PDA

View Full Version : KR150 cylinder head torque settings?

BAD DAD
8th March 2011, 07:43
Does anyone know the correct torque settings for the cylinder head bolts on a Kawasaki KR150a watercooled 2 stroke? I've searched the web for hours and still this info has evaded me.

Racey Rider
8th March 2011, 20:50
I've had the head off my KR's a few times, and found 'Firm' to be just right when doing them up.
By that I mean - It's only a single cylinder two stroke. It's not critical to have the bolts at a specific torque as it might be on a four cylinder machine. I've not had any issues as a result of the 'that feels about right' approach.
Just tighten bolts opposite each other, not going round in a circle if that makes sense.
Not a lot of info to go by online on the KR150, so, learn as we go it seems.
Cheers.
Racey.

RDjase
8th March 2011, 21:29
Does anyone know the correct torque settings for the cylinder head bolts on a Kawasaki KR150a watercooled 2 stroke? I've searched the web for hours and still this info has evaded me.

The head studs on my RD350LC are 18 ft/lb . 8mm studs , water cooled two stroke. your KR will be the same (ish)

I dont use the torque wrench on them now, Like racey says , firm and even and you will be right. Firm feels like 18ft/lb

BAD DAD
8th March 2011, 21:48
Cheers guys. Will try and get some garage time tomorrow night and get on with it.