PDA

View Full Version : Retail therapy is so good for the soul

Mom
11th March 2011, 16:37
I've done it :woohoo: I've done it :woohoo:

I have had one of the best days of my life today, and still came away with change from my allocated bike buying budget :banana: Not much change to be fair, but under all the same, and I have a new jacket/pants and boots along with one of the loveliest bikes I can sit on and still touch the ground. Ok, I have had to cheat a little bit :o but hey, I can live with that :yes:

I had 2 choices today, well 2 of each choice to look at. Today was all about finding what fitted me, I was not planning on parting with any money at all. I had my eye on a bike in Napier and wanted to tyre kick before committing to buying something I had not sat on :pinch: However circumstances were such, and things went so well I simply had no choice but to open my wallet.

First up to Colemans to look at a couple of Suzuki 650 Bandits they had listed on Trademe. Like I said no intention of buying as there was a really lovely one down the line I was keen on, I just needed to see if it fit. I do, in the same way I fit on my current ride which is ok, but not great. Hmmmm. I wonder if the ER6n is any lower? So off to have a look there. Nope, it is actually higher (though you can get a "low profile” seat). I went to the local Kawasaki dealer which is where I had my first big HI FIVE moment of the day. This thread should be read as a HUGE RAP for the places I visited today.

Mom
11th March 2011, 16:37
Experience Motorcycles - Henry Plowright, what a nice chap. Did not know too much about the Kawasakis but was a wealth of knowledge about sneaky ways to make yourself taller, he being short of stature too. His trusty side kick though did tell me that there is no way to lower the ER6 except to look at replacing the shock with Ohlins stuff. Well without casting aspersions on the product, the price of it and my budget/riding style does not warrant that kind of outlay. Henry suggested getting my boots "raised" making me taller. I had already asked the question about my current boots and they can’t be raised, but it occurred to me that I could buy some new ones that could be raised. Henry gave me the name of a wonderful cobbler in Newmarket who did his boots for him. But first off I needed to go to Motomail.

Motomail - Elliot, what a great salesman he is. Not pushy, very helpful and knowledgeable, and managed to make a fat, old woman feel good despite having to try on every pair of friggen pants in the store almost :pinch: Thank you Elliot, I was getting a bit :( but you kept on finding options for me until we found one that worked. I cannot speak highly enough of him. Remember here that I only wanted to buy boots, well I thought seeing as I was there, and considering I was getting a new bike, I deserved new gear :laugh: Woman’s logic that :sunny: I also talked myself into a new jacket :shit: As did Maha :yes: We got an awesome deal from Motomail, thanks guys, I will be stand out, drop dead shexy as, in my new gear :D

Mom
11th March 2011, 16:38
So into Newmarket we go, looking for “The Shoe Sheriff”, and some kai, shopping makes you ravenous :yes: Bellies full, we wandered along Broadway, me carrying my new bike boots and wearing my old ones for effect. No idea why we were getting some “looks” from the ladies strolling along, but hey, each to their own. The Shoe Sheriff aka Peter and his team are simply wonderful :yes: Honestly guys, this is like the cobbler of old that we had in Howick when I was a kid growing up. Great personal service and a fantastic result. I am getting my boots soles filleted which gives me an additional 12mm of height in the sole, the new boots are higher than my old ones too which helps. They have a bit of a wait list, but I expect to have the boots couriered back to me within 2 weeks. Awesome stuff!

So back to Colemans now, I want to see of that extra 12mm will in fact work. Here is where the very lovely Daryl Priestly comes into the equation, well to be fair he was already there but this time I made him work :yes: Sit on bike, get out tape measure, measure distance from boot to floor, blah, blah, blah. The bike is gorgeous, I don’t want the one in Napier anymore, I want this one, and I friggen fit it to boot! So I got him to sharpen his pencil and we talked money. He talked good money and great service to boot, I really could not say no, so I didn’t!

Mom
11th March 2011, 16:38
I HAVE A NEW BIKE!!!!

She is blue, a very pretty blue, and has a Micron pipe on her, so she sounds yummy :drool: She is being fitted with a Ventura pack rack and needs a service and a bit of touch up stuff done. She needs a new WOF and will come with 6 months rego. I took a side frame cover with me today, as she also comes with a Givi screen I want to get it painted the same colour as the bike. I stupidly thought any painter can do that, but my painter friends up here tell me otherwise. So now I have to get the bits back to Auckland, once I find a painter. Any tips?

