PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about horsing around, just say neigh!

bogan
8th March 2011, 19:36
Any excuse for a good pun :D but heres some info too!

http://medicine.ucalgary.ca/about/horseback

horseys are apparently 3.4x as dangerous as motorcycling, and thats done per hour, imagine what the risk factor would be done per km :shit: or per horsepower :facepalm:

davebullet
8th March 2011, 21:10
I'm surprised this thread is so slow. Normally people would be champing at the bit.

bogan
8th March 2011, 21:12
I'm surprised this thread is so slow. Normally people would be champing at the bit.

maybe they took one look and hoofed it to greener pastures?

ellipsis
8th March 2011, 21:16
...may be just a lot of horse-shit...

Oblivion
8th March 2011, 21:21
And they wonder why the human population is growing exponentially. Jeez.... Maybe we should bring back these horse-drawn carriages.

bogan
8th March 2011, 21:27
And they wonder why the human population is growing exponentially. Jeez.... Maybe we should bring back these horse-drawn carriages.

i dunno, you gotta pony up serious cash for one of them

Oblivion
8th March 2011, 21:32
i dunno, you gotta pony up serious cash for one of them

And that is different from buying a bike how?

Just think. Distance will then be measured in bags of oats/ 100ks :woohoo:

ellipsis
8th March 2011, 23:01
..bag of oats only adds up to horshit too...

gijoe1313
9th March 2011, 12:09
Funny how this sort of thing always bridles people up, but as I say, horses for courses! It'd be a real nag if gubbermint got on it's high horse for this issue, they need a good whipping to keep them down. Now if we get saddled with the ACC levy for this, I daresay there will be a stampede of opinions! A real nightmare thats for sure! Oh shod it, I've run out of things to say, neigh, I think others will trot along to liven this thread up again!:shutup:

Hellzie
9th March 2011, 12:46
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

slofox
9th March 2011, 13:29
How much do equestrians pay in ACC levies I wonder..?

I suppose they'll trot out all sorts of reasons to continue paying none...

Str8 Jacket
9th March 2011, 13:43
Why the long face?

Clockwork
9th March 2011, 13:59
Did you have to go and stirrup the ACC issue again? It seems like this has been withers for ever!

Str8 Jacket
9th March 2011, 14:03
Did you have to go and stirrup the ACC issue again?

Oh, is this thread about the ACC issue? Man, that bloody Nick Smith..... don't get me started.

scott411
9th March 2011, 14:14
my sister grw up competing on horses, and myself on motorbikes and we both frequented emergency medical centres,

also alot more people are killed in horse based sports every year, than in all motorsports put together,

C.Linnell
10th March 2011, 08:28
Ohhh people blatantly missing puns makes me so happy.

Woooooshhhh.

I guess you can lead a KBer to water...

oneofsix
10th March 2011, 08:47
that screws the ACC blame game. The only thing they could levie is the riders safety gear, It bit back to front or horse before the cart.
The injury rate on four legged horses is much higher than the bike but how do the rehabilitation costs compare? Less road rash and therefore skin grafts from horse accidents perhaps. :shutup:

javawocky
10th March 2011, 10:47
Any excuse for a good pun :D but heres some info too!

http://medicine.ucalgary.ca/about/horseback

horseys are apparently 3.4x as dangerous as motorcycling, and thats done per hour, imagine what the risk factor would be done per km :shit: or per horsepower :facepalm:

There you have it, right from the horses mo.. :facepalm:

bogan
10th March 2011, 16:06
We actually had a horse leg in the workshop today, some vets were mashing it with the material testing equipment. I should have trotted out a few puns, but had a mare and couldn't think of any, oh well, there's still three more where that came from :yes: