PDA

View Full Version : AK toy run

Jackrat
7th December 2003, 09:19
So who went,I hear 350 bikes turned up.
I wandered around the BMW parking area an met a few mates,a couple I hadn,t seen in twenty years,so that was good.There was bikes of all types,from the latest to some old Brit iron,When we left for the city.I sat behind a Velocette that must of come off the ark,sounded real nice on the gas but had a tiny tail light with no brake light,that took some keeping an eye on.
As I couldn,t fit a drum set on the bike I took a huge water pistol,
That should make some kids day.To bad about anybody that gets within twenty meters of em,.
I was a BRONZ member during the very first toy run twenty one years ago,That was every one for them selfs,Now of course the cops help out so the ride into the city was a cruise,with the on ramps and side roads,lights ect blocked off.I saw one nose to tail on the other side of the motorway,two cars parked in the fast lane,both drivers looking pissed with each other.
Wonder what they were looking at instead of the road,LMAO.
All in all a top day.
Cheers.

aff-man
8th December 2003, 08:10
Was on the way to play sport and see a few bikes heading down the motorway . My on -ramp was blocked so i decided to find out what -up. I asked official if it was the toy run he said yip and go join in. So as i did CK went passed. The official count was like 320-something but a few bikes had peeled off earlier. Went looking for some KBikers (CK had the shirt on) but couldn't find anyone. Ended up being an hour late but it was worth it :D

Coldkiwi
8th December 2003, 11:17
325 I think was the official count going up Queen St. Down on previous years... WHERE WAS EVERYBODY ELSE!? Awesome event even if all you cared about was seeing the cars all stopped at the motorway on ramps! Waving at passers by and kids is always enjoyable and if you get to play tunes on your horn as well with other bikers I count it as a great time!

Pearler of a day.

:D

PZR
10th December 2003, 11:18
I went along and took my son for the ride. We had a pleasant ride and felt like we did something worthwhile. A great day for it as well. Went into AMPs on the way home to have a drool. Might take one of them Buells for a ride and see what they are like, they look like fun.