011, 11:24
My youngest is 11 so he's quite capable of emptying my wallet whilst consuming food.I'll see if I can do it for sure.

Oxy
6th March 2011, 20:18
Great cause, just registered and have added it to the Events page on the Triumph Owners site www.tomcc.co.nz thanks to the heads up from gunrunner

taff1954
7th March 2011, 03:32
Figure I need to get out for a good road trip. See y'all at the Lagoon an the 19th. Anyone else from the 'Naki looking to head down?

Paul in NZ
7th March 2011, 06:12
Crap - we will be out of town on our 'hols.... Have fun kids....

StoneY
7th March 2011, 11:41
I will be riding my red and black GIXA :-)

lockhead83
7th March 2011, 14:50
Count me in guys!! This will be my first group ride.. And for a NOBLE cause...

See u all.

nudemetalz
10th March 2011, 08:05
Me and the red Guzzi will be there :)

StoneY
10th March 2011, 10:23
Me and the red Guzzi will be there :)

Nice new paint job too mate!

On a very sad note - BRONZ Wellington could not secure sufficient fund support to manufacture thr ride badge
Let me explain

On all our 'charity' events that are not a singular BRONZ internal fundraiser, we get 'sponsors' for the badge so the full amount of the badge sale goes into the collection.
This happened with SPCA, its happening for our Easter run too

Sadly, all our usual sources are totally tapped out
Bike shops in Wellington have paid up heaps towards the Eartquake in other collections and there is nothing left to give

Ian's wife made a last minute attempt to get some funding from IRD but we have missed the deadline for badge production at EOB today

Costs are just over 500$ for the badges to be cast, painted and issued.

Without solid sponsordhip of at least 400$ this is a non starter, as the return will just not equal the outlay or the administration.
Posting them out post event again would swallow funding resources best allocated to the collection for the event.

Very sorry folks, unless we get a solid offer of 500$ or even 400$ sponsoship before 3pm TODAY - we just cant do the ride badge.

I know there was a lot of interest in the badge, and have beat my head on many walls in frustration over the shortfall.
To make it worth it, there has to be a sponsor and none has been found in time

Anyone who wanted a badge, please, just donate the extra at the aftermatch, or to the ride registrar at the Lagoon

My sincerest appologies for this, we really, REALLY tried and came up short.
Anyone finding a last minute sponsor PM detail as soon as possible.

Otherwise...sorry no badge (and the design tenderede was awesome too........)

Brent

Maha
10th March 2011, 13:18
On a brighter note, this months issue of Motorcycle Trader page 12.

blackdog
11th March 2011, 16:08
On a brighter note, this months issue of Motorcycle Trader page 12.

picked up a copy today. wicked!

blackdog
13th March 2011, 14:12
I will be riding my red and black GIXA :-)

now no promises, but if the stars align i may have sorted the badges. stoney i tried phoning you, if you can forward the design to me i can give it to the manufacturer for first thing monday morning.

Ratti
14th March 2011, 09:18
pm sent Ian.

Wannabiker
14th March 2011, 16:23
Back from CHCH earlier than expected...I will come along too. Red n black Ducati!!

maggot
14th March 2011, 19:28
I did the westpac ride the other week, looking forward to this one too, all for a great cause!
Look for the ratty little FXR!

Gone Burger
14th March 2011, 19:37
Goodie - looks like I'll be able to come along now. Looking forward to it

sels1
15th March 2011, 07:35
I hope to get along for a while too, if ducks line up

banditrider
15th March 2011, 12:08
I'll be coming down with the Palmy mob (hopefully Flynn will organise us). Looking forward to seeing heaps of bikes there!

Ratti
15th March 2011, 15:49
I hope to get along for a while too, if ducks line up

Plenty of ducks at the Pond. Just waiting for you to line 'em up. then what?

ynot slow
15th March 2011, 17:43
Looks promising for me too.must set alarm lol.

Flynn
15th March 2011, 21:02
I feel a convoy brewing

Spider
15th March 2011, 23:34
Got a funeral at 10am in Tawa, planning to catch up somewhere, at some stage...

nudemetalz
16th March 2011, 14:01
I feel a convoy brewing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5RI30RJIPk

Maha
16th March 2011, 14:08
The cop action in this is too funny....maybe they felt left out?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uZKe_1b7NPI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

blackdog
16th March 2011, 17:47
My first catch up in a few days, I've been working 12hr shifts and falling into bed when I get home. Awesome to see more riders getting geared up for a big ride!

Couldn't salvage the badges sorry guys, just no way to meet the deadlines unfortunately but hey it ain't about us anyway. Let's make it a monster day for the cause, and I'm thoroughly looking forward to meeting lots of you that I haven't seen before. Bring it on guys and gals!

