PDA

View Full Version : BRONZ Wellington meets Opposition Spokesperson for ACC

riffer
17th March 2011, 20:23
Continuing on with our work on the ACC levies, StoneY and myself met up with Opposition Spokesperson on ACC, Chris Hipkins, and Rick Barker this morning.

We had the opportunity of spending a good half an hour with Chris, and an hour with Rick (who's also a member of BRONZ), and put across a number of questions pertinent to bikers to canvas the Opposition's position on these matters.

I'm not able to announce any policy, as its still being worked on and will be released sooner to election time, but I can tell you, from what I've heard, that their position on ACC levies is a lot fairer than anything the Government has come up with to date.

BRONZ will be meeting with other parliamentary representatives throughout the year. We hope to be able to get more information on this issue as we can get it.

Kudos to Chris and Rick for taking so much time out of their day for us. Cheers guys.

Berg
17th March 2011, 20:29
Call me a sceptic if you will, but I don't trust any of them, opposition or otherwise.
They all seem to say the right words when in opposition but when the tax fund hits the turbo prop we all know they are tarred with a very similar brush.
I hope one day a politician will prove me wrong.

bogan
17th March 2011, 20:30
Good work, heres hoping they treat us as equals, but I won't be counting my chickens before they hatch!

Smifffy
17th March 2011, 21:49
One wonders whether it is the influence of the Maori party that leads to the curtains being tied in knots.

Good work, I don't suppose he could recollect what his leader (allegedly) said on the steps of parliament?

NONONO
17th March 2011, 21:56
Nice to hear Riffer,
Have also met with Darren Hughes....
re
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63coa5DT5R4
and had a chuckle or two......
Who knows?
keep on keeping on eh?

admenk
18th March 2011, 15:10
If the opinion polls are to be believed, the opposition has the luxury of being able to promise us anything we want, as it sounds unlikely they'll ever have to deliver on that promise.
That said, well done for meeting them and keeping the issue alive and current. Thanks.:cool: