PDA

View Full Version : Any Java programmers?

sil3nt
3rd March 2011, 18:10
I may need your help. Doing final year java programming and i haven't done it for years (returning to study to finish degree).

So i there are any Java programmers out there i may have a few really stupid questions to ask!

I cant even get a JTable to work properly :facepalm:

James Deuce
3rd March 2011, 18:11
Java Sucks.

sil3nt
3rd March 2011, 18:49
Java Sucks.Indeed it does. You would think creating and populating a table would be rather straight forward but Java makes it difficult for no apparent reason.

BuzzardNZ
6th March 2011, 17:58
try google, plenty of java examples out there. It's what I do when stuck.

sil3nt
7th March 2011, 19:49
Yep all sorted. It's always the most basic things you miss.

davebullet
7th March 2011, 20:15
Java Sucks.

Agreed and almost as much as .NET

Grasshopperus
8th March 2011, 13:19
Java Sucks.

Indeed it does. You would think creating and populating a table would be rather straight forward but Java makes it difficult for no apparent reason.

Yep all sorted. It's always the most basic things you miss.

Are you going to say sorry to Java now?

There's nothing wrong with Java apart from the fact that it's now owned by Oracle. There are JVMs for all sorts of weird hardware platforms, a shitload of freely available libraries and heaps of useful learning resources out there.

Java is incredibly popular for a very good reason. People who say that any particular programming language suck, in fact suck themselves. It's like saying that hammers suck when trying to make a wristwatch; different tools for different purposes.