Berg
16th March 2011, 19:49
All things going well I'm in:niceone:

HappyGOriding
16th March 2011, 20:58
Cheers Richard

For those interested this ride down there is still going as planned. Leave BP Levin just after 9am
Will be taking the Sth Manakau/Waitohu Valley rd to Otaki (because ya can) Will be at Mobil pram about 9:40 and leave shortly after, from there its about a 30 min ride via piekok to start point.

Should be a great day and hopefully a big turnout

devo
17th March 2011, 04:59
For those interested this ride down there is still going as planned. Leave BP Levin just after 9am
Will be taking the Sth Manakau/Waitohu Valley rd to Otaki (because ya can) Will be at Mobil pram about 9:40 and leave shortly after, from there its about a 30 min ride via piekok to start point.

Should be a great day and hopefully a big turnout

see ya at Kapiti.:)

allycatz
17th March 2011, 13:01
yippee, day off work and looks as though we be there now:banana:

blackdog
18th March 2011, 19:22
Lots of cameras and video recorders please guys, let's show the world that this is how Kiwis look after their own!

gunrunner
18th March 2011, 19:24
I spread the word around Triumph Owners MC Club (TOMMCC) have members from Welly, Phalmy and Wangas coming , some of us are leaving ANZA at phalmy at 9am if anyone wants to ride along , should be an awesome day for it ..

banditrider
18th March 2011, 19:49
Probably not going to be able to join in in the actual ride but will come down to make a donation and say gidday before heading off again. A bit of a shame as I'd like to be one of hundreds again...

Thanks to the organisers and all the best for the ride!

Bald Eagle
18th March 2011, 21:53
see ya at Kapiti.:)

see you there.

Quasi
19th March 2011, 05:59
Whats the weather doing on the Western side today? Do i need wets?

Mom
19th March 2011, 06:13
Good luck today folks! Have a great ride and we can compare notes later :S

Maha
19th March 2011, 06:35
Have a massive day Iain and everyone, as the saying goes '' We're All In This Together''.

blackdog
19th March 2011, 06:57
Good luck today folks! Have a great ride and we can compare notes later :S

Whats the weather doing on the Western side today? Do i need wets?

Have a massive day Iain and everyone, as the saying goes '' We're All In This Together''.

Blue skies and not a breath of wind! Hope the same to be said for Auckland, hope you guys have a pearler up there too!

devo
19th March 2011, 07:19
Do i need wets?

weather is good here Carla :)

BMWST?
19th March 2011, 14:33
I counted 105 bikes parked around the back at the P n J.Heres a pic of most of the bikes at The Lagoon.

blackdog
19th March 2011, 14:41
Awesome turnout guys! A huge thank you to everyone who came and gave their support and all who helped make it come together.

Also an extra big thanks to the lovely ladies pointing everyone in the right direction in the Hutt.

$1200 raised, Wellington (and everyone from further afield) you rock!

Gone Burger
19th March 2011, 14:42
A good day indeed. And Well done to you Ian for your top effort! Great to see a decent turn out, and always a pleasure to ride into town in convoy.

Quasi
19th March 2011, 14:45
I counted 105 bikes parked around the back at the P n J.Heres a pic of most of the bikes at The Lagoon.

Hi Paul - that must have been early as when we all left, both sides of the road were parked up. What a great sight!!

Quasi
19th March 2011, 14:50
well done Ian, for putting this together, and well done all the riders who came along and supported this fund raiser for Christchurch. Its always sheer joy to see a whole group of bikes and riders, moving in convoy, comrades in arms.
Bike riders are such an awesome group of people, all diverse but all together side by side, when others need help of any sort.

Ratti
19th March 2011, 14:54
Not far off on numbers. I got 110, not everyone parked around the back.

God Im hopeless at remembering y'all! Apologies to riders who chatted and I didnt have a clue who you are but you know me...:Oops: Would help if you keep the same bikes and facial hair guys!

Nice cruisey turnout folks. No incidents that I heard of. Hopefully the party is still going strong, totally gorgeous day to sit around in the sun and talk b*s. And isnt that what bikers do best?

Mom
19th March 2011, 15:04
Fantastic effort guys! We manaaged a bit over 300 bikes and a grand total of $4000 raised! Fabulous day out. Watch Prime news and Maori news tonight, they covered the event for us.

blackdog
19th March 2011, 15:07
as far as the eye could see :)

BMWST?
19th March 2011, 15:20
Hi Paul - that must have been early as when we all left, both sides of the road were parked up. What a great sight!!

yep the pic would ve been about 10 15,there were about 80 bikes there then.

banditrider
19th March 2011, 15:27
Glad to make the donation but sorry I couldn't join in for the ride. A couple of us rude Palmy guys had to be elsewhere...