My boots will take 2 weeks, my paint stuff will take two weeks. My schedule allows me to get back to the shitty city in 2 weeks time. Hopefully the planets will align and I will have my baby home then.

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions, advice, abuse and general lovin’ :yes: You also rock!

One day I will get my hands on my dream bike, the dream however carried me to a place that I am very, very happy with.

98tls
11th March 2011, 16:40
Good for you,congrats have fun and pics eh.:banana:

MrKiwi
11th March 2011, 16:43
Snap it - Any pics?

steve_t
11th March 2011, 16:46
Grats Mom! :niceone:

ducatilover
11th March 2011, 16:55
Great stuff Mom! Keep it sparkling and shit.
Pics?

Maha
11th March 2011, 16:57
Here is the trademe listing....this is the bike.
As you can see the Givi screen needs to be the same colour as the bike.
Colmans, in particular Daryl was most excellent to deal with...:cool:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-278609121.htm

98tls
11th March 2011, 17:00
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-278609121.htm

Looking good,dont mind the fairing in black to be honest,then again what do i know my bikes lamb shite yellow.:nono:

Laava
11th March 2011, 17:02
So Ann did you get a new root?

bogan
11th March 2011, 17:02
Great news! and it looks pretty fookin mint, despite having too many cylinders, and too many sides to your swingarm :bleh: very nice paint job though

Maha
11th March 2011, 17:04
Looking good,dont mind the fairing in black to be honest,then again what do i know my bikes lamb shite yellow.:nono:

It is a fine example and the last digits on the odometer are 777 which is weird cos' the seat height on Annes current bike is 777....call it fate?
Heres the jacket that I got, REV'IT Ignition...
http://www.motomail.co.nz/estore/style/rvjkignition.aspx

colonel
11th March 2011, 17:07
nice ride mom. its cool when things just fall into place

98tls
11th March 2011, 17:11
It is a fine example and the last digits on the odometer are 777 which is weird cos' the seat height on Annes current bike is 777....call it fate?
Heres the jacket that I got, REV'IT Ignition...
http://www.motomail.co.nz/estore/style/rvjkignition.aspx

Loving the leather mate,ive had a high end cordura jacket for years now which has served me well but..........nothing like a bit of leather eh.:baby:

sil3nt
11th March 2011, 17:12
This is why i hate motorcycle sales people.

His trusty side kick though did tell me that there is no way to lower the ER6 except to look at replacing the shock with Ohlins stuff

Really so what is this then? http://motowerk.com/ER6loweringkit.aspx

Might not have lowered it enough but he could have at least looked for a kit.

Congrats on your new bike. Nice colour.

MadDuck
11th March 2011, 17:26
I am getting my boots soles filleted which gives me an additional 12mm of height in the sole.....

HA! Dont ever call me a hobbit again! :cool:

Very cool news indeed about the new ride - damn good feeling I bet.

Smifffy
11th March 2011, 17:28
Congratulations. Sweet ride!

I read the below as have fun and pies. It made sense to me ;)

Good for you,congrats have fun and pics eh.:banana:

Mom
11th March 2011, 17:32
So Ann did you get a new root?

I can never stray from my first root Laava. It will forever be close to my heart. I am so fat I am back in the pants that I squatted in your gargre in, I am not sure my new employers will appreciate me doing the same on their carpet :pinch:

No, I still treasure your root, I just have another jacket and pants that fit my fat arse, your root is still my standby :yes:

Congrats on your new bike. Nice colour.

I was not so sure I would like it, in photos it looks flat and insipid, in person it looks :drool: I am happy camper.

Mom
11th March 2011, 17:34
Really so what is this then? http://motowerk.com/ER6loweringkit.aspx

OMGoodness! Lucky I liked the Bandit over the Er6 eh?

Reckless
11th March 2011, 17:35
Congrats mom nice bike! You'll be leaving every one behind on that!

SPP
11th March 2011, 17:49
We’ve never met in real life but you seem like a nice person. I was hoping a good bike would come up for ya soon. Yay it has, congratulations!
Feel good much?!! :D

Oh, I was also wondering only a couple of days ago where I could find an old time cobbler who could resole my boots… now I know. Choice!

Mom
11th March 2011, 17:52
HA! Dont ever call me a hobbit again! :cool:

I cant call you a hobbit, you are too short apparently!

