PDA

View Full Version : Luke's first attempt at the Cliff Hanger

driftn
21st March 2011, 18:37
Got on the road nice and early Saturday morning with me old mate Deano and get to the pits and see some frinedly faces unpack and get ready for the first sighting run. Have only ridden the road once before so was pretty nervous.
All went well, Dean had said ease in to the day and don't go hard from the first run. I took it easy and busted a 2.36 then Deano turns up and we here 2.27 come over the radio 1 second off his record. NICE WAY TO TAKE IT EASY DEAN. second run I did 2.32.
As you can probably work out the times kept dropping quite fast and by the end of the day was doing 2.24. I was quite pissed off as dean was still getting faster and faster than I was. ON A CHICKS BIKE!

The real fun began at the end of Saturday after the racing had finish at the rally. Short and curlys of it heaps of beer, good mates and Drews side car in a big empty paddock means a whole shit load of fun.

Sunday

After one sighting run and not feeling to shit hot I set out for my first timed run, going very easy on it I did a 2.25. No idea how I did that but was a good thing. Next run I went 2.22 or .23 just behind dean then did a 2.20 Was rapt to be a head of dean.
After this things started getting as rough as the road every run I did I made a mistake which ultimatly cost on the clock.
Final run I did I set about being calm getting off the gas later and getting back on it sooner. This seemed to be working well untill I come to the cliff hanger and the bike starts sliding, no worrys try turn it in and it kept going straight. lucky I managed to haul it up and turn before hitting the fence. How ever coming out of this corner in first gear and about 10kph is not the fastest way up the hill. I saw red and pushed the hardest I had all day and still did a 2.22. Wonder how thing would have gone had I not stuffed up the cliff hanger turn oh well Time to pack it in for the day.
Prize giving I was first in the C1 up to 600cc (only bike entered) and 3rd in the Cliff Hanger class. 4th over all for the day. All in all pretty happy with the week end cant wait for next year.

Big thanks must go to all the people that made it all happen, what a fantastic event, Deano for the ride, Tania for giving me the mega late pass for the week end, Drew for jumping me on the mighty RF, Gaz, Pete, Allan, Roger and evry body else that was there for the stupid shit. I will be back next year to have a proper crack at it and try get that big cup of one Mr Cathro.

Weaver
21st March 2011, 21:12
Well done matey. Not bad at all for your first time. You didn't fail my talking up of you that much. Good shit.

Matt Bleck
22nd March 2011, 13:37
Well done Luke!! :niceone:

Clivoris
27th March 2011, 21:09
Good shit Luke. Gutted I couldn't be there.

roadracingoldfart
28th March 2011, 06:03
Your lucky i didnt know the thing was on that weekend , i could have brought Steevies monster and given you the learn :facepalm: up the hill.
The video footage was cool too mate , good attempt for a virgin.

Riff Raff
28th March 2011, 06:26
Good shit douchebag. xxx

wharfy
29th March 2011, 13:41
excellent results !!!
First time I've missed it for several years, but WOMAD was booked (and paid for ) prior

wharfy
29th March 2011, 13:42
Your lucky i didnt know the thing was on that weekend , i could have brought Steevies monster and given you the learn :facepalm: up the hill.
The video footage was cool too mate , good attempt for a virgin.

Where's the video ?

White trash
29th March 2011, 14:48
How about you get your shit together and get that old nail sorted for the Actrix Winter Series then worry about hillclimbs for next year.

Seriously good effort though mate. Some more time on the bike and I'm sure you'll go well next time.

Clivoris
29th March 2011, 14:57
Where's the video ?

What he said.

Deano
29th March 2011, 16:36
There's video taken from various parts of the road on the hillclimb thread in Meetings and Events.