PDA

View Full Version : Ninja 250R loose handbar. Help!

auvicua
13th March 2011, 20:58
My bike skidded on the road a few days ago due to wet surface. The front wheel wobbled a lot too. fortunately I regained the control of the bike and did crash. But after that, the handle bar feels much lighter and loose when steer it from side to side. I think some bolts/nuts maybe loose after the skidding shock? I want to tighten them up, but not quite sure which ones are? Anybody familiar with the ninja 250R. and do I need to take it to the shop? Help pls.............

Leyton
9th May 2011, 18:44
and do I need to take it to the shop? Help pls.............

Your forks could have moved in the tripple clamps, perhaps backing off the colar that sets the headstock bearings. Highly unlikely but I don't see how your bike now feels nice and loose up front now.

Neither the less, get a shop to check it out. If it was my bike I would be re setting the forks in the clamps and resetting the headstock bearings. To be sure everything is still lined up, tourqed down and it would give me a chance to inspect the clamps.

Ender EnZed
9th May 2011, 19:23
My bike skidded on the road a few days ago due to wet surface. The front wheel wobbled a lot too. fortunately I regained the control of the bike and did crash.

What? :scratch:

JimO
9th May 2011, 20:42
What? :scratch:

methinks english not first language

unstuck
9th May 2011, 20:47
My advice would be to take it to the shop if you have no idea what you are doing,the lives of you and others may depend on it.:yes: Good luck with it.

davebullet
9th May 2011, 21:22
Your safety depends on this. I don't like to yell, but this time it is important.

TAKE IT TO THE SHOP. It sounds extremely dangerous.

DO NOT RIDE IT TO THE SHOP. Ask the shop to pick it up or push if local.

If you are worried about the cost - ask friends or family for money. They would rather have you alive for a few bucks I can assure you.