And yeah, not sure how I will manage the wait.

Gubb
11th March 2011, 17:59
Platform Boots?
Awesome.

Bike's a stunner. Great choice!

Mom
11th March 2011, 18:30

That pic does not do my blue lovely any justice :nono:

Great news! and it looks pretty fookin mint, despite having too many cylinders, and too many sides to your swingarm :bleh: very nice paint job though

You dirt riders are very "special" eh? :love:

It is narrower than my cuurent IL4. If I was younger and oh, I am in the shit for this comment, braver, I would not worry so much. As it is I am my age and not fit, and she fits me.

That was confirming, I did not see it, but Daryl did! Frankly by that time it was a done deal :yes:

Loving the leather mate,ive had a high end cordura jacket for years now which has served me well but..........nothing like a bit of leather eh.:baby:

I used to wear leather, it was all we had apart from Line 7 roots :D In recent times I have worn codura, it works for me, dry, warm etc. I want leather but knowing the weather commute I am facing 5/7 , and the fun I hope to have on 2 wheels in the future on weekends I want dry. I have a Codura jacket that does not leak, I replaced it for the want/wank factor :o I am about to start a thread to find my jacket a new home.

Congratulations. Sweet ride!

I read the below as have fun and pies. It made sense to me ;)

Pies were the reason I needed new pants :pinch:

Congrats mom nice bike! You'll be leaving every one behind on that!

No, I will still be the pootler, for that is what I am. Speed does not do it for me, though I dont mind fast. In fact fast is very exhilerating in the right place at the right time. I prefer to be mid bunch. I am not into speed for speeds sake.

Platform Boots?
Awesome.

Bike's a stunner. Great choice!

You should have seen the shoes at Shoe Sheriff! OMG :gob: I LOVE shoes but give me strength!

How will I wait?

Latte
11th March 2011, 18:37
Bike looks awesome (update your profile) , blues a good colour (update your profile).

Cool that you found a bike that fits, and had a good day out (update you profile).
Bet those Buell's will still be for sale the next time you upgrade (update your profile).Do you think subliminal messaging works? (update your profile)Oh, you should update your profile (update your profile)

:D

vifferman
11th March 2011, 18:44
Noice boik, Ann. Congratumalations! :niceone:

ynot slow
11th March 2011, 19:23
Bet ya can't wait till easter now.

Mom
11th March 2011, 20:20
:D

Yeah, yeah, yeah :lol: Soon :yes:

Noice boik, Ann. Congratumalations! :niceone:

Convince you to come for a pootle out one of these weekends? Love to stroke myself in tame company, I quite like it in rude company too, but I will bring Maha to cover off that base :D

Bet ya can't wait till easter now.

We are heading south Easter I thought. You want me to stay away? Fine then...:love:

zeocen
11th March 2011, 20:22
Congrats Mom!!!
Having also purchased a 4cyl 600cc bike today I can relate to your excitement! It's a wonderful capacity medium :clap::clap:

nallac
11th March 2011, 20:27
so much ya want for BB?...i could do with a project.

Mom
11th March 2011, 20:38
Congrats Mom!!!
Having also purchased a 4cyl 600cc bike today I can relate to your excitement! It's a wonderful capacity medium :clap::clap:

Congratulations! We ride a well underestimated BEAST :blip:

so much ya want for BB?...i could do with a project.

I believe we are talking $1 reserve.

MaxCannon
11th March 2011, 20:45
Great story.
I too vouch for Motomail, Experience, Colemans and Bandits.
Flicked my Bandit 600 about a year ago but have fond memories.

My office is just down the road from Colemans.
Will expect to see a blue bandit pulling mono's and stoppies sometime soon.

James Deuce
11th March 2011, 20:46
Bloody Brilliant. I'm very pleased for you.

ynot slow
11th March 2011, 20:49
We are heading south Easter I thought. You want me to stay away? Fine then...:love:

Hell yeah Forgotten H/way and you'll enjoy it and tell ya mates,then it'll be like dorkland,already bus traffic lol.Have fun hopefully weather is good so you can go for ride.

nallac
11th March 2011, 20:51
I believe we are talking $1.

sold...............................

HenryDorsetCase
11th March 2011, 20:55

Thats a fantastic colour. looking good with the black wheels n motor too.

Enjoy!

