PDA

View Full Version : GSM Diallers for alarms - question

scissorhands
19th March 2011, 09:44
I'm ready to chuck the landline except for my home security alarm phones my mobile if a zone is activated.

I have recently heard of GSM dialers that attach to your alarm control box, and remove the need for a landline, using a sim card that just needs yearly top up instead.

I found this place http://www.kiwibuydirect.co.nz/html/gsm_alarms.html has a 2 year warranty, they also stock another unlisted dialler with more features....

or can anyone recommend a good available in NZ GSM Dialler?

scissorhands
24th March 2011, 09:27
Even the guys at Dick Smith have no idea what a Security Alarm GSM dialler is....

I predict these will be common place in the near future, as they have a whole swag of applicability to any owner of private property.

They have many security applications including motorbike security alarms that call/text your mobile/landline immediately if a zone is triggered.

IE: motion sensor on your bike or in your storage area is activated, -ring ring, wake up, grab the big maglite torch and go have a look....

bogan
24th March 2011, 09:48
Not had dealings with alarm ones, but had a bike GPS tracker, my advice is get a sim card on a plan, it's way too easy to forget to top it up every year, and then the whole lot is useless :(

And from a tech point of view, only one possible flaw is if theifies start getting cell jammers. Otherwise it's all good and should work just like a phone line.