PDA

View Full Version : Freight costs from UK?

liljegren
20th March 2011, 12:59
Can anybody suggest a good company to pick up a replacement VFR800 motor from a breakers yard in Essex, and get it to me in Auckland? No motors on the horizon here, so found one on ebay, but they dont do international forwarding! Thanks Matt.

racefactory
20th March 2011, 13:29
Sorry I can't help but best of luck with that mate. I too have wondered how it would work out getting a motor from overseas. Keep us updated.

robinm
20th March 2011, 16:51
I think that you will find it cost prohibitive, freight ex the UK is VERY expensive. To arrange it from this end you may have to contact an international furniture removal co, maybe crown or pickfords, both of whom have branch's in the UK. The wrecker would have to drain all fluids, clean the motor and crate it before sending. Then on arrival to NZ it would require a MAF inspection and would be subject to GST.

robinm
20th March 2011, 16:58
Or you could buy this one, here in NZ
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Parts-for-sale/Complete-engines/auction-362049614.htm

hayd3n
20th March 2011, 17:00
i had a 600cc head sent over from wales earlier in the year
took 3 days and $200 i can ask the person who sent it who he used to ship but i beleive he had to get a declaration of cleaning and deliver to the shipping company ill find out if you like

nallac
20th March 2011, 17:07
I know my old man uses UTI for his freight,but they go by either a cub metre or a tonne.
So no real help for you.
But its shit loads cheaper to ship EX England or Europe than the states.Close to 2/3rds cheaper.

liljegren
20th March 2011, 18:30
Or you could buy this one, here in NZ
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Parts-for-sale/Complete-engines/auction-362049614.htm

Yeah thanks Robynm, couple of problems here. '02 motor is not compatible apparently, different VTec cut in? Also this is an exchange motor, so I dont get to flog off my motor bits which are undamaged, also ,he's too dear!!!

liljegren
20th March 2011, 18:32
i had a 600cc head sent over from wales earlier in the year
took 3 days and $200 i can ask the person who sent it who he used to ship but i beleive he had to get a declaration of cleaning and deliver to the shipping company ill find out if you like

Cheers, could be helpful. Matt.