Mom
11th March 2011, 21:07
Great story.
I too vouch for Motomail, Experience, Colemans and Bandits.
Flicked my Bandit 600 about a year ago but have fond memories.

My office is just down the road from Colemans.
Will expect to see a blue bandit pulling mono's and stoppies sometime soon.

I am not so sure about the stoppies, I have never done one of those. The only wheelies I have done have been accidental. Scarey shit and hell fun, but not on purpose. Though sometimes I may have experimented :innocent: I am too old to consider learning how to do them "properly" I reckon that is something you get in your YOFF, far too far too for me. I have always been of the opinion that they are not big, and they are not clever.

Bloody Brilliant. I'm very pleased for you.

I am bloody pleased for me too! Thanks for any help you may have given too :love:

:love:

Maha
11th March 2011, 22:01

With that kind of offer I will throw in the bag of left overs for free...:cool:

Nasty
12th March 2011, 05:23
great news Mom .... looks really lovely!

hayd3n
12th March 2011, 09:10
ditch the givi and get one of these
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=330470&id=602140228#!/photo.php?fbid=10150141306035229&set=a.10150142913085229.330470.602140228&theater

boman
12th March 2011, 17:02
Congratulations on the new scooter. I agree about Motomail. A very helpful bunch up there. As for Colemans, Man have they improved in their sales department. I could not beleive it last time I was there. Service. WTF. Thats unusual in there. Usually you had to steal a bike before they would come up to you.

Well done Mom..Very cool bike.
:clap::clap::banana:

phill-k
12th March 2011, 17:32
I HAVE A NEW BIKE!!!!

My boots will take 2 weeks, my paint stuff will take two weeks. My schedule allows me to get back to the shitty city in 2 weeks time. Hopefully the planets will align and I will have my baby home then.

true delayed gratification, that first ride home will be pure pleasure - enjoy:drool:

Mom
12th March 2011, 20:12
true delayed gratification, that first ride home will be pure pleasure - enjoy:drool:

I know :yes: The wait will be endless...

Imagine the pleasure when I finally get to ride her *sigh*

FJRider
12th March 2011, 20:24
I know :yes: The wait will be endless...

Imagine the pleasure when I finally get to ride her *sigh*

The first ride is always a pleasure ... If you know what I mean ... :banana:

oop's wrong thread ... :innocent:

James Deuce
12th March 2011, 20:28
Two weeks eh? There may be a confluence of events.

nallac
12th March 2011, 20:29
The first ride is always a pleasure ... If you know what I mean ... :banana:

oop's wrong thread ... :innocent:

shoulda bought a Buell Mom.. first and and every subsequent rides a pleasure...
the same as sex

shit i've owned mine for a year an a half and have no notion of replacing it.......nothing out their that pushes my buttons..
tho in saying that i doooo want to add another Buell or 3 to the stable.

Toaster
12th March 2011, 20:38
I HAVE A NEW BIKE!!!!

Great to hear that news Anne! Can't wait to see it sometime soon.:clap:

Ocean1
12th March 2011, 20:39
Congratulations m'dear, nice machine.

not sure how I will manage the wait.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JxPbu5LtXo4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

merv
12th March 2011, 20:40
Looks great. How come they say this in the TradeMe Ad?

"
<TABLE class=ListingAttributes id=ListingAttributes><TBODY><TR><TH id=ListingAttributes_AttributesRepeater_ctl06_ltHe aderRow>Year: </TH><TD>2006 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
This SUZUKI GSF650 BANDIT will come with a new 6 month W.O.F"

If it is 2006 it should be able to have a "new" 12 month WOF until its rego birthday in 2012 taking it through until 2013.

Maha
12th March 2011, 21:09
If it is 2006 it should be able to have a "new" 12 month WOF until its rego birthday in 2012 taking it through until 2013.

I thought that only applies to brand new bikes, and for three years only?
Which means the 06' Bandit 12 month WOF period ran out in 09'?

Gremlin
12th March 2011, 21:16
First 6 years you can have a 12 month WOF

Maha
12th March 2011, 21:24

Perhaps the salesman did not know that. I thought it was three years but there ya go, ya know what thought thought?

Mom
12th March 2011, 21:28

Good to know. Thank you for your help today too. You want to guess what crapped out immediately you left? Put you out of your misery, the friggen brand new replacement hub that replaced the first one that crapped out the first time it was plugged in is about to join its brother.

