PDA

View Full Version : Another newbie! (holdfasthope)

holdfasthope
6th March 2011, 20:55
Hi all,
Just wanted to say hi and start getting involved in the forum, seems like a great place to leech knowedge off of the community.
Got my BHS and learners in late November, but still haven't got a bike yet, although I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a good deal. I'm looking for something that has a bit of go, so that once I'm up to speed I don't feel like I need to replace it to keep having fun - any recommendations?

Cheers, and hope to be out there soon!

jtzzr
7th March 2011, 18:54
Welcome to the site, good luck on finding a bike , there`s always good deals to be found out there.
Make sure you take someone who knows something about bikes, or you may end up with a lemon.

p.dath
7th March 2011, 19:12
Welcome along. Lots of useful information, just take it all in and then consider what sounds likely to be true.

The Everlasting
7th March 2011, 19:26
Welcome to KB,always lots of bikes on Trade me.

mrmeal
7th March 2011, 20:24
hey mate welcome to the clan :) the bug will bite you and theres no going back! A friend of mine has a CB250 nice little up right rider, good sized rear tyre so plenty of foot print in the wet if you need it. I rode it out to his place in the weekend and loved it for a lil 250 ride. Much fun. Another friend borrowed one to join a few of us in a ride down to the Paeroa street races recently. It kept up on the open road with us plenty well enough, he is a fairly experienced rider, just without a bike at the moment. He thought it was a great unit as well, so much so I think he owns one now. You know though it all comes down to how you feel about it seeingas you are going to own it and ride it. test ride a few and see what you think. Another alright unit is the Suzuki gsx250 again a farily upright ride, but full fairing. Happy hunting!

holdfasthope
8th March 2011, 16:32
Cheers guys! With the price of gas going up the way it is I'll have myself a bike sooner rather than later :D

Gibbo89
8th March 2011, 18:27
Cheers guys! With the price of gas going up the way it is I'll have myself a bike sooner rather than later :D

How much do you reckon your keen to spend on a bike bro?

holdfasthope
8th March 2011, 19:25
I wasn't looking to spend more than 4k, but it all depends on how good of a deal it really is. I'd be keen to buy something newer if possible, just to take advantage of the yearly warrants rather than 6 month warrants but it doesnt matter too much

DrunkenMistake
9th March 2011, 23:41
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=357250514
great wee bike, I can maybe arrange something along the lines of splitting bike tranz 50/50 with you if you were interested, off the bat Tigertim20 kiwirider and hayd3n would most likely vouch for this bike, it is what it is no beating around the bush, infact I got told I was to critical.
If your interested by all means contact me.

holdfasthope
10th March 2011, 01:04
I've actually already eye'd your bike up! Transport wouldn't be an issue, I'd just make my way down there and ride it back up. The biggest problem I have with it is the fact that I can't really ride it myself without committing to an 8 hour round trip, and if the bikes not right for my size (1.7m, but I gots short legs) then it's a bit of a waste. But I'll definitely keep it in mind, if what I come across up here isn't comfortable or the right price I might have to head your way

DrunkenMistake
10th March 2011, 07:46
you wouldnt have an issue height wise, im 1.6 off the top of my head without looking it up, the seat hight it like 730mm and it sinks a little when you sit on it anyways,
and where do you live?, your thing says ChCh, its only a 5 hour ride if you stick to or go under the speed limit

holdfasthope
10th March 2011, 21:00
Yeah I'm in Chch. But I'd wana test ride it before I bought it obviously, and if it wasn't right for me for whatever reason it'd be a bit of a mission to come down just for a look. But ya never know, it might happen if I can't find anything here

DrunkenMistake
10th March 2011, 21:05
Fair enough,
Just let me know, the auction ran out tonight but it didnt sell so I have relisted.

holdfasthope
7th April 2011, 09:58
Got myself a Suzuki Bandit 250 yesterday. Went for a night ride to get used to it as the traffic in Chch is a bitch at the moment. SOOOO good!
See you all out there sometime!