Bald Eagle
19th March 2011, 15:35
Great weather, great turn out, well done Ian and all here's a pic at Aotea before the off

acidmax
19th March 2011, 16:03
Great effort on your part in organising todays run - and big thanks to all the helpers too :) Great turn out for a good cause - but we wouldn't have expected anything else huh :) Fab day for it... cheers

Mom
19th March 2011, 16:09
A glorious autumn day today saw several hundred motorcyclists turn out to raise money for the victims of the Earthquake in Christchurch. There were riders from Whangarei, Hamilton, Tauranga and Auckland that converged on the Muddy Waters Tavern at Mercer, and in Wellington 150 odd riders rode to the Parrot and Jigger for the same cause, the grand sum of $1200 was raised there.

The Auckland ride saw 275 riders gather at the BP at Dairy Flat. The gals from WIMA were standout collectors of donations in their pink jackets. After the rider briefing, we geared up and made our way down the motorway in convoy to Mercer. Watching the bikes stream to the parking area at Mercer, were dozens of riders from other areas.

More donations were gathered and counted and the organisers were able to announce that $4000 had been raised in Auckland for the cause. This money will be donated to the Salvation Army for use at ground level in Christchurch. The organisers, Mark & Anne James in Auckland and Iain Cook in Wellington, would like to thank everyone for their support and help today.

A brilliant day, with a fantastic turn out, and a wonderful amount of money raised.

Berg
19th March 2011, 16:58
Fantastic day:niceone: Was great to catch up with everybody and get to ride in a well behaved group.
Pokie and I decided a coffee in Featherston was the go afterwards and were saddened to see a Hyabusa rider laying on the Rumatakas waiting for an ambulance:shit: We got a thumbs up on the way past so hopefully all was well.
Great to combine a nice days riding with a bloody good cause

blackdog
19th March 2011, 17:59
http://www.primetv.co.nz/Default.aspx?alias=www.primetv.co.nz/news

Quasi
19th March 2011, 18:27

ride news is at 6.02 o thereabouts

Mom
19th March 2011, 18:30

Be good if we could seperate out the item eh, but all good. Pity they missed the money you guys raised too. Might flick them a message tot hat effect, but it most likely will be over looked.

Still, any opportunity to show bikers in a good light is all good by me :yes:

dangerous
19th March 2011, 19:07
hey... good shit guys, tell ya this for nothing for some every little bit helps, they will be starting from scratch again.

Hawkeye
19th March 2011, 19:15
Sorry to have missed this :ride: I'm sitting here in the UK celebrating my parents diamond wedding anniversary but thoughts were with you guy's. Great turnout and :niceone: to the organisers for a sterling effort.

Flynn
19th March 2011, 19:26
Glad to support you guys, well done!

Ratti
19th March 2011, 19:41
Sorry to have missed this :ride: I'm sitting here in the UK celebrating my parents diamond wedding anniversary but thoughts were with you guy's. Great turnout and :niceone: to the organisers for a sterling effort.

Your name did come up in conversation... shame you missed it. And after you were so keen the other week too!

dogsnbikes
19th March 2011, 19:43
Awesome day we left Wanganui around 8am numbering 6 bikes and headed to palmy picking up 4 more bikes at Anza and 1 more just north of Shannon and more bikes at Levin,by the time we got to Plimmerton we were numbering 16 bikes...where some of us fuelled up....then onto the laggon and before long we were heading to the P&J,

Good turn out and nice cruizy ride down the motorway and good to see old faces and meet new ones too....then it was off too WGTN MC as the harley in our group had lost a bolt (now thats a susprise:rolleyes:) then a trip up mount Vic and the talking point was the group of girls in Oriential parade one of which decided too moon us:drool:

after some mucking around the capital we headed back to Wanganui getting home around 7pm a little worse for wear but completely satisfied in our day and being apart of the Wgtn CHCH appeal:clap:

nudemetalz
19th March 2011, 20:15
Great day alright !! Fine weather, fine bikes, fine company and fine cause.

Here's a pic of some fine ladys making the Guzzi look hot !!

98tls
19th March 2011, 20:16
Great day alright !! Fine weather, fine bikes, fine company and fine cause.

Here's a pic of some fine ladys making the Guzzi look hot !!