FFS two hubs in two weeks and only one port being used. Look out DSE tomorrow. Mom is NOT happy :lol:

Edbear
12th March 2011, 21:28
Well, ya go away for a couple of weeks and this happens.... :blink:

Have to say it couldn'ta happened to a nicer person, though. :yes:

Congrats on the bike, sorry it's not a Bouelvard, but it is a Suzuki and will be bullet-proof for as long as you want it to be! :first:

Mom
12th March 2011, 21:29
Well, ya go away for a couple of weeks and this happens.... :blink:

Have to say it couldn'ta happened to a nicer person, though. :yes:

Congrats on the bike, sorry it's not a Bouelvard, but it is a Suzuki and will be bullet-proof for as long as you want it to be! :first:

It only has 13777 kms on the clock Ed, hardly been used. Rego on hold since 2009.

gijoe1313
12th March 2011, 21:33
Mom, congrats on the new bike - you and Maha have worked hard for every single thing you wanted. It's good to see you enjoying the fruits of your labour!

As for getting Gremlin in to help :oi-grr: You know how it is with him! Everything is hunky-dory when he is around, but as soon as he leaves you are up the jacksy!

Enjoy the new bike and for gawd's sake, don't let Gremlin anywhere need it! :shit:

Edbear
12th March 2011, 21:34
It only has 13777 kms on the clock Ed, hardly been used. Rego on hold since 2009.

Just nicely run-in for you then! :yes: S'long as you start with an empty bag of points, you should be okay, they are quite quick if my GSX-F was anything to go by... :rolleyes:

Mom
12th March 2011, 21:35
Two weeks eh? There may be a confluence of events.

Cool Beans J2, fingers crossed!

Mom
12th March 2011, 21:53
Congratulations m'dear, nice machine.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6svEdDPCJIg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fanks, I think so too :yes:

Gremlin
13th March 2011, 04:36
Put you out of your misery, the friggen brand new replacement hub that replaced the first one that crapped out the first time it was plugged in is about to join its brother.
Just check with something basic plugged in, like the mouse. Some devices (printers are most common) hate being plugged into a hub, then into the laptop, and want to be plugged in direct.

As for getting Gremlin in to help :oi-grr: You know how it is with him! Everything is hunky-dory when he is around, but as soon as he leaves you are up the jacksy!
oi you, I helped her transferring and setting up emails, data, accounting software, printer and dual screens... I broke nothing. I think that's some sort of record. :clap:

Mom
13th March 2011, 06:41
Just check with something basic plugged in, like the mouse. Some devices (printers are most common) hate being plugged into a hub, then into the laptop, and want to be plugged in direct.

No, it is terminal, the friggen thing has no little green light on anymore saying it is on. No matter where I plug into power it wont go. Same terminal fault as the last one.

pc220
13th March 2011, 08:10
Bloody Colemans pulled the same trick on me. Only ever been in their once, with no intention of buying a bike. Came out with a nice shiny Bandit as well.

yungatart
13th March 2011, 09:45
Very nice, Anne! Here's hoping you have a long and happy relationship!

trailblazer
13th March 2011, 10:01
congrats on the new bike Mom. Looks nice in blue and it wont be hard to paint that givi screen either it should only set you back $80 to $100 to get it sorted. Man i only had to wait 4 days for my new bike to arrive and get put together and that seemed to take forever to come around. The right bike always comes to the right person even when your least expecting it. :cool:

martybabe
13th March 2011, 10:46
So very pleased for you, she will serve you well for all the requirements you itemised elsewhere, dem bandidos is bullet proof. Does the blue pearl have a name yet?

Mom
13th March 2011, 15:56
So very pleased for you, she will serve you well for all the requirements you itemised elsewhere, dem bandidos is bullet proof. Does the blue pearl have a name yet?

No, not yet, but no doubt she will make her name clear when I have her home. At the moment she is just MY BIKE :sunny:

I rang Colemans yesterday, Daryl answered the phone and I asked hm if my bike was ready to pick up :lol:

Hope he has a good sense of humour incase I am moved to do it again :shit:

Yeah, good things come to those that wait. I am so pleased, I cant tell you. I cant wait to ride her. I have upgraded all the gear too, so a daily commute is well on the cards :sunny: Imagine having to ride 90 odd kilometres everyday on something as lovely as that.

Look out too, we are heading down your way soon.

