PDA

View Full Version : Reversing idiot

DangerMice
18th March 2011, 07:24
Had a guy pull out of a car park into my lane as I was alongside him yesterday near Avondale. Blasted him with my horn as I hit the brakes.

He sticks his fist out the window and then proceeds to drive up Gt North Road/Ash St towards New Lynn at 20 kph (in afternoon peak traffic) constantly watching me in his mirror, occasionally slamming on the brakes trying to get me to run into him.

I didn't want to pass him because a) I could see what he's up to better from behind, & b) I didn't want him getting my plate.

So we continue cruising slowly down Ash St, him driving like a dick, me following. Then outside the race course, he hit the brakes again. I stopped about 7 or 8 metres behind him. He then chucks it in reverse and comes at me. There was plenty of room so I didn't move.

He stopped, and I sat up and folded my arms, staring at him. He then did it again, stopping about 2 metres away. I still didn't move, and I think he figured out I wasn't going to be intimidated, so he took off and drove normally after that. What a cock.

So, if you see a white mitsubishi legnum BWS727, keep an eye on him.

Str8 Jacket
18th March 2011, 07:29
Keep an eye out for ALL road users. Always! ;)

miloking
Thats what you get for riding a scooter :D you need something more intimidating...

Nah it was an idiot...next time *555 him, at the rate hes going surely he will get a knock on his door(and head) one day!

oneofsix
did you *555 him?

cheshirecat
18th March 2011, 07:38
That's a dangerous driving charge. You really should 555. At min he'll be red lighted. If not he'll do it to another rider, a novice perhaps and worse will come of it.

DangerMice
18th March 2011, 07:43
If I'd had my phone on me I would've, but I'd left it at home. I usually wear a hands free kit so I could've even called while following him, dammit. I filled out a "bad driver" report, but I'm thinking I might wander down to the police station today and make a complaint.

Str8 Jacket
18th March 2011, 07:45
If I'd had my phone on me I would've, but I'd left it at home. I usually wear a hands free kit so I could've even called while following him, dammit. I filled out a "bad driver" report, but I'm thinking I might wander down to the police station today and make a complaint.

You do realise that you may have to start doing this once a week/day if you actually reported every driver that either did or almost took you out, right?
Best just to treat every driver like they didn't see you or that they are out to get ya!

Pascal
18th March 2011, 07:48

www.police.govt.nz

If you *555 him it does not go on his record, as I understand. You must fill it in on the website. When it is there it is available to insurance companies and the like as well.

Leastways, that was my understanding from police coms. So, go ahead. Fill it in now. And make sure he carries his crap along with him for a long time. Who knows, next time he's in an accident and hurts a motorcyclist your report may very well be the one that makes the difference between him walking away and him getting slapped with something.

(Doh, should've read it all. Good on ya)

DangerMice
18th March 2011, 07:48
You do realise that you may have to start doing this once a week/day if you actually reported every driver that either did or almost took you out, right?
Best just to treat every driver like they didn't see you or that they are out to get ya!

No, I'm well used to being cut off etc, the blast of the horn was my only reaction. I do take exception to being reversed at though...

oneofsix
18th March 2011, 07:51

Good for you

DangerMice
18th March 2011, 07:52
Gonna start wearing my helmet cam again I think. lol

jonbuoy
18th March 2011, 08:04
You would hope they would follow it up, if someone bumped into you on the street and then chased you with a knife I think they would follow it up - whats the difference?

Devil
18th March 2011, 09:26
www.police.govt.nz

If you *555 him it does not go on his record, as I understand. You must fill it in on the website. When it is there it is available to insurance companies and the like as well.

You understand wrong. If you *555 someone and the cops deem it to be serious enough AND there are resources are available, a car will be sent out to deal with it there and then. It also gets recorded.
Doing it on the website gets it recorded, but does nothing apart from instigate a letter to the offending driver to sharpen up and no-one but the cops have access to that db. They do read everything that comes through there however, I have been called after dobbing someone in asking if I wanted to take it further and lay a complaint.
The only method that guarantee's follow up is reporting it in person at the copshop.

cbfb
18th March 2011, 09:29
Man if that was me I would go down the police station and make a statement, get the wanker charged.

Grubber
18th March 2011, 09:57
And you're telling us this because.....???????

DangerMice
18th March 2011, 10:15
I felt like it?

CookMySock
18th March 2011, 10:41
Thats what you get for riding a scooter :D you need something more intimidating...Sadly, there is a lot of truth in this.

mikemike104
18th March 2011, 10:57
His car has had no wof since it last failed one in APRIL 2009, and has had its reg cancelled since Dec 2010.... Would have been neat to hear how the cops came and gave him a wooping big fine for driving a car like that and then he got a court apperance for DD..

Next time maybe.:rolleyes:

DangerMice
18th March 2011, 11:42
Sadly, there is a lot of truth in this.

True, but then I'm 6'1" and over 115kg, people do listen to me sometimes.

http://vimeo.com/21176165

DangerMice
18th March 2011, 11:47
Wandered down to the station and the lovely lady on the front desk was quite impressed with my carjam print out. She said because I'd already submitted a report to let the bad driver report people go over it first and they would probably be in contact. She took the rego so she could ring them about it. So wait and see I guess.

Deano
18th March 2011, 12:07
True, but then I'm 6'1" and over 115kg, people do listen to me sometimes.

Your poor scooter !!

DangerMice
18th March 2011, 12:08
it's tough, carried my arse around for 3 years so far

cheesemethod
18th March 2011, 12:26
Wandered down to the station and the lovely lady on the front desk was quite impressed with my carjam print out. She said because I'd already submitted a report to let the bad driver report people go over it first and they would probably be in contact. She took the rego so she could ring them about it. So wait and see I guess.

I've done a similar thing at the police station before, the lady behind the counter had a bit of a chuckle because she had somebody report the same driver/car 30 minutes earlier. They do take these sorts of things seriously especially if the calls and reports start to stack up.