What bikes:drool::rolleyes:Good on ya n.

taff1954
20th March 2011, 06:13
Had a ball yesterday, good to meet up with old friends, and to meet a few new ones. And all for a great cause. Well done blackdog with your efforts in the capital, and Maha in Auckland.

gunrunner
20th March 2011, 09:04
Awesome day we left Wanganui around 8am numbering 6 bikes and headed to palmy picking up 4 more bikes at Anza and 1 more just north of Shannon and more bikes at Levin,by the time we got to Plimmerton we were numbering 16 bikes...where some of us fuelled up....then onto the laggon and before long we were heading to the P&J,

Good turn out and nice cruizy ride down the motorway and good to see old faces and meet new ones too....then it was off too WGTN MC as the harley in our group had lost a bolt (now thats a susprise:rolleyes:) then a trip up mount Vic and the talking point was the group of girls in Oriential parade one of which decided too moon us:drool:

after some mucking around the capital we headed back to Wanganui getting home around 7pm a little worse for wear but completely satisfied in our day and being apart of the Wgtn CHCH appeal:clap:

Seems an awesome day alright , sounds like ya had a blast but i had to leave after the PnJ . For the record tho it was mostly Triumphs left their apart from 2 others , wats up with that ...:rolleyes:

gunrunner
20th March 2011, 09:08
Just found this on another thread , well done to who put this together ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4feH98LuRQ

Mom
20th March 2011, 09:10
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KzLd0tjyVYk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

gunrunner
20th March 2011, 09:34
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KzLd0tjyVYk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Couldnt find on trademe who is selling the patches , does anyone have a link ..

Maha
20th March 2011, 10:01
Couldnt find on trademe who is selling the patches , does anyone have a link ..

This is the person here..http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Helmets-clothing-footwear/Patches-badges/auction-362668217.htm
I cant see them listed anywhere but vadernz is them.

Gone Burger
20th March 2011, 10:45
Just found this on another thread , well done to who put this together ...

That was fantastic. Well done.

Huge thumbs up to all in Auckland and Welly who took part, and for those who organised it. Christchurch Kiwibikers, we are thinking of you, your friends, your families. We will support you as you rebuild your lives one step at a time. We watch with pride the strength that you all have, the positive perspectives, and you make us so proud to be Kiwi.

10 char guys 'n girls. Well done for making these rides happen.

Meanie
20th March 2011, 11:14
Well done to you guys, looks like a fantastic day was had with great results, Awesome :yes:

Fatt Max
20th March 2011, 14:58
Well done down there people, brilliant effort...:clap::clap::clap::clap:

SuperSonic
20th March 2011, 17:29
FMS of a day, many thanks to organiser's top marks:rockon:. Awesome turn out, did see alot of bikers going north on our way down???? Not sure were they are going, do they not realise Wellington is a shit load closer than AKL appeak ride??:blink::gob: Anyway got some photo's will post up soon.:corn:

Mom
20th March 2011, 17:33
FMS of a day, many thanks to organiser's top marks:rockon:. Awesome turn out, did see alot of bikers going north on our way down???? Not sure were they are going, do they not realise Wellington is a shit load closer than AKL appeak ride??:blink::gob: Anyway got some photo's will post up soon.:corn:

:wait: :wait: :wait:

See what icon I found :D

BMWST?
20th March 2011, 17:34
any count on the buckets yet?

blackdog
20th March 2011, 17:44
any count on the buckets yet?

i thought i told ya yesterday? twas 1205.80 or 1208.50 (i cant remember) but K will be bankin' it first thing 2moro.

Mom
20th March 2011, 17:56
i thought i told ya yesterday? twas 1205.80 or 1208.50 (i cant remember) but karleen will be bankin' it first thing 2moro.

As soon as I have the bank account suffix for the Salvation Army account set up for us (promised first thing in the morning) I will let you know what it is. How cool, didn't we do well :yes:

blackdog
20th March 2011, 17:58
As soon as I have the bank account suffix for the Salvation Army account set up for us (promised first thing in the morning) I will let you know what it is. How cool, didn't we do well :yes:

K is just gonna bank it straight into Mark's account in the morning, that way we can just make it a nationwide effort if it's ok with you guys.

and yup, i reckon we did do well:)

blackdog
20th March 2011, 18:03

:wait: :corn:

Mom
20th March 2011, 18:08
K is just gonna bank it straight into Mark's account in the morning, that way we can just make it a nationwide effort if it's ok with you guys.

and yup, i reckon we did do well:)

OH, ok...

We can pickk it up from there tomorrow.

I feel for James...

He must be run off his friggen feet!

Hi Anne,

Thanks for your e-mail. Unfortunately we have been able to get someone to be there on the day. We would like to provide you a letter of thanks and acknowledgement though after the event, a copy of which you can send to all the participants, if you like. Best of luck with everything and thanks so much for doing this for us.

Could you provide me with your address & phone number so we can load you in our system in order to assign payment. I will then provide you with the bank account number and a reference to put on the payment.

Kindest regards,
James

James Partridge
Marketing Manager
The Salvation Army
Phone: (04) 382 0744 Mobile: 027 217 6321
Email: james_partridge@nzf.salvationarmy.org

I will get the details in the morning and do an internet transfer tomorrow night. Great feeling eh to have done this, I am still buzzing :sunny:

Mom
20th March 2011, 18:10
:wait: :corn:

:corn: :corn: :shutup: :wait: :yes:

:sunny:

blackdog
20th March 2011, 18:15
OH, ok...

He must be run off his friggen feet!

Ain't that the truth!

All in good time I say, get to us when you have time. I know there are many important things to tend to.

(was a good buzz for us too... we got a damn good nights sleep:))

Mom
20th March 2011, 18:31

Sleep, I got an hour or so this afternoon :dodge:

Maha
20th March 2011, 19:59
Ain't that the truth!

All in good time I say, get to us when you have time. I know there are many important things to tend to.

Tell ya what, I was fooked by about 3pm yesterday. I dont feel I did anything that warranted the tiredness so early, must be an age thing..:facepalm:
Thanks very much Iain and all those who made yesterday happen....:woohoo:

BMWST?
20th March 2011, 20:16
i thought i told ya yesterday? twas 1205.80 or 1208.50 (i cant remember) but K will be bankin' it first thing 2moro.

no not the rego fee the buckets in side the p n J etc

sels1
21st March 2011, 07:29
Well done to the organisers
It was good to be there and catch up with a few I hadnt seen for a while.
(I had to duck off from the P&J early as I had other stuff on.)

oneofsix
21st March 2011, 07:32
Thanks for a great ride. Pity I could only remain at the P&J for one drink, looked like it was gearing up for a great afternoon.

taff1954
21st March 2011, 17:45
Few pics from Saturday here : http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/album.php?albumid=3998

blackdog
21st March 2011, 19:01
:doh: guess who can't count?

$1307 banked lunchtime today :rockon:

Mom
21st March 2011, 20:23
:doh: guess who can't count?

$1307 banked lunchtime today :rockon:

HI FIVE!!! Fantastic effort!

StoneY
22nd March 2011, 08:00
I will try to find out what the take in the Red Cross buckets at the Sation Village totalled...they were getting pretty heavy as well before the riders all finished lunch and vamoosed!

Was a great effort Ian, well done, very proud to have been of assistance mate

Oxy
22nd March 2011, 19:12

after some mucking around the capital we headed back to Wanganui getting home around 7pm a little worse for wear but completely satisfied in our day and being apart of the Wgtn CHCH appeal:clap:What he said.. an awesome day with good weather in Welly!! Great to see so many familiar TOMCC faces, a great turnout and good money raised. Well done!!

StoneY
23rd March 2011, 09:04
Add to toal take - the Red Cross Appeal buckets BRONZ placed at the 3 pubs around the Sation Village netted $503.20 which has been collected by Red Cross

:woohoo:

taff1954
23rd March 2011, 16:31
Add to toal take - the Red Cross Appeal buckets BRONZ placed at the 3 pubs around the Sation Village netted $503.20 which has been collected by Red Cross

:woohoo:

So $1810 all up for the day - Nice work, one and all.

Flynn
23rd March 2011, 20:39
Awesome stuff!! Well done to all involved, with money tight this year, great effort

See you all at the Ashhurst Inn Apiti Scamper 2011:woohoo:

SuperSonic
25th March 2011, 09:34
Man oh man you know some people work round here!! :violin: Photo's for you all enjoy. :yes::drinkup:235202235201235203235204235205235206

SuperSonic
25th March 2011, 09:40
And a few more...... :gob::sunny:235207235208235209235210235211235212

blackdog
25th March 2011, 22:25
And a few more......

Cheers SS, I'm sure I probably met ya on the day but she was pretty full on so next time introduce yerself!

Eyegasm
31st March 2011, 07:31
Hi all

NEW THREAD
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/136312-CHCH-Ride-Patch?p=1130024265#post1130024265

Cheers
Clint

Maha
31st March 2011, 07:36
Set up a separte thread...:yes:
She sold all she had on the day in Auckland.
I am in for two.

Quasi
31st March 2011, 07:39
Good on yah Clint - can you put me for one please. ta very muchly

nudemetalz
31st March 2011, 07:51
Yes please for me x 2