Mom
13th March 2011, 16:00

The very nice young man at DSE called me special today :shit: Apparently I am the only one that has had this happen two - twice no less. His comment - oh, look there is no power getting to it. No shit sherlock! I coughed up another $25 to get a better one. All is up and running. Cable ties are deployed, hub is functioning, keyboard/mouse/printer all good to go. Just working on getting Skype to work, I have reverted back to my old web cam, the mic on the lappy sucked bottom.

Thanks for yesterday, much appreciated.

Fatt Max
13th March 2011, 16:25
Great news on the bike, its a corker and no mistake.

Enjoy......:clap: :banana: :clap: :banana:

Mom
13th March 2011, 16:37
Great news on the bike, its a corker and no mistake.

Enjoy......:clap: :banana: :clap: :banana:

I am not sure how I am going to contain myself to be fair. But patience is a virtue, and I am a patient person, I can wait a long time to get where I want to be.

Maha
13th March 2011, 17:00
When the boots are ready and the bike is ready I dear say we will be sitting on Colemans doorstep waiting for them to open..:rolleyes:

Fatt Max
13th March 2011, 17:07
When the boots are ready and the bike is ready I dear say we will be sitting on Colemans doorstep waiting for them to open..:rolleyes:

Ok, I have a mental picture building here......stand by...

Ommmmm.......ommmmm.....

Right then,

Two people, all in leather, shiny boots, sitting on the floor, early in the morning....K Road......

Yeah, that will work....:drool:

If you are sitting on their doorstep, look up the hill to K road, there is a cafe by a lamp post on the other side of the street, that is where I tried to look cool and ride away with my steering lock still on.....about 3 years ago......oops.....

Maha
13th March 2011, 17:11
Ok, I have a mental picture building here......stand by...

Ommmmm.......ommmmm.....

Right then,

Two people, all in leather, shiny boots, sitting on the floor, early in the morning....K Road......

Yeah, that will work....:drool:

If you are sitting on their doorstep, look up the hill to K road, there is a cafe by a lamp post on the other side of the street, that is where I tried to look cool and ride away with my steering lock still on.....about 3 years ago......oops.....

I didn't mention the giggy gig dancing and cheesy smile to complete the scene...:banana::D:D

FJRider
13th March 2011, 17:12

No tinted visor ... huh ... ??? :cool:

Fatt Max
13th March 2011, 17:16
No tinted visor ... huh ... ??? :cool:

No, just me on my L plates trying to impress a chick in the cafe who admired my bike

And yes, I am a twat......

FJRider
13th March 2011, 17:21
No, just me on my L plates trying to impress a chick in the cafe who admired my bike

And yes, I am a twat......

Don't fret it ... chicks that are impressed as easily by a dude on an L plated bike ... arent worth worrying about ... :cool:

However ... you may have brightened HER day though ... :clap:

Fatt Max
13th March 2011, 17:23
Don't fret it ... chicks that are impressed as easily by a dude on an L plated bike ... arent worth worrying about ... :cool:

However ... you may have brightened HER day though ... :clap:

Yep, hers and all the other people who spotted it from the bus that was going past....

Still, back on topic.....nice bike eh.....

Mom
13th March 2011, 18:06

You lot talk a heap of shit :D

Hopefully young/old (for I have never met him) Patch , has caught up on the status of my bike buying journey, he did ask politely via rep what the outcome of my bike buying journey was. With any luck he will read this thread to find out *winner*

FJRider
13th March 2011, 18:31

You lot talk a heap of shit :D

Hopefully young/old (for I have never met him) Patch , has caught up on the status of my bike buying journey, he did ask politely via rep what the outcome of my bike buying journey was. With any luck he will read this thread to find out *winner*

One of the greatest joys in life is knowing at least one person in your life believes you are a winner ... :banana:

Any more than that is a bonus ... :clap:

and ... this is KB remember ... talking shit is what we (or at least some of us) do best ...

Mom
13th March 2011, 19:15
and ... this is KB remember ... talking shit is what we (or at least some of us) do best ...

Winner is as winner does mate. All power to them. I won $40 on a scratchy this weekend, I am a winner too :D

Swoop
14th March 2011, 08:22
Wonderful to hear Mom!
After all the crap with the "other" bike's owner, it is great to hear of fabulous service around town and a happy new owner.:cool:

James Deuce
14th March 2011, 08:37
Winner is as winner does mate. All power to them. I won $40 on a scratchy this weekend, I am a winner too :D
That's half a tank of gas covered.

Latte
14th March 2011, 17:23
Suzuki 650 K6 Bandit name to be decided

Looks like a Bob to me.....

Laava
14th March 2011, 20:12
No, not yet, but no doubt she will make her name clear when I have her home. .

How about; The Root Suit Scoot?

Mom
17th March 2011, 17:53
How about; The Root Suit Scoot?

She is getting closer :D

I have found a painter to paint my givi screen to colour match the rest of the bike, he has the screen now and needs 3 days. It should be ready Monday and will be sent directly to Colemans when it is done. Colemans rang me today to say they were ready and waiting for it, all I need now are my boots! I promised not to ring him before next Wednesday, and then only if I had not received them. You know I will probably go and get her in my old boots if they are not ready. This has been a long few days, and heaven only knows how I will cope with the waiting next week :wait:

Mom
18th March 2011, 17:52
Phone call from the cobbler today, his trusty sidekick has gone to CHCH to help out and he is running behind, will the end of next week be ok? I said of course :yes: As long as I have them in Albany by 5pm Thursday all will be sweet :devil2:

Only 7 more sleeps :baby:

Mom
22nd March 2011, 20:51
:wait: :wait:

*sigh* this waiting makes for pathetic dreams. Apparently I can ride this bike bare foot :pinch:

Mom
27th March 2011, 20:09
Maha had to take me "away ha ha" for the weekend. The planets did not align for me last week and I am still in a fizzy state :o

Next window is Saturday, so 6 sleeps *chomping at the bit* :yes:

Mom
1st April 2011, 18:13
So tomorrow is B-DAY!

All the Dots are dotted, all the Tees are crossed.

The battery in the camera is charged :sunny:

I think Darryl @ Colemans is a bit afraid of me :innocent:

I do hope he has enjoyed the Mom customer experience :shit:

By this time tomorrow I hope to have a very sore bum, an empty fuel tank, blisters from my new boots, and a very sore finger ( I managed to break the top joint of my r/h index finger :pinch:) I have had it strapped in such a way I can wear gloves and hopefully not cause too many problems.

I also expect to have a grin that stretches from ear to ear :D

How the hell can I do one more night?

Try to keep it clean please :innocent:

MadDuck
1st April 2011, 18:41
By this time tomorrow I hope to have a very sore bum...

Then there is Sunday :scooter::devil2:

FJRider
1st April 2011, 18:46

But FIRST .... saturday night .... :facepalm: ...

Dont worry about the pic's ... we have vivid imaginations ... :yes:

Mom
1st April 2011, 18:50

What colour does bruise go after deep indigo if you dont rest it I wonder? :scooter:

Bonez
1st April 2011, 18:53
Fuck mum buy a Suzuki and look what happens......Enjoy.

Mom
1st April 2011, 18:54

Yummy, yummy...

Mushrooms on toast :drool:

Oh, sorry, and a ride out somewhere :scooter:

Mom
1st April 2011, 18:55
Fuck mum buy a Suzuki and look what happens......

I know!

I am feeling a teeny, weeny bit sad about abandoning my YAY Maha :love:

But I am sure I will survive :woohoo:

MadDuck
1st April 2011, 18:56
... we have vivid imaginations ... :yes:

Really? I would never have guessed :facepalm:

FJRider
1st April 2011, 18:58
Really? I would never have guessed :facepalm:

You have to know me .... :innocent:

Bonez
1st April 2011, 20:56
I know!

I am feeling a teeny, weeny bit sad about abandoning my YAY Maha :love:

But I am sure I will survive :woohoo:I'm sure u will girl. May you have many trouble free ks on the bitch.

nallac
1st April 2011, 21:02
By this time tomorrow I hope to have a very sore bum, :innocent:

you married to a Honda ride by any chance.........

Mom
1st April 2011, 21:03
you married to a Honda ride by any chance.........

:shutup: No comment, apart from...

Bite me!

Bonez
1st April 2011, 21:05

Bite me!Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!

nallac
1st April 2011, 21:05

Bite me!

ooooohhhh yeah baby.......can i bring my whips and chains ?????????????.

Bonez
1st April 2011, 21:18
ooooohhhh yeah baby.......can i bring my whips and chains ?????????????.Oi bak you...